mydentist

United Kingdom1,285 reviews

Found 1,285 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,372 reviews
cpdgdcdentistpracticeindemnitydentalnurseprogression

Best in the area

I ve been working at MyDentist Queensferry for one year. The team is very suportive and enjoyable. The manager is always there to guide you and ensure you have all the necessary materials to deliver the best dental care. They have a clinical support manager on site who can provide clinical advices.Pros:- very good management- suppprtive for cliniciansCons: sometimes can get busy but the receptionists are always helpful.

Company/practices undervalue and underpay staff....

Lovely clean, large open practice with a strong and fair practice manager and lead receptionist. Pros - Felt valued, company paid for training, supportive practice manager.Cons - Face has to fit, large groups of women equals a sniping and gossiping culture with 'clicky' groups. Confidential information aired within staff areas, concerning patients and staff. No room for progression unless someone leaves. No toil accrued even though you spend a LOT more time there than contractually agreed. You have to be very self-motivated to study, there is not a lot of time available for mentors to witness your work (if this ever happens). Low pay, even for qualified nurses. You may be lucky to get over £10.50 p/h. Saturday work included, though most nurses avoid coming in like the plague. You work with the same dentist every day, meaning no rota or lack of opportunities to learn new skills. Short shadowing interval for new employees, then you're dropped in it and left to sink or swim due to staff shortages. 'Suck it up' attitude required immediately or you won't last five minutes. Not a positive place to work due to a mixed NHS and private practice.

Insights into mydentist

• Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Fast paced

Dental nursing is a full in fast paced job and if it is a career you want to get into and progress in there are lots of opportunities in this company.

Avoid!

The practice manager is very unapproachable. Most staff members have agreed they would rather ask another member of management instead of going to her for anything. Stuff that’s told in confidential is gossiped about and discussed behind your back, the whole practice will know you’re business within a short amount of time. Very obvious who’s liked and who’s disliked. Told we had to ask for dedicated time to do our coursework when we aren’t the ones that do the rota and it’s quite clear we’re needed in surgery over doing any work to contribute to the qualification. Not much support when you start, just get your jabs and basic coursework done so they can get you straight into surgery cos of their staff turnover. Qualified nurses aren’t offered any support for progression so most people get qualified and leave. Most Dentists don’t want student Nurses so there isn’t much support when it comes to learning in surgery. You don’t have the ability to stick with a Clinician, for some reason they change you every day so you never know who you’re with, even though it would be preferred by both Clinicians and Nurses to be constantly paired up. Multiple nurses have left due to their mental health. The practice manager will ignore requests and put nurses with clinicians they don’t get along with. Reception and Nurses don’t get enough recognition for the work they all put in. 12 hour days, less than minimum wage, even after you’re qualified it goes up less that £1 an hour.

Stressful. Not a good work environment

I took this role fully aware it would be a fast paced wotk environment. But what I was faced with was far worse, from having to work long hours sometimes with little to no lunch time due to dentists running late but issues within the general running of the practice made it near impossible to get the job done properly most days

Cons

Long hours, late for lunch or finishing, no career progression

Not the best

The staff turnover speaks for itself, pressurised environment and not an ideal place to work if you wish pay to reflect the effort you put in. Scope for development and growth.

Great staff

Great staff Always busyDidn’t get along with one staff member thereManager is fabNurses are sweetOther receptionists with me were nice and friendly

Don't care about nurses

The dental nurses are pushed more and more to do additional jobs, with no additional time given nor any extra pay. Management talk about opportunities for progression, but only if there is a clinician in the area who can use your skills, otherwise you cannot do additional roles courses. Pay for nurses is poor and any over time is given back as "time owed" at a time to suit the company.

Seek other employment

Worked as a manager for the company over the years, very poor the way upper management make you treat staff. If staff don't do what they are told they are forced to push the employee out the door. Constant pressure on staff and dentists. Experience of being told to lie to staff members to hide information from them. Experience of upper management having issues with staff and making their life a nightmare in work meaning the employee leaves the post, only for upper management to tell me they were not a loss. I would personally avoid working here, managers pay is poor, nurse pay is very poor for the stress, and receptionists are very very under paid for the stress they receive on the phone.

Poor management

When a new starter I was just left to my own devices really. I received very minimal training and almost no support from the manager and other colleagues. The work environment is very cliquey which is very uncomfortable to work within.

Great place to work, well supported and a fantastic network

Great training programme, great networking facilities and an even better head office which will support you on every need possible! Fantastic work life balance with a good incentive bonus scheme as well!

Fun to work with

They are perfect.But you need to be professional, and skillfully.however very competitive one.try to be the best out of yourself.The people are friendly, patients are respectful.I would recommend to anyone to work for them so they will experience the professional environment.

Over worked not valued

Really wouldn’t recommend working for mydentist especially if you want a work/life balance. Read the contract throughly if you do go for a interview. You will need car insurance that allows you to go to multiple places of work as you can go to a different practice for weeks at time/ last minute. Stressful environment but I guess it just depends who your manger and team you work with is really.

Pros

Cons

Unprofessional

Stressful + management

It’s a good place to work as a trainee, but you have to do everything on your own and there is no support at all. I don’t know sometimes how I manage but I did, especially working an extra job.

No progression, not valued, typical corporate.

Shame you are not valued at all as a clinician for the work you do or hours you put in, and absolutely no pay or job progression. All they want is people that are newly qualified that will work for pennies even though you give them years of your life, as soon as you question it, they will just get someone new in and slowly push you out. No value to the team at all. They just see pounds and pence.

Stressful work environment with low wages however useful for career progression

Fast paced, stressful work environment.Free CPD and access to courses useful for career progression. Low wages and long hours, often would leave/finish late.

Pros

Free CPD, courses available for career progression

Cons

Low wages

Awful area manager avoid!

Great company to work forDepends on the manager responsible for the area!Great staff moral within practiceAlthough the area manager adds tension to the team.Good training benefits Expected to give up time at short notice due to extended hours to meet private targetsStaff are stressed and stretched to limits!One receptionist in a 5 surgery practice!Awful working conditions! And the manager doesn’t care!

Pros

Great staff moral in practice

Cons

Long hours Awful area manager (lots of complaints about her and nothing done)

Good place for character building

- Very poor management from practice manager and the area manager. - Staff overturn is extremely high - Nurses are underpaid and made to work long hours and run the whole practice - Dentists are overworked and had to cover other practices.- Equipment are always on the brink of breaking down.

Cons

Long hours No consideration for staff

Not treated well.

Not treated well by dentists or managers. Expected to drive to short staffed practices at short notice. Sometimes missed lunch breaks and late finishes.

Hated every minute

Due to a lack of alternative employment at the time and in my area, I had no choice but to stick with MyDentist. For the most part, the dental nurses were great but the dentists were very unsupportive, overcritical and we went through so many managers which left the whole place in total, mismanaged chaos.The area managers were no better, full of broken promises.I would rather not work than go back to MyDentist

Pros

Finding another job elsewhere

Cons

Everything listed in the review

Fantastic place to work!

Love working for mydentist, I have the best team, lovely building, great job, I trained with mydentist and qualified here. They have always looked after me. I only knocked a star off as I think Dental Nurses deserve to be paid more. The job is very tiring sometimes, on your feet all day, but we enjoy it!

Pros

Support

Cons

Could do with a pay rise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at mydentist. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare mydentist with

Learn about mydentist in popular locations

• mydentist