MyDentist

MyDentist Employee Reviews

Found 1,221 reviews matching the search
My current practice is a really busy practice with a mix of both private and NHS patients with the option to refer patients for ortho and implant work. Admin an clinical support is excellent as well as the professional development opportunities on offer to us through its academy, there is always a vast range of courses. Couldn’t recommend enough if you want safety and security of a well established and successful dental company that will be around for a long time
Good benefits and holiday allowances. Great learning opportunities on offer and team really supportive. Health and safety good and practice always spotlessly clean so creates nice working environment for us and good for patients
Pros
Friendly team, clean working environment, uniform
Cons
None I can think of
I work with a great practice and clinical team which I’m so proud of. The training my dentist provides and that is on offer through their Academy is fantastic. Very thorough induction process meaning you have the time to build your confidence in your role. The support throughout the pandemic has been so amazing, I do feel I have job security for life, the business focuses on delivering exceptional patient care which keep me motivated and passionate
Pros
Patient care, training, support, development
Cons
I had nothing but positive vibes since the first day I started with My Dentist. Team is lovely everyone is ready to help you out with questions that you might have. Fast paced but relaxed atmosphere.
Having worked for Mydentist for over 5 years I can safely say they are a fantastic employer. The were extremely flexible with working hours and very accommodating with my aspirations in dentistry. I would highly recommend working for them
Pros
Supportive team. Modern surgeries. Good patient basis. Discounted courses
Lovely place to work, very fast paced and very busy but my colleagues are very helpful and everyone is like a wee family. I am really enjoying my online training I am doing too.
Pros
Sunday off
Cons
Very busy
Great place to work in with excellent members of staff and an incredible practice manager. All tasks are manageable and support is there when you need it.
I’ve progressed a lot with mydentist. Things don’t fall on your lap but if you make in known your ambitious and want to learn then your manager and senior managers push you to be the best you can be. I was promoted recently and it was purely through recognition and those noticing all the hard work I put in. It’s nice to know your appreciated and you get back what you put in. Remember if you don’t enjoy working at a specific practice there’s so many practices to choose from so can move around, hopefully you will get a great team like me so can’t complain about anything :)
I’ve worked with mydentist twice over the years and I’ve had two very different experiences. The first time I left for a reason due to bad management, lack of communication and I felt you couldn’t get new equipment without literally begging for it or it had to be broken however second time round things have felt more organised and structured, things are in place for staff that weren’t before which I’m noticing all the time, the way things are communicated across the business is much better, equipment quality and surgeries are a very high quality. I’m pleased I gave them another chance as I can tell the changes the company are making for the better. Holidays and pay still not the best!
Pros
Spacious airy surgery space, always lots going on in the business, good quality equipment
Cons
Pay, holidays
Feel as like they don’t care for the nurses.Underpaid and feel like the mangers and area managers don’t really care just a number to them.Getting sent to different practice to work in a global pandemic getting pushed and pushed when you are already working as hard as you can! Absolutely draining
Pros
4 day week
Cons
Long hours, getting sent to work in other practices during a global pandemic
If you are thinking of working for my dentist think again please. I was so depressed working for this company they treat you poorly especially through the pandemic, the wage is atrocious and they hire bullies!!!! The management is a joke. I would never ever work for this company again it is a joke! Good riddance my dentist
Pros
Cons
The company
Good workplace but some very stressful, which is normal for dental nurse. Hard to manage work life and family life. Somehow it is a big company so pay will be normal.
Pros
Free tea coffee
Cons
My dentists is a productive and fun place to work, there are many benefits that come with working for mydentist, the one I would like to highlight is the on-site training they offer, it’s extensive and in-depth!
Recently started with my dentist and I enjoying my time in practice so far. The onboarding process is really professional and smooth from start to finish. The practice is spotlessly clean and has a really nice feel to it, I like the fact there are so many practices dotted around the country so can transfer locations if you wish. Really happy with all the equipment, you have everything you could possibly need
Pros
Modern practices, light and airy, big company
Cons
Nothing as of yet
Goods: Easy to communicate with the higher ups: clinical support manager, area manager and CEO. Easy to requests time off work. Able to get in touch with other dentists in the area. Good learning curve and experience with corporate dentistry. Able to requests for materials easily provided not too expensive, sectional matrix out of question. Bads: Very easy for company to take money from dentists but had to go through years to get back what they owed us. Possibility of payrise but meager amount. Dentists are not allowed to book their own patients as appropriate. Favoritism at work with some dentists are allowed to see more private patients during 'NHS hour' whilst other dentists are forced to see NHS all the time despite not contracted for NHS solely.
Pros
Flexibility with time off work
Cons
Opportunity to grow is small
Been impressed how the company support their clinicians through the pandemic. Always were updated and ensured we always worked in a safe environment whilst earning a salary. Everyone has really pulled themselves together over this last which has been really heartwarming to see particular the team I’ve worked with. It’s been very comforting and I’m happy to continue working here given the support they continue to provide.
Pros
Informative, good communication from managers, feel secure
Very busy and fast paced and targets to meet but if your passionate about your job then it’s all in a days work! Very efficient diary system which benefits both you and patient care. Training was in depth, lots of e-learning and on the job training. The pay is competitive better than most companies I have worked for doing a similar role and uniform is provided.
It’s a great company for aspiring nurses with lots of benefits. If you want to get into the dental nursing industry they have their own student dental nurse programme which supports you every stepof the way with a placement in practice. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
Pros
In-depth training, academy, support
I really enjoy being a part of my dentist team,is a nice dental practice with friendly and collaborative colleagues,the manager is supportive and professional.
Pros
Free coffee, tea.
Cons
Long hours on Friday.
I was a PM for mydentist for a number of years but previously a dental nurse, nurses generally fall into practice manager roles which is brilliant as you have such a good insight already, company offer excellent support and training and like it being this way. Pay could be a lot better as you do have a lot of responsibility and it’s long hours. But overall I would recommend them.
Pros
Support, progression, training, can move to different practices
Cons
Pay, holiday allowance
Believe it or not there is!! I was very apprehensive I’ve worked in small private practices my whole career recently starting with mydentist but I’ve been pleasantly surprised. The support is really appreciated and you don’t have to sweat about the small stuff. They seem to have got things right recently and it’s a nice feeling to feel secure especially during these unprecedented times.
  1. Employee reviews