MORRISON & FOERSTER

MORRISON & FOERSTER Management reviews

Ok environment . Bureaucracy. Condescending at times. Attorneys that have entitlement issues. Admin kisses a lot of butt to survive. You get paid well though.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Just a number
I would NEVER recommend anyone work for this firm. Associate crossed line regarding physical treatment of staff and partners as well as Human Resources passed it off as "that's just him" and did nothing to resolve the situation.
Because of the lack of diversity, HR couldn't figure out how to management employee conflicts. This is my review. Don't work here if you can avoid it. It's not diverse enough. Management sucks.
Pros
My dept was great
Cons
HR sucks
I would not recommend; Unreasonable expectations; no staff appreciation; management has no previous law firm experience and have no idea what they are doing
Generally had a good experience. Worked as a temp worker, management needs some work, but overall not bad for a law firm..................................
Administration is horribly inept and is out of touch with the rest of staff concerns. They just seem to prioritize “brown-nosing” managing partners. They also seem to attract bullies.
Very stressful work environment. If you like to work long hours with unreasonable demands daily placed on you, then this is the place to work. The culture here is to care about the staffs well being, and work life balance on surface. However the work life balance is non-existent. Working here would be similar to working in a factory. Expected to produce, produce, produce no matter the cost to ones health or well being. I would not recommend a friend to work here only a enemy since both create turmoil .
Pros
Free donuts, bagels, muffin, fruit on Fridays
Cons
Overwhelmed, work overload
Did not like the people there. They had an odd was of doing business. The senior partner I worked for was a micro-manager; not just to me but for all employees who worked under her. Nobody could make a single step forward unless they had a meeting with her and discussed their strategy. She was very difficult to work for and expected me to be able to read her mind.
From the moment I started here a patent assistant, management made it a goal for me to grow within the company. My time here has been absolutely enjoyable.
Pros
Onsite gym
Cons
Commute
My typical day involves supporting 7 attorneys each day by performing all kinds of secretarial tasks, from answering phones and distributing mail, making restaurant reservations and planning travel, processing expense reports, and preparing client billing to drafting and editing correspondence and large corporate documents. We are always offered training programs on various software and programs that the firm uses and have an on-site help desk to assist with any questions we might have. Management cares about all the employees and the workplace culture is strict but fun. My opinion is valued and I am treated with respect. We are offered tickets to events, we have monthly birthday parties, we celebrate new employees and have going away parties for people leaving. I really don't feel there is a hard part of my job -- I love it and I love being busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is being free to do my job without someone micromanaging me. No one watches over me. I am trusted and respected.
Pros
Stocked kitchen, with soup, fruit, candy, soda, juice, etc.
Cons
No cons
Poor management and vision. Constant turnover and instability. Bad culture and leadership. Laid back environment. staff feel isolated and no collaboration. Heavy workloads for low pay.
Diverse culture, great people to work with, respectful, knowledgeable and very helpful. Management is always available to answer questions or offer guidance. Everyone works as a team in order to provide the best service to our clientele.
Pros
Departmental events
A typical day at work is not easily defined. Challenges arise constantly that could very well be different than what you worked on the day before. Everyone wants their work done first, which can provide certain challenges all its own in the category of proper prioritization of tasks - however, MoFo is not unique in this challenge. I learned to work faster and smarter, to communicate and how to communicate more effectively and how to anticipate needs, as well as some of the more subtle ins and outs of office politics. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the perceptions of certain attorneys and management and the "elephant-like" memories of certain attorneys when mistakes were made. Hard to recover from. The most enjoyable part of the job were the challenges provided and the people. Fun environment for the most part (when attorney stress was manageable), and the attorneys do care about their support staff.
MoFo WAS a great place to work for staff once, but that has changed greatly in recent years. Micro-management has become the norm, and respect is greatly lacking. They advertise flexible work schedules for the attorneys, but the staff will never receive a flexible work schedule. Think hard before coming here.
Pros
Doughnut Friday, good pay
Cons
Micro-management of staff; no respect for job well done. Little appreciation. Low morale among staff
The CFO treated everybody the way he wanted to be treated, great person to work with. But don't get me wrong, when work had to get done, he could push.
Pros
Cfo
Cons
Lack movement
Excellent management, Good working conditions, worklife balance, Not a big organisation but good for the freshers, few learning opportunities, limited work
Pros
Good management
Cons
Less growth and learning
Almost too hands-off at times, was not a good fit for me, but it is definitely a good environment for some. Management and delegation could be better, but it was not a bad place to work.
It is a very intense workplace with constant deadlines on all positions. I learned nothing that I did not already know when I came to the position. The culture is negative. Hostility, rudeness, and abuse are a regular occurrence. There is a constant level of stress from all interactions with very few exceptions. The positives are a few remarkable people who make interactions worthwhile and exceptional pay. The negatives are the constant intensity and general disregard of employees who are not lawyers.
Not a good place to work. They still try to work under their past reputation, but that reputation does not hold up today. They need to hire qualified managers. They have managers that fall short. They are no longer the top in the legal world.
Cons
New Patent Agent treats others in an inferior manner
Professional management and co-workers team setting support. Making sure to help more than one person at one time when usually it was about being very accurate filing and setting cubicles at a fast paste, I enjoyed reaching everybody's needs.
Cons
Breaks when needed
Working at MoFo was enjoyable in the sense that everyone kept their heads down and did their jobs. My manager was very hands-off and allowed me to make decisions on my own as long as they benefited the office. Every day was structured and scheduled. Knowing what I was going to do and when, was a reason why the job was enjoyable. The more prepared I was with my schedule, the more likely I was able to react to any new issues and/or situations that would be out of the ordinary. I learned most of my time management and schedule setting here at MoFo. My co-workers were hard-workers who kept their heads down and did their jobs. Because of this office culture, they paid little attention to the intricacies of office management that I relished. I enjoyed how my manager allowed me to make the position my own and make necessary decisions to keep the office flowing in a productive manner. The hardest part of my job was keeping up with the maintenance of the office. Keeping on my toes and being several steps ahead of the curve, I was able to keep the office morale up by making sure the employees had little to worry about as far as the office upkeep was concerned.
Pros
set schedule and hands-free manager
Cons
high maintenance employees