MORRISON & FOERSTER logo

MORRISON & FOERSTER Culture reviews

Clear
Work-life balance

great place to work

Staff is treated well. The Attorneys I worked with were top notch. Enjoyed the cross office team work culture. Clients were amazing and cutting edge in all industries.

Pros

cross office collaboration

Cons

not sure if they still assisted with monthly parking cost

Fast-Paced, but Fun, Too!

One of the best places to work with very interesting clients. World-class attorneys. Incredibly fast-paced, but also lots of employee recognition and great culture.

High volume of workload and impractical expectations

Very stressful work environment. If you like to work long hours with unreasonable demands daily placed on you, then this is the place to work. The culture here is to care about the staffs well being, and work life balance on surface. However the work life balance is non-existent. Working here would be similar to working in a factory. Expected to produce, produce, produce no matter the cost to ones health or well being. I would not recommend a friend to work here only a enemy since both create turmoil .

Pros

Free donuts, bagels, muffin, fruit on Fridays

Cons

Overwhelmed, work overload

Progressive and Fun Environment

I really enjoyed my time working at MoFo as a legal secretary. I worked in downtown San Francisco. Everyone was very professional and nice. There was always a lot of work to do.

Pros

Very competitive pay structure

Cons

Tough commute

just as expected

Big international law firm. Culture and environment fit accordingly -- very long hours and intense environment, but pay is pretty good. Worth doing for a few years.

Working at Mofo was fun and very Demanding

I have great memories working for Mofo. The group of docket people we had became great friends. Work was very demanding but also was nice to work hard and them realize your day had ended you worked so hard.

Pros

location. Palo Alo Sq.

Cons

Salary was low

I was a six month contract employee

I was a six month contract employee, but during my time there, all members of the team I was working with were true professionals and a great to work with. If you were looking for a great place to work, I would highly recommend working at Morrison & Foerster.

Pros

Great staff, great working environment; and a great location in New York City.

Cons

None really come to mind

Great Place to Work!

My typical day involves supporting 7 attorneys each day by performing all kinds of secretarial tasks, from answering phones and distributing mail, making restaurant reservations and planning travel, processing expense reports, and preparing client billing to drafting and editing correspondence and large corporate documents. We are always offered training programs on various software and programs that the firm uses and have an on-site help desk to assist with any questions we might have. Management cares about all the employees and the workplace culture is strict but fun. My opinion is valued and I am treated with respect. We are offered tickets to events, we have monthly birthday parties, we celebrate new employees and have going away parties for people leaving. I really don't feel there is a hard part of my job -- I love it and I love being busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is being free to do my job without someone micromanaging me. No one watches over me. I am trusted and respected.

Pros

Stocked kitchen, with soup, fruit, candy, soda, juice, etc.

Cons

No cons

Patent paralegal

Poor management and vision. Constant turnover and instability. Bad culture and leadership. Laid back environment. staff feel isolated and no collaboration. Heavy workloads for low pay.

Diverse culture, great people to work with, respectful, knowledgeable and very helpful. Management is always available to answer questions or offer guidance. Everyone works as a team in order to provide the best service to our clientele.

Pros

Departmental events

Jobs at MORRISON & FOERSTER

See more jobs

Great Firm, Difficult to Advance Within

A typical day at work is not easily defined. Challenges arise constantly that could very well be different than what you worked on the day before. Everyone wants their work done first, which can provide certain challenges all its own in the category of proper prioritization of tasks - however, MoFo is not unique in this challenge. I learned to work faster and smarter, to communicate and how to communicate more effectively and how to anticipate needs, as well as some of the more subtle ins and outs of office politics. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the perceptions of certain attorneys and management and the "elephant-like" memories of certain attorneys when mistakes were made. Hard to recover from. The most enjoyable part of the job were the challenges provided and the people. Fun environment for the most part (when attorney stress was manageable), and the attorneys do care about their support staff.

Very professional friendly place.

MOFO has a very professional culture and provides a great first impression to anyone who walks into their building. The attorneys are the best at what they do and the admin staff was always friendly and approachable.

A pleasant place to work

I worked here as a freelance Japanese translator. At the time I worked here, I found the work culture to be pleasant and conducive to an effective work product.

Not Messing Around

MoFo is a great place to work but is also competitive and extremely fast paced. They expect employees to work upwards of 45 hours minimum a week. However, once at work it can feel very relaxed. managers are not micromanaging and your team is likely to be self-sufficient.

Great place to work at.

This is a company that is really helping people every single day and it's exciting to be part of it. The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked.

Review of Morrison & Foerster LLP

This law firm's San Francisco office is a very diverse place to work. I offered IT Training and support to staff and attorneys. I enjoyed working in a team environment where we all supported each other to successfully complete projects and keep up with daily requirements.

Morrison & Foerster is a top-tier law firm that's a great place to work at.

MoFo, as it is affectionately called, by its employees (and most likely otheres who know the firm) is an okay place to work at. It is incredibly competitive, though it depends on which department you work for. It all depends on whether or not you work as a contractor or not. I personally was a contractor. The experience was great for me as I wanted to have some sort of experience in the legal field, but I don't believe that the pay was enough for the job we were doing.

Pros

Great place for experience in the legal field

Cons

Almost nothing

Intense Workplace

It is a very intense workplace with constant deadlines on all positions. I learned nothing that I did not already know when I came to the position. The culture is negative. Hostility, rudeness, and abuse are a regular occurrence. There is a constant level of stress from all interactions with very few exceptions. The positives are a few remarkable people who make interactions worthwhile and exceptional pay. The negatives are the constant intensity and general disregard of employees who are not lawyers.

Best firm I ever worked at. I was a temp. The culture and people are fantastic.

Great firm. People and culture are phenomenal. I was a temp there. Would love a permanent​ job there. I would never leave. The experience was excellent learned new programs and they have state of the art equipment and IT is fantastic if you have questions

Pros

All great

Cons

No cons

Friendly environment whereby you will learn and be cross trained on a regular basis. The culture promotes a learning environment and it is encouraged.

Great innovated firm on the cutting edge!

I love working at the firm!!! The software was up to date and the staff was fun and very friendly. The firm does a lot for the staff and the Partners are very nice.

Pros

The staff is great and they give free breakfast every Firday

Cons

The struggle between offices to who will make decision sometime puts the staff in the middle.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MORRISON & FOERSTER. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement