MORRISON & FOERSTER logo

Clear
Work-life balance
Pay & benefits

Generous Benefits +

Great benefits. Many opportunities to learn. Work is good depending on who you work for and what department. Lots of favoritism.Opportunities are available to work on pro. bono matters.

Pros

Weekly social hour

Cons

Micromanaging

Passive Agressive Partners

The work is good (typical big law work) and the work/life balance is pretty great in comparison with other places but the partners can be very hot/cold. Many of them are social but will work to sabotage your career when they are stressed/having a bad day. It was difficult to connect with partners and they are not invested in associates.

Pros

Salary (Market); Work/Life Balance

Cons

Most partners are very moody and do not care about associate development

Productive Fun place to work at

The company has a very diverse community with employees from different backgrounds. They make sure everyone has a smooth transition and that they feel welcomed.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

short breaks

Very structured, with excellent benefits

My day to day looks was very structured with a clearly defined role. All the people were very friendly and inclusive. The benefits were extremely generous.

Pros

Regular schedule

Cons

Very high standards

just as expected

Big international law firm. Culture and environment fit accordingly -- very long hours and intense environment, but pay is pretty good. Worth doing for a few years.

Working at Mofo was fun and very Demanding

I have great memories working for Mofo. The group of docket people we had became great friends. Work was very demanding but also was nice to work hard and them realize your day had ended you worked so hard.

Pros

location. Palo Alo Sq.

Cons

Salary was low

Staff Unappreciated

The work environment is very stressful and the staff is not treated like part of a team. The communication between the attorneys and staff is poor. It is difficult to have a good work-life balance. They do have good benefits

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

poor team environment

Great for attorneys... not so much for staff

MoFo WAS a great place to work for staff once, but that has changed greatly in recent years. Micro-management has become the norm, and respect is greatly lacking. They advertise flexible work schedules for the attorneys, but the staff will never receive a flexible work schedule. Think hard before coming here.

Pros

Doughnut Friday, good pay

Cons

Micro-management of staff; no respect for job well done. Little appreciation. Low morale among staff

Very busy firm...

Although this is a high profile firm they are great to their staff. Provide excellent salaries, great benefits, bonuses and many staff related functions. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this firm to anyone.

Busy

Dealing with attorneys can be very challenging to say the least, so this position was full of opportunities to learn and grow for my entire team and myself.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Cto

Jobs at MORRISON & FOERSTER

See more jobs

People who want you to succeed

Genuine leaders, and interdepartmental relationships. Leaders and managers are excellent listeners and make time for everyone. Wonderful benefits, mid-level compensation.

Pros

Being accepted for who you are, every day

Cons

There might be a person or two who don't get along like besties, but who cares?

Backwards moving targets

Different day, different target, while still being held accountable for completion on previous targets you were told not to complete and shift direction away from. No interest in evolving or moving forward, learning, growing, or securing when it comes to action, but certainly on board with the words stating these as interests.

Pros

Pay is okay, benefits are relatively good

Cons

Everything else

Local headquarter firm

I was an environmental law specialist, my undergraduate field of study, so felt very validated in my work. A liberal work environment, and the headquarter office. Large library staff of interesting people.

Pros

Intersting pro bono work, Free lunches, location

Cons

Relatively low compensation.

An engaging place to work

They train the new hires quickly and thoroughly. The hours are long, which allows an employee to learn the job in a short amount of time and to move into various roles. The attorneys give the paralegals interesting work and lots of responsibility. It's a fun place for anyone who is ready to "live where they work."

Pros

Excellent overtime pay!

Cons

Some people get shocked by the hours.

Take away from Staff

Every penny to develop staff is taken away in order to give more to Revenue generators. Long term staff bonuses, incentives and retirement benefits have been eliminated in the last 5 years. There is zero to a 1% growth opportunity.

Cons

low incentives

Legal Secretary at Morrison & Foerster LLP

Morrison & Foerster is one of the largest and well-respected corporate legal firm in the world. I very much enjoyed being part of an amazing group of intelligent women and men at all levels. A typical day would consist of a lot of work. We are a very client-oriented firm and although there was always much laughing in the hallways, work was the priority. In rhw 26 years that I worked that, I learned everything I now know aobut being a legal secretary, a trusted assistant, loyalty, humility and friendship. The hardest part was the amount of work. Understanding different points of view on the same project. Keeping calm and following through. Dealing with all of the local rules for all of the different courts and making sure that all work was done following standards of the firm and the court system. We did have monthly parties for staff and attorneys, snacks and alcohol at 5:30. We had weekly events for a month regarding diversity, gay pride month, black, history month, etc, with guest speakers..

Pros

Relaxed and fun envirnment, great benefits and training

Cons

long hours, stressful projects

Productive, fast paced, deadline oriented.

I enjoyed working at Morrison & Foerster as management are extremely nice, but mostly because of their foresight to see a persons abilities and strengths, and help them move in the direction that will work best for both them and the company. I enjoyed creating training documents and problem solving, aswell as learing Elite and other systems. The hardest part of the job would be the heavy work load and deadlines, but I prefer a heavy work load and to be kept constantly busy.

Pros

yearly bonus and raise on salary

Cons

often work through lunch at my desk

Morrison & Foerster is a great place to work. The pay and the benefits are good