Multitech Site Services Ltd logo
Multitech Site Services Ltd

Multitech Site Services Ltd Employee Reviews

Stressful

The interview portrays the job to be a lot less stressful than it really is. The training period which you are told you will get is rushed once you start on-site and if not you are not willing to rush the training you are basically pressured until you do. Everyone is on different wages regardless if you start at the same time and have the same qualifications. You are also expected to travel from one side of London to the other at the drop of a hat because you are given a travel allowance (which does not cover you for the week) And the probation period is extended for numerous reasons just to keep you on your toes. Other than that your colleagues are pleasant and helpful if they get a chance

Good and varied work with a steady company who look after you.

I have been here for three years, I enjoy the variety of work and the relelative freedom that it gives you. I am not just another body on a job I am pretty much running the jobs that are in my area, with good suppport from my supervisor when needed. Some weeks are busier than others but I know whats expected of me and i do it under my own steam.Given everything that is going on right now I am glad i am in a PAYE job with a good company who have a good amount of work and care about their men.

Pros

Well paid - equipment provided and good communication from management

Cons

I would like to move into a supervision or testing but no openeings right now

Family company that reqards hard work

I had many personal and professional ups & downs while working at Multitech but felt fully supported through them all. Not always did I recognise changes as for the best at the time but looking back they were the best for the company and almost always me as well. Although not now owned by the family that started they are very much involved and the feeling of being part of a family building something is still very much present. A great deal of pressure and stress occurs, especially within the management, but this is only as high standards are strived for. I do believe that looking after the staff means they will look after your clients for you and sometimes it is easy to forget this - the team of people at Multitech make that company and it would be nothing without the incredibly hard working team in that Head Office and in the vans that travel up and down the country. It was a great place to work for many reasons but primarily it is the people that make it great - top to bottom.

Pros

The family feel, the team of Directors and of course donut Fridays!

Cons

Lack of parking drives everyone mad.

People Focused Business

I started with Multitech just over a year ago and i am still thoroughly enjoying my time here. Everyone is friendly, welcoming and it has a real 'family feel' to the business that is important to it's culture. The SMT is always listening and learning from their staff and encouraging training/development and employee engagement. Multitech really is just a genuinely nice place to work with fantastic people!

Pros

Lovely Staff

Terrible company

While working here I was fairly well paid. However the company seem to use this as an excuse to treat staff terribly! Poorly run company who are terribly organised with office staff given preferential treatment over staff based on site. Management are poor throughout, and backstabbing is actively encouraged in order for career progression. Managers are rude and are all too willing to dock wages. The managing director has a familiar management technique by which if you disagree with him in the most minor of ways he raises his voice and tries to intimidate to get his own way, with middle management following his example. I took a pay cut to leave! Would honestly never recommend to anyone

Pros

Fairly well paid

Cons

Everything else

Would give 0 stars

Dingy office with rude staff, very cliquey. If you don't fit in, they push you out. Managers very unhelpful, belittling and patronising. Wouldn't recommend, very negative experience.

Good business to work for

Good business to work for and well paid unlike some of the sharks in the electrical industry. Get on well with my supervisor who is always really helpful. Working on varied projects around central London and really enjoying time here and learning a lot.

stressful

same stuff not what your drop description says its going to be management are not understanding heavy fines if the vehicles got damaged , bad organisation

Great training and big company

Good move joining this company got given good training on the equipment and tools to do the job. I like being trusted to get on with things but can ask for help. Other sparks are helpful. Management are easy to talk to and I enjoy working on big construction jobs round London. Nice to work for a big company and get paid on time.

Pros

Kept busy on big projects

Cons

Large sites have lots of rules

Poor company and horrible working conditions

Worked there for 3 years. Heavy lifting everyday, bad pay, bad co-workers and office staff who seem to not care. Long days from early morning till late at night almost everyday.

Official response from Multitech Site Services Ltd

11 April 2017
We were understandably disappointed to discover this review and are perplexed; no Dunmow electricians had left the company within the three years preceding this review date. The most recent coincidental departure to which can possibly attribute the above comments was following attention being drawn to a short-term member of staff's poor and frequently unreliable attendance, their productivity levels, overall negative attitude and being prone to making themselves uncontactable when not showing up for work.In response to this review and for the benefit of anyone who has the opportunity of working for Multitech:- Multitech provide thorough staff inductions and comprehensive training for all personnel and have done so since 1998- Support is provided through our HR department, senior engineers, managers and experienced colleagues- Prior to and at interview, it is made clear that equipment can be heavy and the electrical work is predominantly carried out on building sites- All staff are full-time PAYE, receive above industry standard salaries plus a benefits package and ongoing training and skills development- Multitech is a friendly, family run business with an embedded safety culture- As with most businesses, working hours are often determined by client/customer requirements

Jobs at Multitech Site Services Ltd

See more jobs

Fantastic Company

I needed to be in the UK and needed a job. Although a qualified electrician I knew nothing about temporary electrics before starting at Multitech and they trained me to be a temps electrician. Sadly after six months I had to return home. I’ll always be grateful for what they did for me not least of all giving me the added electrical skills and safety training that will help me get a job wherever I go.

Pros

Supportive and excellent training

Cons

Not allowed to smoke on project sites

Brilliant

I have worked for Multitech for five years now, I have really enjoyed my time here, as they are a very honest reliable buisness. Great group of people.

Pros

Good hours, good pay

Fantastic company to work for

As a previous employee from the administration side I would have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my time at multitech, the other staff are great and there is a real buzz around the place. However, the managers lack inspirational qualities and leadership and think a few doughnuts and fruit will hide the fact how low we are paid. But then again they do provide entertainment with flirting with each other and think no one has noticed. Also there is a lack of motivation through the teams. On the other hand they do care about your health, if you are lucky you can park about a 1/4 of a mile away from the office (as close as you can get if you start work after half 7) and can get your daily steps in. The on site parking is for senior managers or engineers so the office looks more important with their higher end cars parked out the front from the higher wages paid to those individuals. All in all a great company to work for if you like to feel under valued, under paid and over worked.

Pros

Doughnuts

Cons

The coffee is cheap

Friendly and Supportive

Having worked at Multitech Site Services now for nearly 6 months, I feel colleagues and management are very helpful and friendly. Always a "hello" in the corridor and everyone is happy to help. When having some personal time off and also having to attend urgent healthcare appointments, it was dealt with by HR professionally and they were extremely understanding and caring.

Pros

Helpful, friendly, understanding and flexible

Cons

not much parking.

Forward-thinking business with commitment to staff development

Initially attracted to joining the business as a result of the company culture and commitment to staff development, both of which were widely spoken about during the recruitment process. It was a pleasure to see the extent in which this was in operation when I joined. Regular performance reviews, salary reviewed each year, funding assistance for training and commitment to internal staff progression. A professional, flexible company to work for.

Pros

Training and development, flexibility.

Official response from Multitech Site Services Ltd

16 March 2017
Thank you for your review. It’s always great to receive favourable reviews, but especially when our established staff-centric culture is recognised.

Modern company that encourages progression from within

Having worked at Multitech Site Services for over 10 years the company were very flexible and supportive upon my return from maternity leave allowing me to achieve a good work life balance. Salary reviewed every year, good benefits and training.

Pros

Progression, training and flexibility

Paying new and current employees unfairly

The lack of loyalty to current employees was incredibly upsetting. As a loyal employee who was happy and exceeding all targets set for me, I was distraught when I noticed a difference in pay between myself and colleagues and the same job role being advertised online. New staff were being recruited on ÂŁ2,000 more than most of the department was on despite the job title, requirements and tasks remaining the same. The procedure whenever there were issues with happiness was to introduce a non-monetary benefit to save the business money (Fresh fruit Monday, Doughnuts on a Friday and a new social area (All items recycled from MDs party/old house).

Dirty work

Sent in at the deep end. waiting for materials all day, so slow i should have got them myself

Badly managed and badly paid.

Always struggling to keep up, constant paperwork coming my way. Mismanged, decisions are changed constantly, mostly without informing people until its too late. Lots of silly mistakes being made all the time and no evolvement.

Pros

Free doughnuts on Fridays

Cons

Left arm doesn't know what the right arm is doing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Multitech Site Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement