MTR Crossrail logo
MTR Crossrail

MTR Crossrail Employee Reviews

It's ok

This company will employ any Tom dick and Harry who can say their name. I know for sure there are some jobs that are not suitable for certain people due to it being physical or mentally challenging. This company don't care employ anyone with any type of mental state,capacity and attitude. so they can get tax relief. What a joke. Staff are a joke 90% from tesco stacking shelves and have no idea what the jobs about. But are not willing to learn or take good practices from staff or management. Ignorant is the best way to describe staff.

Pros

Free oyster, 75% national rail ticket discont

Cons

Staff are just complaining individuals never satisfied.

not everyones cup of tea

depends what you are looking for, a lot of drivers think they are special and well talented which is not correct. If you like to sit in the dark then this job will suit you.

Bad pay/management

We do all the work or maybe even more than our counterparts over at LU, but we get paid wayyyyy less and management is very poor... No space to breathe...

Like a glitter coated faeces

Looks amazing from the outside but ultimately the facade of a exciting, modern railway falls away and the fact that nobody has a clu becomes very apparent. All levels of management were bullies and nodlbody cared to listen to complaints. Avoid like the plague

Pros

Free Oyster

Cons

Bullies

Productive and Enjoyable workplace

A friendly workplace with like minded people keen to deliver a world class railway. Good inter-departmental working and excellent cross functional relationships

Pros

Excellent benefits

Challenging but rewarding environment

MTR is a very young company with a lot of opportunities. This is definitely a place for someone to grow, and I speak from experience. With so many targets and regimes to meet it is a high pressure environment. Though the end result is more than worth it. Great management structures and a very positive atmosphere to work and thrive in.

Pros

Free travel on Tfl, career progression

Cons

Productive and nice place to work

As working in ticket office we deal with customers throughout. Can be very busy depending on the day of the week and station.Issuing their rail tickets which could be daily, weekly or season tickets. Helping them plan their journeys. Also booking tickets for long distance travel. Maintaining the ticket vending machines. Communicating between different departments during the times of disruptions and incidents.

Pros

Pension and free travel on underground and buses.

Exciting focused railway company

I joined MTR just under a year ago having spent previous 14 years at one company. The biggest difference for me is the team at MTR at every level of the business people have a very positive attitude to helping and supporting one another. There is a great can do culture and a vast amount of experts who its great to learn from and work alongside. There are challenges day to day due to the exceptionally high standards expected - this is a positive in my book and drives all to focus attention on what work really needs doing. I would highly recommend MTR to anyone looking to join, whether you have extensive railway experience or looking for a complete career change.

Pros

working alongside best in indusrty

Cons

challenging enviroment with very high expectations

Great People, Fast Paced Business

Its a great place to work. Delivering the new Elizabeth Line means that you are required to deliver objectives quickly and be comfortable with change. The people are great and there is a real sense of team work and purpose as we all work towards improving travel across London.

Pros

Empowered to deliver great results quickly

Fun and exciting work environment

An enthusiastic group of likeminded rail professionals whose focus is delivering optimum train service which means all staff delivering front line customer service and timetable service delivery. The Management is open to new ideas and is proactive in delivering new learned experience the culture is infectious all staff remained diligent to help deliver a seamless continuous journey across the route the hardest part was the travelling to/from work which involved 3 hours per day the most enjoyable part was meeting our PPM public performance measure and sharing the adulation across the route together.

Pros

Free travel and courses for continuous development

Cons

Work life balance including travelling time

Jobs at MTR Crossrail