MORRISON & FOERSTER

MORRISON & FOERSTER Job security & advancement reviews

Great benefits. Many opportunities to learn. Work is good depending on who you work for and what department. Lots of favoritism.Opportunities are available to work on pro. bono matters.
Pros
Weekly social hour
Cons
Micromanaging
I would NEVER recommend anyone work for this firm. Associate crossed line regarding physical treatment of staff and partners as well as Human Resources passed it off as "that's just him" and did nothing to resolve the situation.
The work is good (typical big law work) and the work/life balance is pretty great in comparison with other places but the partners can be very hot/cold. Many of them are social but will work to sabotage your career when they are stressed/having a bad day. It was difficult to connect with partners and they are not invested in associates.
Pros
Salary (Market); Work/Life Balance
Cons
Most partners are very moody and do not care about associate development
I learned a lot not knowing Elite application being user friendly. My experience at previous law firm help me contribute to the company's needs and expectation. My controller and staff are helpful and friendly .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
short breaks
One of the best places to work with very interesting clients. World-class attorneys. Incredibly fast-paced, but also lots of employee recognition and great culture.
Generally had a good experience. Worked as a temp worker, management needs some work, but overall not bad for a law firm..................................
I loved working in the Los Angeles Office. The Patent Manager is very good at her job. Fair and straight forward. Very well organized with procedures in place. There was no doubt as to what needed to be done and how it was to be done.
If you are lucky to work for the right leadership there is a great career opportunity! The company is progressive and value input to solve problems.
I was extremely excited about this opportunity, however the job I was hired for never came to be and I was left in a 'pool' setting, which I was clear about not wanting to participate in. I gave the position several months with no improvement so unfortunately had to move on.
I really enjoyed my time working at MoFo as a legal secretary. I worked in downtown San Francisco. Everyone was very professional and nice. There was always a lot of work to do.
Pros
Very competitive pay structure
Cons
Tough commute
Big international law firm. Culture and environment fit accordingly -- very long hours and intense environment, but pay is pretty good. Worth doing for a few years.
From the moment I started here a patent assistant, management made it a goal for me to grow within the company. My time here has been absolutely enjoyable.
Pros
Onsite gym
Cons
Commute
The Denver office reduced the litigators to 4. I was told I would be working in the corporate department, and did not wan to do so, so I looked for another job. I found a place at WTO.
Pros
MoFo is a giant in the legal field.
Cons
Little to do
I was a six month contract employee, but during my time there, all members of the team I was working with were true professionals and a great to work with. If you were looking for a great place to work, I would highly recommend working at Morrison & Foerster.
Pros
Great staff, great working environment; and a great location in New York City.
Cons
None really come to mind
The work environment is very stressful and the staff is not treated like part of a team. The communication between the attorneys and staff is poor. It is difficult to have a good work-life balance. They do have good benefits
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
poor team environment
I worked here as a freelance Japanese translator. At the time I worked here, I found the work culture to be pleasant and conducive to an effective work product.
Dealing with attorneys can be very challenging to say the least, so this position was full of opportunities to learn and grow for my entire team and myself.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Cto
Excellent management, Good working conditions, worklife balance, Not a big organisation but good for the freshers, few learning opportunities, limited work
Pros
Good management
Cons
Less growth and learning
Different day, different target, while still being held accountable for completion on previous targets you were told not to complete and shift direction away from. No interest in evolving or moving forward, learning, growing, or securing when it comes to action, but certainly on board with the words stating these as interests.
Pros
Pay is okay, benefits are relatively good
Cons
Everything else
I learned a lot working here and was able to build my experience and practical knowledge within the company. I was always met with positive attitudes and individuals willing to train me.
MoFo, as it is affectionately called, by its employees (and most likely otheres who know the firm) is an okay place to work at. It is incredibly competitive, though it depends on which department you work for. It all depends on whether or not you work as a contractor or not. I personally was a contractor. The experience was great for me as I wanted to have some sort of experience in the legal field, but I don't believe that the pay was enough for the job we were doing.
Pros
Great place for experience in the legal field
Cons
Almost nothing