Mountain Healthcare Ltd

Working at Mountain Healthcare Ltd: Latest Mountain Healthcare Ltd Reviews

United Kingdom24 reviews

Busy but rewarding

A great opportunity to get acute medical experience. From my own experience, all of the Managers have been very supportive. It's clear that there have been staffing challenges, but I am sure that's the same for all healthcare providers since the pandemic. Custody is a unique work environment, so would recommend asking for a visit to see if it is for you.

Pros

Opportunities for progression

Cons

Busy, in-depth papework

Work itself I found rewarding, bureaucratic and micro-managed by poorly qualified and low experienced management.

I enjoyed working alongside other disciplines within the role I had. I enjoyed working with a cohort of people generally segregated from society and learnt so much from the overall experience. Initially MHL were great, supportive, creating a learning environment and enabling changes from the bottom up in terms of processes. However this did not last and this small company went from bad to worse. I found myself dreading going into work for fear that some manager would highlight that yet another form needed to be filled out and triplicate paperwork. Alongside this I felt that MHL simply wanted to make a name for themselves in the industry, I don't feel they ended up caring for or about the people they served (detainees in police custody). Micro-management is really what they do best. Communication was also really poor between management and staff. Added to this no progression or learning opportunities offered and no clinical supervision offered.

Insights into Mountain Healthcare Ltd

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment

Challenging but enjoyable and rewarding

The job is what you make it! At times busy and your feet don't touch the ground, other times it's calm and you can complete your MAST and drink a hot cup of tea. No two days are the same and there's always a challenge to face. Take it in your stride and utilise the support you have around including your Police colleagues, fellow HCPs, Clinical Leads and FMEs. Although you work autonomously as an HCP, you are part of a team of custody staff who become your friends and make the 12 hour shifts fly by! If you make them tea and provide them with cake, they'll do anything for you!I have worked for this company for 5 years and the opportunities that have been given to me far outweigh any I've had in previous roles. There is ample opportunity for promotion and expansion of your skill sets. Benefits have grown immensely over the years because they listen to what is important to staff.

Pros

Great colleagues, great support, great benefits, opportunites for promotion, annual bonus

Avoid !

In my many years of working I have never worked for a worse employer . The team I worked in was amazing but we were very detached from the management

Work culture poor

Benefits are poor - pension, salary, sick pay.Teams are friendlyManagers poor, don’t listen to staffHR poorCall centre we’re always helpful, more than managers

Loved my job! Made lots of friends too!

Very rewarding job. Supporting victims. Shifts are over a 24/7 rota. Lots of room for promotion.I only left because I moved away. Certainly a job to be proud of.

Pros

Pension, always overtime, annual leave, very accommodating senior staff, take aways for lunch/dinner etc and company gets take aways in for the team meetings!

Cons

The only con is that, as in most jobs there’s always a ‘bad apple’ that can bring the team down - if you let it.

Lovely colleagues, fast-paced and growing.

Busy day-to-day, but I get to work with some great people. My team are lovely and the call centre staff are always so friendly when putting people through. Its nice to work for a business who actually make a difference and support some of the most vulnerable people in society.

Pros

Friendly colleagues. Growing business. Benefits are improving.

Cons

Busy. Not for everyone.

Only company I know of who don't give sick pay to their staff.

I am not sure who wrote these reviews but please listen when I say they are extremely misleading.This company does not offer sick pay.Any leave requested has to be covered by the person wanting leave even if it is for a hospital appointment. Again resulting in no sick pay. This is not a steady career, staff come and go very quickly once they realise how different the interview is from the actual job. Not a good place to work very badly managed.

Pros

Non

Cons

No sick pay No leave No supportive network No progression

Official response from Mountain Healthcare Ltd

9 February 2022
I can confirm that as of 01st January 2022 that an enhanced sickness pay policy is now in-place.

Great place to work!

A lovely place to work! Great people, very understanding company.Work is enjoyable and rewarding. I started working at Mountain Healthcare during lockdown. My colleagues made it easy for me to join and made me feel comfortable to ask for help, whenever needed. Mountain Healthcare is a growing company and has great staff to grow with it.

Pros

Bonus scheme, Enhanced Annual Leave, Sickness Pay, Friendly Colleagues, Well-being Programme, Equality and Diversity Working Group, Staff Council, Life Assurance Payments, A range of accredited courses available, Funding for Higher Education

Cons

Can get very busy at times.

Feeling that our patients are put at the centre of company decisions has been so refreshing to see in practice.

The work of a forensic Nurse Examiner is challenging but rewarding, the company offers good support and supervision for its staff to deal with difficult cases we see on a daily basis.The HR team are always available and the senior leadership team are approachable and easy to talk to.I enjoy seeing patients and although the work is hard it is rewarding and I feel like I make difference every day.

Pros

Team spirit and team moral.

Cons

Pension contributions are lower than some other healthcare companies

Fantastic teams very supportive and management structure

Love my role been here 6 yearsvery reactive & inclusivefeel part of a teamgreat supportfeel includedgreat management teamhands on from all including the Board

Pros

good salary good support, training, development

Best Company I have worked for!

The most caring, supportive, positive and happy Company/people I have worked for!Management are very helpful and supportive, always happy to help! Great team moral, happy, bubbly great work life balance.Good opportunities to progress, within and out your department

Pros

Very flexible, competitive salary and great bonus scheme, Life Assurance and Christmas parties.

Challenging but rewarding work environment

The work Mountain do is a challenge but is ultimately rewarding. The management team are supportive and inclusive. Several members of the team have been promoted in my short time at Mountain.

Pros

Pay is favourable to competitors, remote working, sick pay, supportive colleagues

Cons

holiday entitlement is low but increasing.

Really exciting Job role.

I love working autonomously and for patients who I wouldn't usually encounter in a hospital setting. I like being able to make my own clinical decisions but still have the support of a Dr should I need to discuss. I also love working with the police, again which I wouldn't usually encounter in a hospital setting

Pros

Working with the Police, Autonomous practice, Appropriately challenging, Different to normal clinical roles, Great T's&C's

Cons

12 hour shifts. Working on your own.

MHL continues to grow thanks to the hard-work of its staff and patient-focused services.

Mountain Healthcare continues to grow and be awarded contracts thanks to the hard-work of its staff and patient-focused services. As the business has progressed several new benefits have been implemented, including; enhanced annual leave and sickness pay. There are now established routes for progression for all clinical staff. Managers of the business are provided with master-classes to ensure there is consistency of process. In addition to this, there are several great initiatives such as the Equality & Diversity group and Staff Council which allow staff to give their input/feedback to assist with shaping the future of the business.

Pros

Cons

Can be very busy

A refreshing change from previous experiences of working in hospital.

The role is like nothing I've done before. I was worried about trying something new, but full training was provided. Although I'm the only health care professional on site, the care coordinators and doctors are only a phone call away.

Pros

Rota's are planned well in advance, Forensic elements are interesting, Comprehensive Training, Planned progression

Cons

Pension contributions are less than with previous employer

Awful Company to work for, no work life balance and very poor management structure

Ineffective management who have no regard for you as an employee.Massive staff resignations putting pressure on existing staffNO work life balance at allPoor pay and T and C's

Pros

Working in a team in your working environment

Cons

long hours, excessive travelling expected, poor management and leadership, You don't work where you are recruited to work and end up driving all over, Thames Valley.

Very tough work, very little support, treated like a number. Company has become very corporate, bad atmosphere, most employees unhappy.

The company has become very corporate, very high turnover of staff, management very unsupportive, long hours with very little support. Managers very duplicitous. Not a nice place to work.

Cons

Long hours, very stressful/emotional work, very little support from management, staffing levels at an all time low.

One of the best jobs I have ever had

They ask for your availability far into the future which means that you have your schedule ahead of time. You are paid to be on call, and extra if you are called out. Good support system if you have a difficult case, the nurses are amazing to work with and the day staff is super helpful! I, along with many others, have this job as well as a full time job and they are super understanding of that and are very accomodating. The hardest part, is if you get multiple cases in a row then it is very tiring. Also, when you cover the night shift, be readey to be woken up for a case at 3am. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen!

Pros

Excellent pay, friendly staff

Cons

Stressful cases, if you have a case

Not a great company

Grown to big too quick! No sick pay, maternity pay or OH. Support staff are not paid enough for being on call, no mileage is paid and if cases are cancelled within the hour they don’t get the call out fee even if they have arrived. Nurses are paid a lot more and valued more. It’s also impersonal and those above have forgotten what it’s like working front line.

Excellent Supportive Company

Great company to work for, always pushing for improvements in the industry. Very supportive of career and education development, they are very supportive of personal issues too. I have grown immensely professionally since working for them.

Pros

Great development opportunties, close working relationships, work is challenging yet rewarding

Cons

No sick pay/maternity benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mountain Healthcare Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement