Moto Hospitality Ltd

Moto Hospitality Ltd Employee Reviews

What can I say.. it couldn't be that bad to spend 15 years there? I seemed a popular member of staff so never had any trouble really, but not everyone had an easy ride. Management- had some great ones throughout the years, had more faith in the GMs than the unit managers, especially a new one that run WHS the year before I left, nothing but a two faced bully and liar.Culture- it's all about money at the end of the day, if you're not scared of hard work and long hours.. which was the norm to me, you'd suit this job.. although I won't lie, since leaving and doing something completely different I do wonder why I stayed so long!! But then I remember.. the staff. Some truly great people over the years. Great memories.. for the most part who pull together when it's (regularly) understaffed
Pros
Flexible, job security
Cons
Unpaid overtime once management, can b
Good company to work for.Found them helpful with regards to hours of working - my availability.Can be very busy at times, need comfortable footwear as you standing for the whole shift.
Pros
Good discount on certain items
Cons
Always extra shifts if wanted
Worked there for many years at Southwaite. I didn’t realise how bad it was until I left and saw that isn’t how you are normally treated in a workplace. I saw people get sacked for the stupidest of reasons e.g missing a signature a couple of times.I often cried at work and when I got home because I was so overworked and got no help. The only departments that had enough staff were Greggs, Costa & M&S. Avoid all others if possible. There was constantly new staff as people don’t last long there - even the managers.I think that speaks for itself for how bad it is there. Rats were an issue for many years, so be careful at night when crossing the bridge (or even during the day for that matter).While I still worked there many people who had left told me to leave as it was the best thing they’d ever done and it’s true. I’ve never been happier.
Pros
Discount card for meals
Cons
Bad management, stressful workplace, given unreasonable amount of jobs, you often get no help
I really enjoyed work in costa. There was a very friendly team. Manager was also very helpful. I loved to make coffee, I learned a lot during my time over There.Most of the people from whole heston East service are very lovely and helpful.. 🤗
This company has been changing over last 18 months and is now a people first business. Great investment in its people who really care. With strong values built into this company it really is a joy to work for! Make it your next career step in hospitality
management did very little to help me knowing full well i was struggling with anxiety, this was probably because we was very under staffed due to the fact the managers didn't care
Pros
Massive discounts
Cons
long hours, constantly asked to work more than 7 days, massively underappreciated
the only best thing was the discount card other than that S H I T dont work there long hours if somebody dont turn up for there shIFT
Pros
discount card
Unsociable long hours, little to no support, moto have their own law when it comes to their employees. Senior management team are a joke, only speaking to management on every unit, ignoring the customer service level staff.
Cons
Higher management are unprofessional and abuse their power. Work culture is rubbish. Colleagues are the only thing that get you through the day. Work place needs higher management reform. Terrible. If you aren't treated with respect you won't get it back.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
The hardest part of the job was having to deal with customers who were difficult and looking for trouble, usually drunks. Perks of the job included free meals/drinks.
Pros
Free meal at break times.
Cons
Hectic, and stressful.
I worked nights for 8 years, seen many different managers come and go. I liked talking to the drivers that came in, and some of them would come and see you even if they didn't need to stop. The only bad thing was that there was no supervisor on shift to cover if the next shift dont turn up so you had to stay.
Pros
Staff discounts
Cons
Working alone, for 8 hour shift
Bull tactics, long hours. Stressful. Management horrible. Rubbish salary. Place is a joke. Don’t appreciate hard work. You have to be desperate to work for this company.
Pros
Cons
As above.
I hated every second of my job here. I was treated like a child and disrespected. When the mangers ring you on your day off and ask you to work and you refuse then they will give you all the awful shifts because its all for the needs of the business. I worked here for 2 years and when I left I was no longer stressed. I was bullied by assistant managers and managers. They will make you work a late too early without the correct amount of hours between your shifts. The services are never clean and the customers always mention no soap in the customer toilets, but there is never any in the staff toilets either. Meaning hygiene is none existent. I have seen rats inside the services where costa staff had to chase them out. The only way you will get ahead in this company is by being best friends with the management and if you are not then expect to be spoken to like you are nothing. I hated every second here because of the way I was being treated by the higher management. Constantly overworked while management smoked in the back and would have 100 brews breaks a day. I have been shouted at by the managers and was made to feel embarrassed. I tried my best at this company but you are constantly belittled and treated badly that then drives you out of the company to seek a better job. I wish I could get my 2 years back because it was wasted with this awful company. DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
Going home
Cons
everything but mostly the mangers.
Moto, are the definition of stress. Management is awful, and think highly of themselves. No consideration for employees circumstances outside of work. You'd think customers would be the worst part of a motorway services, nope, the managers and staff are the worst. Back stabbing, hygeine, stealing, lack of respect within the buildings and departments. Moto, is a horrible experience to go through, and is not worth anyone's time.
Pros
Going home.
Cons
None at all.
After working for moto for 3 years i would highly recommend people STAY AWAY! Over worked and under paid. The managers of all units are corrupt and sly they all work together! There is no appreciation for people when they go above and beyond. They make you empty big bins and scrub toilets ,then go and serve greggs food in the same uniform! They never want to pay you what they owe either. It is a place full of bullies and i dont mean staff they are a delight. Just the managers.
I've worked for Moto Hospitality for almost 2 years now. I have always been very content with the working environment. I really like everyone I work with and everyone works well as a team (I appreciate this could vary a lot depending on the site you work at). It's really nice to see the massive changes that Moto Hospitality has gone through recently. For example, developing new company values, centralising all staff resources and reducing the paperwork for managers (there used to be SO MUCH paperwork). I have also experienced really good opportunities to progress, with a lot of internal and external support. Overall, I cant say its perfect. There is always room for improvement (for example I would like more a work/life balance, but I do accept that the nature of the Hospitality sector means we can't always expect this). But I must say, Moto Hospitality is much better than previous companies I have worked for and I think they are only improving at this point.
Not a lot of support from management and under staffed most of time, if you work in retail thren dont expect breaks or time off. They set standards very low and except poor staff performance.
Alot of bullying goes on. Business needs very high priority. Forced into working nights and long shifts to cover staff shortages. High turn over of staff. Expected to start early/finish late to hand over shifts but not paid for it. Dirty area for staff to take breaks in. Lots of rats around. Overnight safety of staff not provided
16 March 2020
Hi,Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback and I apologise that your expectations weren't met.We take allegations of bullying extremely seriously and this is not tolerated at any level within Moto. The safety and wellbeing of all of our colleagues is of paramount importance including overnight security, pest control and also our significant investment in colleague facilities which will take place this year.I'd like to offer our HR helpline out as a way of raising and discussing this allegations you have made as we take them extremely seriously. If you wish to disclose this information, please do so on 01525 878454 where one of our advisors will be more than happy to speak to you about your concerns.Thank you again for taking the time to leave us feedback and I wish you all the best for the future.Kind RegardsJack - HR
Awful to work for, other employees make the job bearable but the management is the worst I have ever seen. Working here genuinely made me contemplate my will to live and few times and the way head office is seen as better than everyone else is disgusting. DO NOT RECOMMEND.
Pros
Decent discount, but it’s because everything, is so expensive anyways so you jus pay what you should be paying
16 March 2020
Hi,Thank you for your feedback and I'm sorry things weren't to your expectations.We are working to embed some core values and behaviours within the Moto family that are really important to us and our colleagues, some of those are to 'do the right thing' and 'give back' to our colleagues and customers. Our management are key to listening and incorporating the needs of our front line colleagues into what we do as a business, helping to maintain an open and supportive environment for our colleagues.We are also working to more closely align our Central Support services to the needs of each our fantastic colleagues and the sites they work at.Thank you once again for taking the time to review us and all the best with the future.RegardsJack - HR
No two days are the same working at Moto! Management and co-workers provide for an easy and helpful initiation to the working environment of a service station.
16 March 2020
Hi,Thank you for your recent comments of your time at Moto Chieveley. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback, it's all incredibly helpful to make us an even better place to work!Kind RegardsJack - HR
No training is gives so be prepared to learn everything without help.Most of them don't like new people so don't expect too much.Pay is good but you really have to work for it as sometimes it is really busy.Good staff and partner discount card,good prices.
16 March 2020
Hi,Thank you for your recent review of your time so far at Chieveley.We really appreciate the feedback you've given us and I'm sorry to hear you have some concerns.Please be assured that each of our brands have thorough and detailed training plans which should be put into place by the unit manager. One of our key commitments is to make moto a great place to work and this starts by investing our time and talent into our people.If you have any immediate concerns please don't be hesitant to raise them to your line manager. I'll pass your feedback onto the Area General Manager for review.Thanks once again for taking the time, we really appreciate it!Kind RegardsJack - HR