Morphe

Morphe Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom16 reviews

Store needs fixing

Morphe as a company I enjoyed but the management in the store is a nightmare. New managers started just before I left and they are incompetent, patronising fakes. Management can not be trusted with any information, complaints or general running of the store. The Key Holders/Supervisors ran the store more than the managers and better than the managers. They also were the ones trying to fix our issues because the managers wouldn’t. The gratis is great and the actual company is better than snowy cosmetics brands but head office need to listen to the valid complaints more and listen to staff that aren’t managers. There’s no chance of a social life whilst working here. Say goodbye to your weekends, friends and family. Pay is not what it should be either, I think there’s a big pay gap between the main manager and the BA’s and keyholders. Needs to be raised.

Pros

Gratis

Cons

Bad management Head office can be ignorant

Productive and fun environment

Amazing team Great experienceFun theme daysQuality products Collaborative environment Progression pathsGood brand Amazing atmosphere Loved working there

Insights into Morphe

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Hard work doesn’t pay off.

Appreciation doesn’t pay the bills! At the beginning yes it was fun I’m not going to lie, the team was up for anything. Then 3 months before I decided to leave all Management left then I was running the shop, me and the team got the store to global No1! All the team was putting in the hours and working Hard. My responsibilities tripled over night and I was staying after every shift and coming in on my days off to complete tasks I didn’t have time to do as I was doing 3 peoples jobs. Let’s just say I put in my blood, sweat and tears for this company. so I applied for the store manager role as I have been doing it for months now. Then I got told I was not ready? (No interview) This was all the feedback I got! So getting the store to global No1 and hitting targets was not good enough?? It was a slap in the face. All my hard work for nothing! They would rather hire External then Promote within!! This has happened before. Hard work doesn’t pay off!! You are just a number and you can be replaced, They don’t care about you or your career.

Pros

50% discount (the store is always 50% off so you can still get discount all the time)

Cons

Long hours, no appreciation, you don’t get paid for any overtime if you full time.

Competitive and draining

Morphe promise so much to their employees, when in reality,it’s a living nightmare.Management only care about their favourites and degrade the others. One of the key holders made a display titled “bottom babe” to show who was doing the worst that week.

Pros

Gratis

Cold hard cash

All though morphs claim to be all inclusive the focus is ultimately cold, hard cash in the till, having worked at morphed Asia keyholder for 6 months I was prepared to leave the position with no job to go due to the way the management and poor structure of the company made me feel. Hours in excess of 15/16 hours , receiving calls at all hours of the day and night due to lack of staff to complete expectations set by the company , if you’re looking to be treated as a human being rather than a money making machine I’d suggest not taking a position with this company.

Pros

Free promo materials such as pallets etc

Cons

Longs hours no structure

do NOT do it

Management and HR don’t care about their staff at all, they work us to the bone for pennies while they sit in offices all day on their phones. everyone is extremely nasty and rude, especially management. say goodbye to your social life because we are so understaffed you will be working 10 days in a row sometimes. there is no progression you will just be treated like a robot & will never receive a thank you.

Exciting and challenging

As a Digital Marketer my role has never ending opportunity, I'm able to suggest and implement change, have face time with all levels of seniority and really make the role my own. I often collaborate with counterparts in San Francisco on projects whilst driving the EU strategy forward across PPC, SEO, Paid Social and Email. The culture at Morphe as a whole is great, there are no hierarchical politics and everyone is treated equally, being based in a We Work office is also really fun, allowing you to have a good balance between work and socialising.

Devoted to the People!

Morphe is fantastic. I am a current employee, and this has been my best working experience to date. Both head office and in store, teams are extremely hard-working, and will try their upmost best to provide the best possible service. Morphe take great pride in looking after their Morphe Babe's, whether this is our internal, or external family! It's rare to find such raw, positive, company culture - Every Morphe Babe is encouraged to be their authentic selves! There are resources such as Litmos training, to provide helpful training on over 700 different courses! We have the freedom to try any course we like. This varies from HR to Mental Health training. I'm so excited to be apart the growth of Morphe, and to expand our Morphe Fam!!

Pros

Fun, amazing opportunities, positive working environment, social, training courses, Morphe education

Cons

Be prepared to work hard!

Morphe Stratford..

Working for morphe was exciting and amazing at first but after a while I quickly realised we were treated like slaves and robots. ‘Work hard play hard’ lol ok it’s all fun and games when you work in HR Monday - Friday with a Prosecco tap whenever you want. They are quick to dismiss you but can stick up for managers who are way worse. They will use the names of specific people in head office to try and ‘scare’ you into behaving, even tell lies that they are outside the store so everyone is on edge. The pay is ridiculous and is really low for the work you have to do, staying extra hours and cleaning like cleaners for pennies. Not to mention it’s so hot you feel like you are going to pass out. To sum it up, horrible place to work. DON’T DO IT.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Everything but the discount

Work hard, play hard

I believe Morphe is an incredibly exciting place to be. It's a small company that's growing very quickly, and it is very fast paced, so you can expect to work hard whatever role you're in, but it's also a really positive, fun and autonomous environment. There is huge opportunity to develop and grow in this Company because every day we're forging new ground - opening new stores, partnerships, launching new products, introducing new job roles, etc. We haven't got everything right since we launched in the UK, and we're learning with every month that passes, and every store we open, but I believe Morphe is truly focused on diversity, inclusion, autonomy and progression and as such, if you commit to the brand, the rewards can be huge. I've been fortunate enough to be able to promote someone within my team within 9 months (in a team of 2!) because our department needs grew and they were performing above expectation. We've had other promotions within the business too, despite barely being up and running a year. We're not perfect and we're still building and growing our processes and policies, so we're constantly discovering new and better ways to do things, but mistakes aren't taken negatively at Morphe as long as you're open to learning from them. We use them as growth and learning opportunities to do better next time. From a benefits perspective, in the UK we've launched the Perkbox programme of additional perks and discounts, which all employees have access to, which includes free mobile phone insurance, cinema tickets and weekly coffees, as well as hundreds of -

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits, great work environment, ability to be yourself, Perkbox

Cons

You have to be prepared for hard work and to be agile and flexible

Discrimination

Working here was a huge dream of mine and a lot of other members of staff working there, since the store opened almost the whole team has left due to issues with management. If they haven’t left most have been dismissed, a lot for minor reasons. One of the managers here is/was (got dismissed but management made out they left) discriminatory against muslims and also homophobic. Store manager is good and friendly, but protects the managers over anyone else, even when they are completely in the wrong. The brand it’s self is an amazing brand to work for with loads of opportunities, as well as being very busy with lots to do. Head office team is also very good, they get involved and help support the store when need be, but again can sometimes turn a blind eye when you need them the most. The brand is still quite new so some of there procedures aren’t fully in place yet and sometimes you don’t feel appreciated for the hard work you do. The team is amazing for the most part, although some are completely fake and can’t be trusted. Such a shame.

Pros

Opportunities

Cons

Lack of recognition, support and morals.

Would never recommend anyone to work with the company

the management are inconsiderable to what their employees are going through even when they are told. I have had incidents where I have come into work vomiting and I still stayed through out my shift to carry out my job role and extra, I have put into 150% all the time since I have started working and it is unfair that not once have I been given praise. In the start of my time at morphe I also took on two job roles and I would also be on the shop floor helping customers or on tills however I have yet to see any management come out of the office and carry out tasks. I have witnessed management stay in the office for most of their shift watching videos on their phone acting as if they are doing work on the computer. It’s sad to say but the management have failed me and the other employees at morphe However I’m glad for the opportunity (not for working for morphe) as I met amazing colleagues and I hope this issue could be solved so that they don’t have to suffer what many of us who are now gone had to. I also wrote a long email to the hr team and they still have yet to reply and it is almost two months.

Pros

Amazing colleagues

High Energy, High demand

Overall i loved the working environment and youre handed countless advantages and opportunities. management itself is great. Some individuals can be testing. this is especially trying if you feel as though you are being talked down to. other than this main manager was delightful and the job itself was a great experience, although its hard work.

Mentally and Emotionally Exhausting

Morphe is an amazing and exciting brand but it’s real downfall is the treatment of its employees. All the way from head office staff down to the store managers I didn’t experience one iota of respect from anybody throughout my time working for the company. Anything you confide in members of management will be used against you when they decide they want to get rid of you. There was no level of mutual trust or respect within the store, it seemed everybody was in competition with one another. No amount of overtime, extra responsibility or general hard work seemed to be enough, or appreciated to any extent whatsoever. Some days I worked 13 hour shifts and was expected to be on top form the very next morning. I experienced a head office member of staff telling me I didn’t seem “grateful” to be employed by the company. I’ve furthermore never experienced a higher level of bitchiness within a store for any brand that I’ve worked for - this including management and head office staff also. Working in this store was generally physically and emotionally draining and my treatment whilst working for the brand left me feeling extremely unconfident and unworthy. For its location, high profile and working hours the wage was absolutely below average and I was told I was expected to improve before I could receive a reasonable pay rise. Don’t be fooled by the excitement of working for an exciting brand as you will be treated like a robot once employed.

Pros

50% discount

Cons

Long Hours, Bad Pay, Favouritism

Working at Morphe

Whilst working here they forced overtime on many of the temps without them being warned. I noticed the longer I workd for the company the harder it got (not with the tasks given) coping with a few other colleagues. The hardest part of the job is keeping yourself mentally strong as permanent beauty artists there can be fake and speak about you behind your backs, give you looks and are also definetly sometimeish. I loved the manager but it seems he struggles with a few organising issues.. The management can be ridiculous at times and I personally would not go to them with a complaint due to the fact they will use it against you to get rid of you. Permanent Beauty Artists that work there currently bad mouth management all the time. They are fake towards one another and there seemed to be segregation within working there.

Pros

Free Lunches & 50% off

Cons

Long hours, Jealousy, Fake colleagues

okay place to work if you're looking for temporary work

You don't really learn anything new from there you can't go even 1 shift with no makeup which I understand to some extent because you work in a makeup store but there are also times when you need to let your skin breathe but if the A.S.M. is on shift she will literally make you put on makeup, like I had a really bad breakout and was told by a doctor not to put anything besides the prescribed cream on my face, I came into work with the doctors note and was still told to put on makeup a lot of the beauty artists there are honestly lovely people, so easy to talk to/get along with, if it wasn't for them I honestly would have left a lot sooner there are "6 Managers" in total and out of the 6, 4 of them I actually liked and got a long with really well and are honestly really lovely people the actual store manager is really nice but at times can come across quite fake but i'm not sure if its something she's noticed or even knows that she does from time to time, I would also say sometimes it can come across as being heavily influenced by the A.S.M. but all in all she is a nice person The associate store manager is absolutely awful she is incredibly rude, very snobby, thinks she's gods gift, constantly talks down to you, will be-little you and she's just not a nice person in general to be around, she's very hypocritical because if you be-little her or talk down to her she does not like it but when she does it to you its okay, shes someone that you need to have a backbone with otherwise she will walk all over you. A lot of people have left because she is the main reason, -

Pros

50% staff discount

Cons

long hours, awful pay, managers favourite their staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morphe. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement