Morningstar

Morningstar Employee Reviews

Good not enough career progression

OK, not too tasking but that's reflected in the salary as well, worked in the finance team. I liked the bagel Wednesday, literally the highlight of my week.

Less money for less work

The company has great work life balance. You can finish of your work in 5-6 hrs. Maybe that's why salary is below industry standards.You will make quick friends as it will be 1 job for most people and management is helpful in ramping.

Insights into Morningstar

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Productive and friendly environment

I like morningstar positive and friendly environment. Everyday When I come in the office I feel very charm and excited to do work. I have a good experience with Morning Star Institute.

Sda

Wonderful company! enough growth opportunities , free snack provided, employee friendly policies, internally can grow.multiple teams to collaborate opportunity to work abroad.

Productive and fun place

Great place to start your career with. Though the wok gets monotonous and learning is limited. The team is amazing and fun. Production targets are there

Good for starters, growth for innovators

Morningstar cares for its emoloyees. Amazing culture and rated one of the best places to work. Very good for women. Management is supportive. Salary below industry average. If one gets a better offer, its rare that mstar will match the difference, they would rather let you go.

Pros

Lots of gifts

Cons

Salary low

Productive and welcomed environment

I interned as a data analyst in Morningstar for 6 months. My colleagues are really nice and I really enjoyed the work.Pro: Comfortable working environmentCons: Benefits not very good

Great place to work. Great colleagues and inspiring leadership. Excellent employee benefits and flexible work arrangements. Generous leave allowance and learning opportunities

Great work life balance

Work life balance is good, you can switch profile in between. Flexible in and out time. Growth is restricted you. You will struggle a bit to grow. Stream lined processes.

Pros

Wfh, flexible timings

Cons

Less hike

Great Work Life balance

Great WLB. Opportunity to learn and move around teams. Pay is very low as compared to other tech firms. Management is good but you won't get much raises

Good People, Unlimited Time off

as an MDP, you start in client support, which can be very difficult as you're basically working in a call line. There's a lot of support from the program, but roles can be hard to find and get into

Pros

unlimited PTO

Cons

pay isn't as competitive as elsewhere

sabbatical every four years

It's a great place for those who love and very good at B.S. It's not the best place for those doers who are introverts. Your hard work will be taken credits by those talkers. Be ware. However, if you know how to play the games, you can be the winner.

Pros

lots of freebies

Cons

compensation is not competitive

The Best Work Culture

I had the best experience working here in India with Morningstar. I would highly recommend freshers to give a start with this company. It would really help to fetch your long-term goals faster :)

Pros

Best festive celebrations held here

Cons

long hours of work during Peak season

Good location, nice facilities, average leadership

Most companies are only as good as your direct manager. I had two that were pretty bad. No company policy can erase the ineffectiveness of a poor manager. When you interview at a company, I think you should find out as much as you can about your hiring manager as possible to see if it is a good match.Enjoyed supporting my internal clients on a daily basis. Overall, the culture was good. The Chicago facilities were very modern and nice and centrally located downtown close to the lake and transportation.

Pros

Nice facilities, great location, "unlimited" (whatever your manger approves) pto, no dress code, friendly co-workers

Cons

Compared to the financial services industry, the pay is average or below. Inept managers allowed to linger.

Great Place to Work

Morningstar definitely has good values and mission statement to stand by. Management is very supportive and atmosphere feels more like home. It is part of India's Top 100 Great Place to work Companies. However, do not expect very high level of work if you happen to join Equity Data team as its more of collection role. The Learning for this department are almost non-existent. People who want to work in relaxed atmosphere can definitely join. However, if you are expecting to have a highly challenging role then this department is not something i would suggest to join. Also, lets not forget that the Compensation here is very low. For me the Learning were high, because i got to work on New Project/Process set-up. Got to collaborate with multiple stakeholders across offices.

Pros

Great Place to Work

Cons

Compensation

Good WLB but not fast paced

Pay lower than competitors but good work life balance to make up for it. Morningstar also has invested in a rotation and career path program for mobility but you really have to stand up for yourself to get there.

Very Good Comapnay and also good for long term stay

It was my first company and did get a great exposure to work as on fresher level. i will recommend for both fresher as well experienced IT people to join this organization.

Pros

All Good.

Productive and fun workplace

The office and environment are very nice.The team there is productive and competitive. Also, the people and the team there are friendly and helpful.

Great lunch area and office location. Great beverages and an amazing auditorium

The logistics are great at Morningstar. The processes are defined well which makes the workflow smooth. Team Leads are proficient and knowledgeable about their work. The process of recruitment is quite extensive, which helps bring in really great employees. I cherish my work years at Morningstar.

Pros

Free Lunches, great conference rooms

Very good organization

Simply work experience was awesome. Very good facility for employee. Good culture. Learning support by company. Growth and opportunity are there as company is growing. Time flexibility. Fun at work. Everything is very good.

Pros

All good

Cons

Nothing to say cons

Great launching point

Great culture and work life balance. Smart people but low performers are not managed out as quickly as they could be, lifers get too much of a pass. Compensation is the biggest drawback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morningstar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Learn about Morningstar in popular locations

• Morningstar
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?