Moto Hospitality Ltd
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

Moto Hospitality Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom262 reviews

discountcostasitewhilstunitprogressionshiftbully

Never enough staff; higher management are awful

I enjoyed the job for a bit until cracks started to show. There are never enough staff needed in order to get everything done that is expected. Low contracted hours with no chance of getting more. Management couldn’t care less about employee well-being.

Stressful

Management isn’t the best, could be improved! Managers don’t seem to care about the employees as much as they do with the customers! Very understaffed so gets stressful at times such as when u have 40-50 people order and only 3 people working.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Underpaid

Insights into Moto Hospitality Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Good but stressful

I have enjoyed my time in Moto , good managers and nice teammates . Also, you can enjoy up to 60% staff discount .However, it is always busy and no stop queue. You will be on feet for long hours . Also , it is almost a remote area if you don’t have a car you have to walk 15 mins to the bus station and wait for a once per hour bus to pickup.

Good first job

It’s good if your young as you get paid the same as everyone, it can get really busy and stressful, the management and team leaders rarely show at weekends and sometimes the whole place is ran by people 16-18, team leaders watch the cctv all the time even if no problems occurred during the shift they just like to watch us work..? Team leaders are not reliable and management are rude and expect you to drop everything to fill gaps.

Fun but busy place to work

Mostly young staff so working there can be a good laugh, but during peak times/periods can be very demanding and busy. Management do their best but can only do so much

Good for a bit of extra cash

Unpaid breaks and you get a discount on lunch. Staff benefits are good 60% off in some departments but work is fun can be a bit stressful sometimes as expected though. Rate of pay for under 18 is quite low.

Has its ups and downs

Most of the time it's a nice job and all my colleagues and managers are nice people with the pay higher then average, but they're a lot more negatives do the job such as no sercruity and being on your own with no managers or supervisors and being left in charge when you have 0 experience and dont know what to do. Also loads of rats and have never met whoevers in charge. Over all its a nice easy job as long as there's no problems but wouldn't stay at this company for the long term.

Pros

Nice work colleagues

Cons

Organisation, Management

A place that will effect you mentally

Worked here for a few years, my pay has always bounced up and down with zero stability. asking for more hours is out the question but them taking away contract hours is.Alot of drama and comments behind peoples back.

Pros

Rather easy job, get to met a lot of colourful people

Cons

Its emotional crippling, there no advancements or achievements. Mostly feel like a drone/robot and repeat.

Loved it. Boss was amazing

Obviously you get your usual 1 or 2 slackers but that’s not at the fault of the company - for the most part all the staff, management are awesome. Really great to work for! The company are great and do their best. Really good core values

Pros

Discount, job expectations

Cons

Was far from my home & I have kids

Fast but fun

I’ve worked for moto for almost 7 years, it is fast paced and can be stressful but it’s also a great community! Everyone is there to help each other and work together as a team, regular training and site meetings to keep us informed about things happening within the company.

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Hot in the summer

Not a fun place to wirk

Kids work there eating on the job no decent management team sees a customer and everyone runs to the back hated working there even when you have the experience you get treated with no respect listening to inappropriate songs full blast

Not awful

The only cons I’d say there is is the work patterns aren’t the best , the Rita sometimes wasn’t ready the week it was needed and the way weekends off were always given to the same people. Holidays also weren’t approved until last minute. However moto as a company really do care about the mental health of their employees

Expected to do everything

Your a manager of a unit at site, but expected to be the sites duty manager on rotation, doing audit checks daily, chasing cleaners if there’s blocked toilets, dealing with gambling machine problems, all while trying to run your unit. Hours get cut back and they want you to run how the system predicts. Site operations manager only works mon - fri 9-3, even though busy periods are fri-sun, never does any lates.

There's a reason they have a huge staff turnover

Terrible place to work management tries to bully there staff no support from management what so ever the site manager constantly nit picks over silly things. If you have a family forget it because moto comes first. Just an all round sucky place to work the discount is the only good thing about that place and trust me it's not worth it

Pros

Discount

good workplace

really nice and supportive management, always very helpful. staff from other units are always ready to help you. good workplace to be at, good discount and pay.

Good

Good place to work. Decent management. Left to get on with work and not really hassled. Can get busy at times but mostly pretty quiet. Other staff are all nice

Cons

Good for work hard, play hard mentality

Have been with the company for around six months, and wanted to progress from day one. I was told, like most companies do, that they would support this, and for once they were telling the truth. Loads of training and development opportunities, and I’ll be moving up to department manager next month, so if you’re willing to put in the effort you really can progress with Moto.Like wise if you just want to be able to go to work, do your job with some amazing people, and go home, then you can do that too. There really is a feel of being one big team, and not an every unit for themselves feel, which I personally love. Add In the up-to 60% staff discount and you’d be mad not to work here.

Pros

Discount, flexible hours, career development, training, atmosphere

Cons

Locations mean having a car is almost a must to be able to get to work

I started this job to fit around my commitments of looking after my little girl. They've been very accommodating and given me shifts to work around this. The team and management are all very friendly too which helps a lot. The work isn't too hard and I get paid an ok wage for it. The only downside is occasionally you have very rude and difficult customers to deal with, but management will always have your back. Overall I'm happy.

Pros

Free coffee and tea at work and sometimes you get to take items of food home.

Cons

Some of the customers can be very difficult to deal with

Don't go there

Expected to be on call 24hours a day 365 days a year ,no support from SOM ,after almost 20 years loyal and successful employment I had enough and left

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Long hours, working days off never getting time back

Good company with bad apples

It's a good company to work for but then again there are some bad apples that slip through the cracks and end up staying, it's possible to move departments but very hard

Pros

Heavy statf discount, Good work culture

Cons

Called in often Bad staff Management is slow

Moto has the potential to be a great place to work however senior team members are stuck in old fashioned management styles.

Really enjoyed working with the team/staff, however communication from senior management & Head office was lacking always seemed to find out changes to the business after staff members and managers that were in a click. Like other jobs there was good and bad days, as covid hit and redundancies were made there was more bad days than good. Staff seemed to just be neglected from a welfare perspective. As mentioned also if your not part of the click, life in moto can be seen to be very difficult especially if its a full time job here, also alot of part time students who the majority of the time would call in sick or were always seen to be avoiding doing any additional work. In the summer unfortunately as its so busy you can say goodbye to any free time to yourself, unfortunately no work-life home-life balance especially for managers, great for those who like to keep very busy.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Long days/hours in summer, staff turnover is high, lack of communication at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Moto Hospitality Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Moto Hospitality Ltd with

• Moto Hospitality Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?