MyDentist

• Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fantastic place to work!

Love working for mydentist, I have the best team, lovely building, great job, I trained with mydentist and qualified here. They have always looked after me. I only knocked a star off as I think Dental Nurses deserve to be paid more. The job is very tiring sometimes, on your feet all day, but we enjoy it!

Pros

Support

Cons

Could do with a pay rise

Nice team around me

Manage complaints, scheduling, interviews, emails, clinician 1-2-1's, staff pay, hold practice meetings, attend conferences and conference calls, provide pateint care

Pros

good work/ life balance

Cons

can be stressful when a nurse/ dentist is sick

Mydentist is a productive and exciting place to work.

Mydentist treatments patients and staff with respect, also they have the best cross infection in place: in the whole UK.Giving patient five star all the time.

Pros

Life insurance Free cpd

Avoid

Miserable pay as a nurse. Management is the worst, they have no clue how dentistry works but they take decisions on our behalf which makes our job impossibleMaybe as a receptionist life would be easier in that place, but as a dental nurse, I never hated a place more than this one. Not enough instruments, some rude colleagues, some rude dentists who treat us like robots. The job responsibilities do not match the pay!!!Reception books so many people you don’t have time to go toilet.

Pros

An hour lunch break

Cons

{my}dentist is the most welcoming working environments I’ve worked in.

Working for {my}dentist is a blast. We work hard and always have plenty to keep us busy. I love coming into work every day and tackling whatever the day has in store. You’re made to feel very valuable to your team’s success where you’re given the freedom to forge your own path and generate loads of ideas to contribute to the success of your team. {my}dentist is the most welcoming and friendly working environments I’ve ever worked in.

Worst Company!

In my time working at MyDentist the management is totally clueless.Dentists can be lovely but watch out for the egotistical Dentist who's behaviour is tolerated and accepted by management and other members of staff. So much is expected from you with little or no training provided you're also expected to train new members of staff without hardly any knowledge yourself when you finish work you tend to go home feeling mentally drained. They do not care about how the staff feel in general.Do not work for this company if you care about your sanity!

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Poor management and lack of communication

Approximately a 40% of the times I have gone to work I found there were no patients booked, or there was only 1 or 2 in some occasion, and nobody bother to inform me about the issue until I was there. Given the fact that I drive one hour and 30 minutes to the place of work this is unacceptable.I haven't received any salary payment for over 6 months now. No explanations whatsoever even when I ask about it.The communication is very poor and there is not a hierarchy system in place to discuss these issues.To conclude, nobody seems to care if I am working there or not, and this have an impact in my motivation to carry on my work with MyDentist.

Cons

Poor management

Great company!

Great company to work for; have a very structured learning course when you join and the induction is great. The communications from head office is constant and you never feel alone or unsupported.Would definitely recommend.

Terrible cooperate

Do not work for this corporate they employ mangers who know nothing about dentistry you are just a number to them and they treat you like dirt and it’s poor pay

Cons

Poor pay/ bad management

Opportunity for growth and progression within the company.Fair with annual leave and flexible hours.Always someone to turn to if things aren't going how you want them to.

Pros

Flexible hours

Fast pace

High needs area lots of patients and scope for work. Not a lot of investment into improvement of practice services, or improving pay of staff including dentists , nurses and receptionists, insufficient proportion of qualified nurses inc comparison to trained nurses and very high staff turnover. lots of cancelled clinics due to short staffing or lack of PPE.

Pros

Salaried dentist benefits

Cons

A lot of workload, insufficient investment in staff, training and equipment

Good place to work, go through a lot of managers

Great place to work. However no steady managers. Management is all over the place. Some practices are cliquey and some aren’t depending on management

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Late nights

Awful

Backbreaking hard work with unrealistic targets to meet. Very poor wage that never improves with unrealistic expectations and management are kids with no training.

Pros

Free dental treatment

Cons

Poor wage, bad management

Overworked and underpaid

You will get no support when you start here, management will make all the right noises but will deliver nothing. You will be given an unmanageable workload where you cannot deliver quality care and they will do nothing about it. Progression is non existent because they dont want you to progress they want to employ cheap apprentice workers that they can pay minimum wage and treat like lackies. Give it a miss if you have any other option.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no lunch, no breaks, no support.

avoid

My Dentist don't care for their own staff. They do not appreciate the staff and not a good working environment, the staff turn over is very high. Nurses are sent to different practices on a weekly basis. avoid at all costs

Pros

cpds, indemnity and registration paid by my dentist

Cons

30 min break in the whole day, no time to go to the loo, no time for clean down between AGPs apps, no clean down time because finishing late on regular basis, .

Not supportive

They fire their employees without any notice or having a discussion about the issue. Managers just listen to their managers . No importance to associate dentists given no matter how much time and devotion they have given to the company.

Pros

Non

Cons

Expect you to work for them all the time

Everywhere has its pros and cons

Working for a corporate you have job security, uniform gdc and indemnity is fully covered which in the past for me it hasn’t been Platform for Cpd hours is also covered. Overall a nice place to work from my experience in other practices, if you complete your duties and get on with what should be done practices run smoothly. Optional overtime is available.

Pros

Lunches or overtime provided on practice meetings, uniform, Gdc, indemnity and cpd cost covered, a lot of room to progress if progression is something your looking for.

Cons

Sometimes you can be sent to cover in other practices around Liverpool

Terrible

Over worked and underpaid. Dentists and practice managers speak to you like they own you. Additional jobs and hours but no additional pay. Never able to take holidays or time in lieu as never any sufficient cover. Very very high turn over of nurses. Dentists always off sick so nurses have to cancel patients, leading to patients being angry and taking it out on you. Only reason I'd recommend MyDentist is to qualify and then leave. Anyone who works for MyDentist as a qualified nurse does not value themselves.

Pros

Pay for your exams and GDC

Cons

See review.

Good place to work, good profession. Lots of development, Academy. Good management. Plenty of new things to learn. Nice team, great dentists. Always busy. Lots of services.

Pros

Opportunity for growth

Very stressful, profit focused

Company only cares about making as much money as possible, under staffed in most practices resulting in incredibly stressful working environments. Low pay

Do not work here!

I have been with the company for many years now, and it’s mentally and physically exhausting. Management are corrupt, nothing is done by the book, management bend your contract and the rules to benefit themselves. You’re told when you will be working even if it’s not in your contract. The people that work there the nurses and dentist are beautiful, it’s just the corrupt management that make it unbearable. Most of the trainee nurses are stuck until they finish their course and even then management bend things to get there exams pushed back. The past year I have seen 10+ nurses walk in and walk out of this company. Most cannot even last a day before leaving and not returning. It’s really not worth the stress. Everyday is miserable, no materials, no instruments, we don’t even have gloves most days sharing a box out between surgeries it’s ridiculous dentist frustrated because they need these things to do there work, no help, low pay, AVIOD!

Pros

A shop next door so you can buy your own PPE

Cons

Everything, especially management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MyDentist. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare MyDentist with