MUSICMAGPIE
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

MUSICMAGPIE Employee Reviews in Stockport

Stockport40 reviews

Poor

OK job. Poor pay. You get thrown in the deep end. No training. You get shouted at for nothing. You expected to hot targets and you not always garenteed to get it.

Overall I am really enjoying for Music Magpie. The atmosphere is relaxed and everyone is happy to answer any questions and to help out whenever I am stuck.A typical day includes a morning stand up, occasional meeting every now and then and a lot of time to focus on the work itself.

Insights into MUSICMAGPIE

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Amazing place to work

This is a great place to work! From the interview process, the onboarding, the training and the day to day work-life balance. Everyone is friendly and super helpful. There is a real team culture here and it's a fantastic place to develop

Productive and friendly workplace

Only been here a few months but the variety of work and business problems that I've already been involved in have been very interesting and challenging + a clear roadmap of what is to come. Induction and onboarding was very smooth and I've had regular catch ups with HR during my probation period to make sure I am settling into the role well. Overall, a great place to work, a lot of opportunities to learn and everyone I've met so far seems very friendly.

Great work culture and company ideals

I was hired at MM as an Apprentice and am over half way through the process, with the intention of staying on at the company afterwards (or doing a Level 4) due to friendly atmosphere and staff in the Development department.I am supported in everything I do by fantastic members of staff who are always on hand to give advice or offer assistance, from other devs to management.Both at the office and working from home, the company and its staff are very welcoming and helpful.A typical day at work involves a daily stand-up, mostly practical learning on-the-job alongside coursework, training sessions and so on periodically. The workplace culture is fantastic and there is always something charitable going on, with a wonderful "Diversity and Inclusion" work group to boot.The hardest part of the job is the job itself, being a novice to software development but that isn't a bad thing at all, just par for the course. The most enjoyable thing about the job is getting hands-on with the development work and getting to know how everything works - there is nothing better than a "eureka moment" and reaching a solution for yourself, unassisted and completing your ticket.As a side note, the salary for an apprentice is almost double that of lots of similar roles in other companies elsewhere which really helps with the work-life balance.

Friendly workplace, great progression

Musicmagpie is a great place to work with friendly people and always plenty of challenges for the mind. You will have that chance to work with the latest tech as the company is ever evolving and modernising. There's plenty of room for progression if you have a hard working mentality, I started off as junior developer and have worked my way to a Head Of Devops throughout my time at Magpie.

Unrealistic targets

The job is pretty easy but management are continually on your back about kpi. (Key performance index) ie targets.Th 12hr shifts are very long with only 30 mins for dinner and 2 15 min breaks. Overtime is paid at standard rates,no bonuses and you'll work all bank holidays etc if on the 4 day shift. If you can look elsewhere.

Pros

4 days off

Cons

Long days, poor management.

Terrible pay long houra

Everyone has their own click noone made me feel welcome. Long hours rubbish pay and not the best management. Overall wouldn't recommend to anyone who has a social life or needs money!

Pros

Very easy work

Cons

Long hours, rubbish pay

Good workplace

Overall good company, decent pay. Nice environment, space to learn, minimal supervision. MANAGMENT is also good. Coworker are helpful . NO room to grow or promotion

Productive workplace

I enjoyed working for them i was here for 2 years working in the office ,but left for a job closer to home. staff are all friendly and the management are nice as well.

Good opportunity for progression

Started at the lowest possible level and now have a job with a great potential future. If you work hard here you can achieve. All the staff are friendly and helpful.It's not the best paying company, but they will give your an opportunity to progress.

Pros

Great senior leadership team

Cons

Lower paying

nice place ton work

Pros

free treats

Rubbish

Pertains to be a class firm. It is bottom of the class. Had a tour of the business. I don't have high standards, but they are the low of low. All they like to impress at your interview is that big brother is watching you all the time. Gave it 1 star because none is not an option.

Pros

Easy to see why you would not work for them

fast paced

was my 1st job and just got tolearn all new job roles .includeing working the sort machine. checking all goods inbound are genuiune and not counterfiet.

Good job opportunity for youngsters

The workplace is a fast paced environment with young people who has experience in electrical goods. 4 on 4 off 12 hours shifts what is okay if you’re free to work anytime. Salary is okay for the role, colleagues and management are fine too.

Poor management and stressful job

At my time here we went through loads training coordinators which meant no one was trained properly and had no clue what they were doing even the managers don’t. They favour their friends in the office so if your face doesn’t fit you have no chance of progression in the company and people left to work at the head office because it was less stressful than dealing with the bully nature in the office led by managers. You leave stressed and beyond breaking point daily due to the customers not being happy and then getting yelled at by management. They have even fired people over a sandwich just because it ”pushed them over the edge”. Would avoid if you value your sanity.

Good experience

I had really good experience working at the Music Magpie, but it was my summer job (I was studying), so I can't say anything for long time period of time.

Packing and scanning

Night shift 7pm-6:30am 4 nights on 4 nights off, 8.21 hourly, for the targets you have to meet is really hard and stressful for the pay you get. Other night jobs are around or over £12 hourly, big difference!

Good atmosphere

Make some great friends working here! The management is okay supportive but lack of training for employees makes other peoples jobs more difficult! I would recommend working here.. But not for along Time!

Good company

I was very Happy in this company becouse of job I was in and also management was very helpfull and I had very good motivation for improve my working skills

Stay away

musicMagpie could be a great company but it is unfortunately managed by a group of men and women that have been hired due to their social acquaintances; people that are not adequate to manage anyone let alone be in the companies' most crucial roles. Salary discrepancies across the board with absolutely no loyalty to older employees. Friends with the boss? Great salary. Actually do a good job but absolutely no connections? Minimum wage, even when having the same role as the person with the great salary that just got hired. Stay away as much as you can if you don't want to be managed by a group of people that have no idea of what they are doing and have no remorse in making you feel like you are nothing even when they are clueless of what your role is or how much you have helped the company in your many years of employment.

Pros

Great new office

Cons

Everything Else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MUSICMAGPIE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • MUSICMAGPIE
  • Stockport
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?