MyDentist

MyDentist Employee Reviews

Found 1,259 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,294 reviews

Opportunity for growth and progression within the company.Fair with annual leave and flexible hours.Always someone to turn to if things aren't going how you want them to.

Pros

Flexible hours

Fast pace

High needs area lots of patients and scope for work. Not a lot of investment into improvement of practice services, or improving pay of staff including dentists , nurses and receptionists, insufficient proportion of qualified nurses inc comparison to trained nurses and very high staff turnover. lots of cancelled clinics due to short staffing or lack of PPE.

Pros

Salaried dentist benefits

Cons

A lot of workload, insufficient investment in staff, training and equipment

Good place to work, go through a lot of managers

Great place to work. However no steady managers. Management is all over the place. Some practices are cliquey and some aren’t depending on management

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Late nights

Awful

Backbreaking hard work with unrealistic targets to meet. Very poor wage that never improves with unrealistic expectations and management are kids with no training.

Pros

Free dental treatment

Cons

Poor wage, bad management

Overworked and underpaid

You will get no support when you start here, management will make all the right noises but will deliver nothing. You will be given an unmanageable workload where you cannot deliver quality care and they will do nothing about it. Progression is non existent because they dont want you to progress they want to employ cheap apprentice workers that they can pay minimum wage and treat like lackies. Give it a miss if you have any other option.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, no lunch, no breaks, no support.

avoid

My Dentist don't care for their own staff. They do not appreciate the staff and not a good working environment, the staff turn over is very high. Nurses are sent to different practices on a weekly basis. avoid at all costs

Pros

cpds, indemnity and registration paid by my dentist

Cons

30 min break in the whole day, no time to go to the loo, no time for clean down between AGPs apps, no clean down time because finishing late on regular basis, .

Not supportive

They fire their employees without any notice or having a discussion about the issue. Managers just listen to their managers . No importance to associate dentists given no matter how much time and devotion they have given to the company.

Pros

Non

Cons

Expect you to work for them all the time

Everywhere has its pros and cons

Working for a corporate you have job security, uniform gdc and indemnity is fully covered which in the past for me it hasn’t been Platform for Cpd hours is also covered. Overall a nice place to work from my experience in other practices, if you complete your duties and get on with what should be done practices run smoothly. Optional overtime is available.

Pros

Lunches or overtime provided on practice meetings, uniform, Gdc, indemnity and cpd cost covered, a lot of room to progress if progression is something your looking for.

Cons

Sometimes you can be sent to cover in other practices around Liverpool

Terrible

Over worked and underpaid. Dentists and practice managers speak to you like they own you. Additional jobs and hours but no additional pay. Never able to take holidays or time in lieu as never any sufficient cover. Very very high turn over of nurses. Dentists always off sick so nurses have to cancel patients, leading to patients being angry and taking it out on you. Only reason I'd recommend MyDentist is to qualify and then leave. Anyone who works for MyDentist as a qualified nurse does not value themselves.

Pros

Pay for your exams and GDC

Cons

See review.

Good place to work, good profession. Lots of development, Academy. Good management. Plenty of new things to learn. Nice team, great dentists. Always busy. Lots of services.

Pros

Opportunity for growth

Very stressful, profit focused

Company only cares about making as much money as possible, under staffed in most practices resulting in incredibly stressful working environments. Low pay

Do not work here!

I have been with the company for many years now, and it’s mentally and physically exhausting. Management are corrupt, nothing is done by the book, management bend your contract and the rules to benefit themselves. You’re told when you will be working even if it’s not in your contract. The people that work there the nurses and dentist are beautiful, it’s just the corrupt management that make it unbearable. Most of the trainee nurses are stuck until they finish their course and even then management bend things to get there exams pushed back. The past year I have seen 10+ nurses walk in and walk out of this company. Most cannot even last a day before leaving and not returning. It’s really not worth the stress. Everyday is miserable, no materials, no instruments, we don’t even have gloves most days sharing a box out between surgeries it’s ridiculous dentist frustrated because they need these things to do there work, no help, low pay, AVIOD!

Pros

A shop next door so you can buy your own PPE

Cons

Everything, especially management.

Monday to Friday great week

Working Monday to Friday has been a massive change for me and a good one, the one thing they don't tell you about is the ego of some of the dentist you all most have to mother them and if they don't get their own way they throw their toys out of the pram. Most where OK just as always a few ruin it for the rest. Overall the company is good to work for great on line training.

Pros

Free dental care if the dentist like's you, pension.

Cons

Not any at the moment

Stressful

Not enough staff.depressing and stressful place to work. Also have extra cpd to do in your own time which can amount to an extra 30hrs which as I said is in your own time

Pros

Cons

Always running late

MyDentist honest review

Where to begin- stressful, high turnover of staff, cheap materials, target driven. Cannot attract dentists. As a dentist you are micromanaged. The only thing that is descent was the pay but you have to work twice as hard for this. Not worth the stress. I am glad I can now be in a position to say I do not recommend this company. I was advised not to work for them but I didn’t listen and was then tied down to a two year contract. I will now only be working for independent practice from now on after this horrible experience. I feel I have wasted my time and actually regressed in my company working for this company.

Pros

Pay*

Cons

Poor management

A bad place to work

My Dentist took over a wonderful dental practice I had worked in for 8 years, I have now worked in this same practice for 13 year's (5 year's for my Dentist)and thank heavens I will retire early next year worst company I have ever worked for

Cons

Stressful and badly paid but lovely people

I found this job to be asking a bit much from you. People expect you to have 8 arms and manage to do three jobs at once. The surgery i was im wasn't much help or support because they were short staffed i think this job overall deserves much more pay and most def a backing from the nhs! I was working long shifts sometimes over breaks and having to study on my day off it kind of consumed my life and that wasn't worth it for minimum wage

Pros

Working with nice people and patients

Cons

Pay

No support, no care

No support from management, and lack of care for employees a stressful job and expected to do a job that should be for two people. Low wages, and face only fit's if you are management favourite.

Pros

It's a job

Cons

Lack of care

They only care about money and meeting their organisation targets

An organisation only cares about making profits to meet their targets.That says it all!As a receptionist, with minimum pay, they want you to do the role of a secretary, an administrator, a sales person (they actually put you weekly targets).There is another of pressure to get people to their private service instead of support customers to get NHS treatment.

Poor practice practices

No one stays. Some know no better and put up. Management haven’t got a clue. Staff just go along with it. Put up shut up culture in a so called patient led care

Pros

Uniform

Cons

Not enough uniform

Under valued

Hugely overworked, and under paid. All management including area managers have zero clinical knowledge. Huge turnover in managers. Contstantly piling the pressure on clinical and admin staff with zero rewards and very little concern for the mental health and stress levels of their staff. Reception staff verbally abused and yelled at by patients on a daily basis with no support. New marketing to push for private patients, in the middle of a pandemic when admin and clinical staff are already pushed to capacity. Reception having to attemd remote weekly meeting with an area manager who pushed for private revenue, having to explain why, when you don't register enough new private patients, mystery calls being placed to practices on a weekly basis. A very stressful environment for a very low wage

Cons

Undervalued

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MyDentist. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2