Motorpoint

Motorpoint Employee Reviews

Worked for Motorpoint for 5 Years, the company itself is excellent, but it depends on who your managers are, Birtley has a good set and is only brought down by individuals not pulling there weight. Expect to work weekends with plenty of opportunity for overtime.
Pros
Nights out, Company Discount, One Big Dream
Cons
Lack of Training Opportunity's, Wages are lower than they should be.
The team I worked with was amazing good family sprit,But the higher management don’t care about you one bit they make out they put staff first they don’t your just a number to them and they will replace you in a blink of a eye. Money for the amount of work and stress they put on you is a joke. You have to cancel your personal plans last min to work overtime. You can put all your hart into motorpoint work as hard as you can and in the end they just let you go don’t even ask why your leaving poor place to work.Feel so bad for the people who still work there.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor money stressful your just a number
Great people most of the time depending on the day of the week most people there where great others not so much take it as you see it there don’t expect to move up or go anywhere unless you kiss the right butt could of been great there just needs to look after the little guy a bit more and they might get somewhere.
Pros
Pizza occasionally
Cons
Management and stress levels
Great company to work for - really embody their core values and strive to build an inclusive culture. Not your traditional car sales place as always looking to adapt and improve to overcome. No pushy sales, no hard sell and really customer focussed.
Love working here, staff are nice, it’s fair and all staff are treated the same. If you need help with anything, other team members or managers will always help and you feel very comfortable to ask.
Pros
Lovely management and good environment
Cons
Was promised job progression and training opportunities but never had any. If your face doesn't fit you will get nowhere despite putting in the hard work. Managers will lie and tell you what they think you want to hear. Bonus will be taken away for no reason and basic wage is poor. Yard hands do the most work yet are treated like dirt and often threatened with disciplinery action even though they did everything that was asked of them and more.
Pros
Paid full pay while furloughed
Cons
Too many to list
8 November 2020
Thank you for your review. The current crisis has been a challenging and ever changing time for us all and we apologise if you feel that pay structures haven't been communicated. We are constantly benchmarking our salaries and benefits to ensure that we can make sure that we are competitive and listen to what our teams want so we can only apologies that you feel this way. We really do value open discussion but we appreciate that sometimes anonymous feedback is preferred by colleagues in certain situations. This is exactly why we have platforms like Indeed in place so that we are able to listen to feedback and take it all on board. Thank you for taking the time out speak to us all feedback is appreciate
It's as good as your management team wants it to be. For example if you request too much time off managers/superiors/team leaders will become overbearing but its just a misunderstanding good luck.
Pros
Occasionally you get a pizza
Cons
Stressful
8 November 2020
Thank you for your review. The current crisis has been a challenging and ever changing time for us and we are working together to get through. We encourage open communication through 121's with line managers and supervisors, also there are channels available through our EAP program for all our teams when things might get a bit too stressful as we appreciate this year hasn't been the norm.The reason we invest in platforms like Indeed to to allow our teams to be able to feedback anonymously to if this is the way they are more comfortable to do so. We appreciate your feedback and it is all taken on board
Over worked and under paid you work all the hours you can stressed is an understatement with the work load they put on you with and no thanks are given when you step up just avoid! They claim it's a great place to work buts it's all just a happy face till your in
Pros
Night out
18 October 2020
Thank you for your review. The current crisis has been a challenging and ever changing time but we are all getting through it together. We really do value open discussion but we appreciate that sometimes anonymous feedback is preferred by colleagues in certain situations. This is exactly why we have platforms like Indeedcin place so that we are able to listen to feedback and take it all on board. Thank you for taking the time out speak to us all feedback is appreciated
Its was Fine working here but i would never return Good thing about this work was when it was not busy You could go out for a smoke anytime you wanted to
8 November 2020
Thank you for your feedback all feedback we have is valued and taken on board
Full of backstabbers sack you at any opportunity no matter how much you have given to the company one mistake thats it bang out the door onto the next one turn over of staff is terrible would stongly advise against working for this company they are all about the profits and do not care about the staff
18 October 2020
Thank you for your review. First of all I would just like to say I’m really sorry you feel like this.We really do value open discussion but we appreciate that sometimes anonymous feedback is preferred by colleagues in certain situations either with the management team or the HR team. This is exactly why we have platforms like Indeed in place so that we are able to listen to feedback and take it all on board. Thank you for taking the time out speak to us all feedback is appreciated
My time at Motorpoint was without doubt one of the best seasons of my career and, although ended in an unexpected way, has allowed me the time to focus on what is valuable in life, and that is life. Thankyou team Motorpoint for all your support over the last three years.
Pros
Inclusive, Flexible, Supportive, A Happy Place
Cons
Very few
18 October 2020
Thank you so much for your feedback and also your contribution to the business while you were with us. Your feedback is what allows us to know what we are doing well so thank you.
Great place, great ethical company, fantastic approachable management and HR department, uncapped earnings potential with a very positive friendly atmosphere, very different to a dealership.
18 October 2020
Thank you for your great feedback. We pride ourselves on trying to break the negative perceptions of what it’s like to work in the motor industry so heating feeding like this is great to know we are getting it right but there’s always more to do and with our great people in our business and our brilliant culture we will only go from strength to strength.
Pay amount on job description was wrong as was the days of work. It explained “5 out of 7 days on a rota and some weekend work will be required” You are required to work EVERY weekend and is frowned upon to book weekends off as it is busiest then. You have a set 2 days to have off in the week and the hours are also set 11am-8pm in the week. Team work is half arsed and myself being work motivated found myself being walked over while others slacked.
2 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback. In the majority of our sites weekend working is essential and that is made clear at telephone screen stage as these are our busiest days but we do ensure that our team have two days off together in the week if that's what they prefer. Apologies you feel like you have had a bad experience if you would like to speak about it in more detail feel free to get in touch.
The stock and cars sold at Motorpoint and training given to enable you to perform your job to a top lvl. But the culture of your team members is a very dog-eat-dog mentality. staff members will steal your deals and aren't very helpful and pressure is on from the GM to keep your sales numbers high once training is complete.
worked here for a year. Good company benefits with regular reviews. However hard to progress within the group unless you live in the North of the country where the majority of branches are.
2 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback and its great to hear that you are having regular reviews. Please make sure you speak to your manager in your next review regarding your aspirations and development.
Great place to work. Company treat you well and is a friendly environment. I would buy a car from here as it is the cheapest in the UK. Learnt a lot here!
2 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback, its great to know that not only do you feel its a good and friendly environment but that you are learning too :)
Too many supervisors/ managers not enough workers, Very poor communication between team members and other departments. This pla e was a brilliant place to work and care about about the customers now just care about the number of car they sell and keep cutting the staff down therefore over working the staff lthat are left left
11 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you feel this way and would urge you to speak to your manager if you feel this is no longer a brilliant place to work as we wouldn't want any of our team to feel like this as you know the engagement of the team is really important to us and we want to work with you to make sure we remain a great place to work for you and everyone else. :)
Motorpoint was a fantastic company to work for, if you don’t mind working late and not getting paid, this would happen near enough every day, if a customer is late, and it’s not your fault, you’re made to suffer. rules should be changed to make customers aware they cannot be late, ruins social lives as you could never plan anything. No work/social balance There was an abundance of stress on my department, with no help given Customer service manager was absolutely fantastic and tried to help wherever she could, could not fault her at all Staff benefits were fantastic, quarterly nights out, treated to lunch every now and then Christmas do’s were great fun and you get an hour a month to do what you want (learn a new language, theatre etc) but was never approved because of lack of staff
11 March 2020
Feedback is something we really value and its something that is really important to us so thank you for feeding this back to us. However it is great to hear that you felt supported by your manager. If you would like to discuss any of this further please do get in touch with us and we would be more than happy to speak to you.
good place to make new friends as everyone is very approachable and is a typical place sales place - management are friendly also would recommend for friends and family to work here
11 March 2020
Thank you for your fantastic feedback #PROUD its great to know when we are doing it well :)
Motorpoint is a brilliant company to work for, they look after their staff very well hence why I have been here over 5 years! No two days are the same, which makes it an eventful but also challenging place to work. The company always promotes from within where possible, and provides many benefits for all staff.
Pros
Team/Site Social Events, Incentives, Approachable Management, Staff Togetherness, Opportunities to progress.
Cons
Hours (Weekend Work)
11 March 2020
What great feedback! The fact you have been part of the Motopoint team for 5 years shows that it is a great place to work. Promoting from within is something that is really important to us. Thank you for helping us to make Motorpoint a great place to work #DrivingDreams
Long hours short on understanding they are a family sort of business but outside that can be a little harder and some very important stuff gets brushed under the carpet for the better of the company
Pros
A job
Cons
Job can be lost at the drop of an hat
11 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback and We're sorry you feel this way. Our team engagement is something we take really seriously and we try to work really hard at on every level. If you want to speak to us about your experience in more detail please get in touch
  1. Employee reviews