My Planet UK

My Planet UK: 8 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom8 reviews

Very fun

A very fun place to work, very social, everyone got along, it was a lot of laughs. Very diverse and friendly, even the managers were involved in a lot of banter.

Pros

Pay bonus's

Cons

No Contract

Fast paced challenging job

Started as the Sales Manager for Cambridge with no Sales reps or marketing canvassers, within few months the team grow to an average of 12-15 Sales reps, enjoyed the success every step of the way. Unfortunately upon the government changing the “Feed-in-tariff” in Jan 2016, MyPlanet UK went into receivership in Feb 2016.

productive, challenging and team work

dealing with customer queries, understanding products that were being sold. worked independently and as a team. sold products over the phone and face to face. I was doing well and was going for management position but then the company ceased trading. The most enjoyable part of the day was working as a team to achieve goals.

My Planet

Mornings at a busy office required me to make outbound to customers that have purchased items from our company. I was also required to set up meetings with clients and our engineers to provide items that that were purchased beforehand.

Pros

socialising with friends

Cons

A lot of pressure to hit targets

Busy and challenging call centre

Running a busy call centre with 15 staff using a CRM system. Generating leads using cold calling for direct sales force. Pre confirming appointments with customers to ensure clarity. Training coaching and developing of staff

Pros

Paid Parking

Cons

Work life balance

Do Not Work With This Company!

I worked as a field sales rep for over 6 months and did over 30 deals with the company. This company, who is not actually My Planet, but a sales arm working for my planet, is a complete SCAM! They never pay you correctly, they owed me over £5,000 in commissions, they we're responsible for too many of my orders being cancelled due to terrible customer service and very poor management. If a customer does any amount of research and finds out that their costs are about £3,000 too expensive and subsequently cancels, the company will go behind your back and sell them the same system £3K cheaper. Not only that they will do this to unsold leads you're given as well. Which means you get to drive usually over an hour away to pitch a system close to £10,000, and once you've done all the hard work and not managed to sell it because it's too expensive, they go back without having to pitch and sell it for £6-7K. The leads are cold called and lied to so be prepared to have a nightmare on the door and in the home. And the sales you do get, keep a bloody good track of and ALWAYS keep a copy of the contract, and don't beleive them if they say somethings cancelled, check every install to make sure it has been installed and you've been paid. The next problem is finding out what you've been paid for because they don't tell you clearly. Good Luck

Pros

Not enough

Shocking place to work!

Terrible place to work, you are treated and spoken to like poo! So many young people get hired that they take over the building and treat it like school or collage. Your pay gets messed up nearly every week unless there feeling nice... That's if your lucky this job is for people who like getting used & told what to do & co trolled! Because that's what happened just get used and treated like a piece of on the floor.

worst job ever

was not a nice place to work slave labour. never knew if you was working or not. management couldn't manage dog walking. wouldn't pay you on time and wouldn't pay you for hours you had worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at My Planet UK. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement