Morris Care
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Morris Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom68 reviews

staffworkjobcarelongworkingmanagementmorris

Exciting and productive work place

Morris care is a lovely place to be, Beautiful and very Clean environment with OPEN minded staffs who don’t discriminate and truly understand the importance of communication in a work environment.Morris care believes in taking care of their staffs, lot of perks for staffs and training to keep us up to date and Progress in career.It’s an exciting place for me as everyone seems to understand their roles therefore making work a lot easier for everyone The manager is readily available and approachable at all times It’s a home where when I’m off from work I always feel like I’m missing out on something 😊👍

Avoid

Not a great place to work when you genuinely care for the residents and see management don’t. Everything is a facade. They decorate the front of the place to make it look nice for visitors but don’t put money into things that matter. There’s never any activities for the residents, most of their days spent in bed or sat in the lounge. No pads are ever provided, they allocate 1 day a week and then don’t give any if requested. They move paying residents to tiny rooms with no bathrooms and refuse to cooperate to help them. The food is unbelievable, giving residents the same meal twice daily, even sometimes only providing scrambled egg with nothing to go with it. Everything is done to make more money here. Staff come and go as they treat you badly and bursars make one rule for one staff and not the others. Very clicky workplace wouldn’t recommend to work here or for a family member to stay.

Insights into Morris Care

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

Friendly atmosphere

Staff are friendly managers easy to approach. Everyone is willing to help if you get stuck. Residents are lovely and enjoy a chat while cleaning there room. I work with a great team who have made me feel very welcome, as somebody said you are part of the family now. So lovely xx

Pros

Friendly

Cons

Weekends

Great place to work. Great team work.

As a receptionist I love my job. Meeting family members and friends. Getting to know the family and taking an interest in them.Meeting and Talking to all types of professionals on the phone and being part of a great team. Having a great manger who is always very supportive to all the staff her door is always open. All the other management team are always there to help and support you in any way they can.

Productive and competitive. It's the Excellency for me🥰

Morriscare is a great company to work with. I was personally recruited from overseas and at once thought it would be hard for me adjusting into a new place. Surprisingly, my new team made life a whole lot easier for me. Great staff to work with and very supportive management. Iam here enjoying free and company paid for courses and collecting my certificates!

Pros

Free snacks in the staff room and yes, get those company paid for learning programs for your career development

Cons

I do 12 hour shifts.

Educative, fun and productive

Working with this company has been nothing but a huge change for me. My life, has changed gradually in these few months, the staff are very supportive and I couldn’t ask for more than a good team.

Great satisfaction

I've been at morris care for two years, I absolutely love my job and the people i work with. All the residents are lovely. I'm currently doing my nvq2 that the company has organised & paid for.

Avoid

Awful place to work, not enough carers to even look after the residents , most call out all day for hours with no one attending to themThe place is about profit not care.

A Very Inclusive and Enjoyable Workplace Environment!

I am a receptionist for Morris and Co Ltd and have worked for them since 2020 on a part time/ ad hoc basis. I work at the headquarters in Welsh Bridge and also in a number of their Care Homes in Shrewsbury. The company ethos is very inclusive, in depth training is given to all members of staff and more importantly all staff are continuously assessed to ensure that they are performing to a high standard which is very important in the private Care Sector. Staff are encouraged to achieve their best and achievement is recognised in the form of merit awards and promotions within the group.The Management teams are friendly and approachable and I would recommend the working environment to anyone.

Pros

friendly working environment

Disappointing!

I wouldn't recommend working at Corbrook Court. Where to even begin...The manager acts if they want people to fail. Constant undermining and interfering in the day to day running of the kitchen. No respect for staff and constantly bringing down morale. Having worked in the kitchen alongside numerous young, enthusiastic people I grew increasingly concerned at how little respect the manager showed towards growth and new initiatives they offer. The staff turnover at Corbrook is absolutely incredible, I would say 2-3 months is the average anyone stays. It's incredibly difficult to get consistency when you have a revolving door. In conclusion, if you want to be over worked and under appreciated whilst the management ponder what they'd like you to cook for them at lunch, this is the job for you! If you value your self respect and mental health then I'd strongly advise you to stay away.

Pros

Kitchen team atmosphere, Residents

Cons

Poor management

Not appreciated

This use to be a lovely company to work for, but the management has changed and they are more interested in how pretty the place looks than, looking after the residents and staff.

Caring work culture with residents at the heart of our everyday

As an employee at Morris care you really feel part of the family! Our residents are at the heart of our working day with our experienced managers, nurses, carers and home support team ensuring all residents wishes are met with dignity, respect and care. Benefits include generous rates of pay and holiday, your birthday as additional day off and a refer a friend scheme. A rewarding environment with fantastic residents and colleagues with a real scope to achieve your potential.

Supportive family business. Great place to work.

I've worked with the team on and off for more than ten years - I even left and came back as I missed them so much. Standards are high and we are expected to work hard, but that creates a motivated team spirit - we all just want to do out best.

Pros

Pension and employee discount scheme

Good compensation

Lovely company to work for and quite flexible. The staffs are supportive at some homes. Good pay and good benefits. The management, however, is not so good. Poor communication between manager and staff.

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, lovely staffs

Cons

Communication skills of management is not so good.

A relaxed and friendly environment

I started working for morris care when I was 18 as a carer. 18 years later I'm still there and still loving it. They have supported me to progress and work my way up within the company. Like any work place you have days where things can be challenging but that's what makes us stonger as a team. Management are always supportive and always there to guild you. My co workers work well as a team and always come together to help each other. It's a fun place to work and very rewarding. I couldn't see myself working anywhere else.

Pros

Paid birthday day off Paid breaks

Residents are not put first. Toxic work environment. Not enough staff members to complete basic needs of residents.

Over worked, underpaid and not appreciated. Hardest part of leaving was leaving the residents.I would never recommend anyone to work there let alone send family members there.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Treat staff awful

Regimental and such an outdated company. Treat staff like dirt and no respect. Very clicky company , will not take advice from people with knowledge.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, bullying and totally disrespectful

At the time of working for Morris Care, I honestly couldnt say anything that impressed me much.

Poor place to work, can't keep staff and have a high turn over, Morris traat their staff badly. They, themselves need to work on interviews and need to make sure there are better working conditions, I was treated very badly, undermined by management and found there to be little or no support. At the time I had finished college with a level 3 in health and they wouldnt pay me, so I sort to find out a level 2 in care equivalent, which they wouldn't pay either in case we left, no ability to move up or educate their staff. A lot of rota changes without notifying staff and then blaming staff members, resulting in taking photos of the rota as proof. Under staffed a lot, very clicky place, ensuring that people who are in the click have more time on breaks and lighter pick of the work.

Pros

The residents were fab.

Cons

Long hours, lack of decent pay, humiliation by senior staff, understaffed, rota changes with no notifications, guilt tripped if you had days off.

Productive and fast paced

From the first interviewing stage I think it was very welcoming and the training and induction process was very good and once in the job as long as you are a caring, compassionate and empathetic carer you will continue to progress if you should wish to do so

Pros

Good management

Cons

Can’t think of any

Stressful and no appreciation

Terrible management, stressful job due to staffing levels and work load with no support off management just negative comments and belittling, heartbroken i had to leave in the end

Pros

Working with the residents and getting to know their families

Cons

No support from management

Great Atmosphere!!

I have worked at Corbrook Park in Audlem since last December and was made to feel welcome straight away by both the Management Team and the lovely Care Staff. Everybody works really hard, but there is a lovely atmosphere which makes working there a real pleasure.Both the Manager and Deputy Manager are very easy to get on with and are always happy to help if you need them.

Pros

Lovely staff & atmosphere

Cons

Very busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Morris Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement