Mott MacDonald

Mott MacDonald Employee Reviews

MM make a big deal about caring for their staff. In my experience, this is true. However,agency/contract workers aren't given the same respect at all. Really sad. I used to 'big up' MM because I enjoyed working there a lot, but at the start of Covid they just shrugged me off like a disposable item. In almost 40 years of contract work I've never been treated so callously by a company. It hurt a lot and I can't forgive them.
Pros
Good in general
Cons
Ruthless
Worked at this company for many years and in that time I enjoyed working with most people, however the management were and had no good communication skills, very rude and demanding, the last few years were just a misery thanks to their amateur ways and bullying tactics.
Pros
Mainly decent people
Cons
Horrible management
Everyday was a different day, doing different tasks, meeting different people, different telephone conversations & queries. Loved meeting different customers & all staff are friendly & helpful. Hardest part for me is the long hours.
Pros
Refreshments provided free of charge
Cons
Long days
The key to MM is the management and employees. There is a great relationship between the staff and the management team. There is also great working culture and MM care about the staffs well being.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Long hours without financial benefits
Brilliant place to Work, and a good team. However, they are reluctant to offer a payrise. If you are not concerned about how much you get paid, then definitely a good place to work.
A wide variety of interesting jobs. very little control over what you work on though. Very little support for career development so can get stuck working on boring projects. Wide range of specialist so can always ask help but very little support to put you on a job if 'you haven't got experience'.
Pros
Very good work life balance - management will also consider your personnel needs
Cons
Very bad career development after chartership
Mainly working for a client (Anglian Water) for four years. The estimating team was mainly built up of MM people. I was Senior Estimator working with Water & Wastewater, building estimates from high level through to more detailed. As part of the management team I mentored the junior members in all aspects of estimating setting tasks and overseeing their work. Working in tandem I also estimated for Mott MacDonald as they have many clients requesting remote working, eg. Oil, Gas, Rail, Nuclear, Roads etc. The culture was good depending on what part and section of the company you worked for, I can't speak for every department. The most difficult part of the job was the expected travel and time away from family. The most enjoyable part was working with exceptional engineers and generally lovely people.
They allow managers to bully trainees, to the point where there is crying and anxiety. Other colleagues turn a blind eye as they are scared of particular managers.
Mott MacDonald used to be a good company to work for - that really cared for its staff. Now all it cares about is the bottom line - despite being employee owned. There is a lot of talk about well being and people being their main asset - but does it actually mean anything?
Well managed. Good support from management team. Straight forward contract management. Mott macdonald treat their staff well, have a good culture. Are concerned about staff welfare and salary etc
After three and a half years my job sadly and abruptly ended which was very unfortunate. I had enjoyed the diversity of projects and sectors but obviously did not fit into the managements outfit.
I worked for Mott's for 2 years and enjoyed every minute of it. The work environment was fun and you are constantly learning. The team support was excellent and although we were quiet busy, we always had fun. For me, the hardest part of the job was when I had to leave, I left due to a situation that arose that was beyond my control. I would highly recommend this place to anyone as a place of employment.
Work place was competetive and colleagues were friendly. Management will rate it a two but i think its who is the manager i guess nothing fancy no get
Being employee-owned frees us to choose the work we take on and focus on the issues that are important to you – and us. This means that our clients get the very best from us because we want to do a great job – the right job. We’re not in business to make the most profit for external shareholders. There are no external shareholder priorities to influence our decision making. We’re independent in thought and action, which means we advise you what is genuinely right for your business, not what is easy either for you or for us.
Brilliant people, management and work sattisfaction. Management listen to your ideas, allow you to flourish and encourage you to move upwards through the promotional chain..
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Non
Experience means nothing in here, you’re sold on the idea of progression & training to help you advance your career, this did not happen. You approach the subject of training & submit a request only to be told it’s not relevant to your progression. Brown nosing seems to get you places & working as part of a team doesn’t exist unless your in one of the many cliques within the department. There is genuinely some really nice people & potential work, however it’s getting the opportunity to meet them & work on them that’s the issue. Operating on a referral scheme to get friends or family in is a great idea to try earn an extra £1500 however when the system is cheated by others it becomes a joke. Benefits are the best thing about the workplace but like I said getting to enjoy them is another thing.
Not much to say. Nice place to work at with nice team. Management is supportive. It's just another typical day's work with not much of really challenging work.
Would be happy to go back and work for them. I was involved in a wide range of interesting projects mainly for United Utilities AMP6. A very pleasant location and office.
Mott MacDonald is a large company working in many fields of engineering. This means experience can be gained across many disciplines, also having offices all over the world allows the opportunity to travel both within and outside of the UK.
Great consultancy to work for. Once you join them, they do engrained in you how to be well organised, efficient with your time and mindful of deadline. During my working period with the company, I acquired a strong work ethics, thanks to the company core values. I highly recommend anyone keen on developing his or her knowledge and skills in engineering consultancy to join Mott MacDonald.
The graduates helping us were amazing, really cared, stretched us and gave us helpful feedback. We got a really wide range of experience and aided me in my decision to pursue a career in engineering.
  1. Employee reviews