Morris & Company Ltd

United Kingdom23 reviews

Productive and fast paced

Featured review

Morris & Company Ltd selected this as a representative review
From the first interviewing stage I think it was very welcoming and the training and induction process was very good and once in the job as long as you are a caring, compassionate and empathetic carer you will continue to progress if you should wish to do so

Pros

Good management

Cons

Can’t think of any

A Very Inclusive and Enjoyable Workplace Environment!

I am a receptionist for Morris and Co Ltd and have worked for them since 2020 on a part time/ ad hoc basis. I work at the headquarters in Welsh Bridge and also in a number of their Care Homes in Shrewsbury. The company ethos is very inclusive, in depth training is given to all members of staff and more importantly all staff are continuously assessed to ensure that they are performing to a high standard which is very important in the private Care Sector. Staff are encouraged to achieve their best and achievement is recognised in the form of merit awards and promotions within the group.The Management teams are friendly and approachable and I would recommend the working environment to anyone.

Pros

friendly working environment

Insights into Morris & Company Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Supportive family business. Great place to work.

I've worked with the team on and off for more than ten years - I even left and came back as I missed them so much. Standards are high and we are expected to work hard, but that creates a motivated team spirit - we all just want to do out best.

Pros

Pension and employee discount scheme

Treat staff awful

Regimental and such an outdated company. Treat staff like dirt and no respect. Very clicky company , will not take advice from people with knowledge.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, bullying and totally disrespectful

At the time of working for Morris Care, I honestly couldnt say anything that impressed me much.

Poor place to work, can't keep staff and have a high turn over, Morris traat their staff badly. They, themselves need to work on interviews and need to make sure there are better working conditions, I was treated very badly, undermined by management and found there to be little or no support. At the time I had finished college with a level 3 in health and they wouldnt pay me, so I sort to find out a level 2 in care equivalent, which they wouldn't pay either in case we left, no ability to move up or educate their staff. A lot of rota changes without notifying staff and then blaming staff members, resulting in taking photos of the rota as proof. Under staffed a lot, very clicky place, ensuring that people who are in the click have more time on breaks and lighter pick of the work.

Pros

The residents were fab.

Cons

Long hours, lack of decent pay, humiliation by senior staff, understaffed, rota changes with no notifications, guilt tripped if you had days off.

Stressful and no appreciation

Terrible management, stressful job due to staffing levels and work load with no support off management just negative comments and belittling, heartbroken i had to leave in the end

Pros

Working with the residents and getting to know their families

Cons

No support from management

Change over of management for the better.

Staff are friendly, will help other colleagues. Shift swaps. Overtime is enhanced so worth doing. Can do shorter shifts instead of 12 hours,days only. Can take holidays mostly when you want to.

Pros

Free tea and toast.

Cons

It can take time to start working after induction. No time off in December.

Fairly good environment.

The company has a good vision which should if upheld by all will make it the best place for any employee to be, there are free uniforms and local trainings are free. Covid testing and swabbing is done often, daily for staff (LTT) and monthly for all residents which is definitely a plus in the fight against the virus.

Pros

Free uniforms

Cons

Not enough training, very stressful.

It’s so busy, nobody has time to show newbies the ropes. So if you are unsure of what you are doing you will get nasty comments from some of the other members of staff. Some of the staff are lovely, but some are really rude. You are absolutely rushed off your feet, there just isn’t enough time to do everything. Some aspects of the job are very stressful, made worse by some of the other members of staff.

Pros

The people you are looking after are lovely.

Cons

Some of the staff are really not very nice to work with.

Staff lovely people to work with

Staff are lovely here. They make the place.It's more of a home feel because of the great staff.I've never worked somewhere where I've felt so at home and the residents were so looked after.

Pros

Free toast

Nice people but backbiting

I would not work for this company if i were you they promise the earth money could not sustain a normal lifestyle to many big egos amongst some of the people who work there but some were genuine

No way

Bad experience with Morris Care: bad placements, the management is not helpful, a big override of employment. Big lack of communication between carers, clients and management. Clients most of the time ignored. I think this company needs improvements in all areas.

Pros

Cons

Very bad management

Some frendly staff. Some staff help when needed.

Morris Care is a hard place to work, you are always on your feet doing something and feel like you never get a break. Some staff are really helpful but not all. The most enjoyable part for me was knowing I helped the residents as much as I could.

Good working environment

Everyone who works here are good team members good work opportunities I did my nvq 3 with this company and passed there are lots of qualification opportunities and the best of all seeing the elderly residents smiles and their appreciation to all the care workers makes the job satisfactory give me a sense of accomplishment would recommend this company to anyone who wants to go into the care sector the only down side to me was the hours can be long and unsociable so be prepared to work hard and don’t expect too much

Pros

Working with the elderly and having sense of accomplishment

Cons

The work hours are long and can be unsociable

productive, realisation

I started with morris care when I was 15 my first job. still a boy looking to make money, driven and hungry to thrive in a big company. It did take me long to push through the ranks. I managed to become a supervisor in less than two years which was great.

Pros

free lunches and great stories from residents

Cons

limitations

What happens on a daily basis

All staff were on a rolling rota so you are able to plan things so you didn't miss family functions. Had 1.5 days of supernumery shifts. I had come from working in the hospital so was unsure of procedure. No real support from manager or team leader. I found very few healthcare support workers and nurses would speak to me whilst on shift. The long days would be 13.5 hours. The manager not been very professional as she always had favourites and they would get the opportunity to go to training. Manager not approachable.

Pros

rolling rota, overtime if you wanted it.

Cons

management, colleagues, old building so not hoist friendly

supervisor

excellent place to work. good atmosphere with all the colleges and residents. great facilities , car park, kitchen, resting room, tv, microwave, good opportunities for progress

Firm but friendly to work

I did cleaning of residents rooms and comunial area fetched residents laundary distrbuted it helped fold towels in laundary cleaned carpets with carpet cleaner which train for

Pros

Friendly team

Cons

Short breaks

A freindly supportive place of work

I have enjoyed working in the construction side of property, I have learnt a great deal of knowledge, especially on the joinery side of it. I have been split between two places of work, the joinery workshop and Head Office. Both places are very different, I enjoyed dealing with Sub Contractor regarding Tenders. The Hardest part of the job is keeping up to date with the Health & Safety laws and regulations when most of our work force are Sub Contracted. I would like a chance to progress in my career, and build my role, however I do not feel that this can be done here, as everyone at Morris's is looked after so much that they never leave, and therefore vacancies are few and far between, especially office based.

Pros

Understanding as a company regarding Children

Cons

i have to pay to park £80 a month

good little care home

I did really enjoy working here management good and approachable travel provided from your home to care home meals provided for a low fee ($1) only issue there was a divide between the English workers and foreigner workers

good workplace

when working for Morris Care as a stewardess the atmosphere was pretty relaxed and everyone was very approachable. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the residents.

Pros

other employees

Cons

n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morris & Company Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement