Nacro
Happiness score is 62 out of 100

Nacro Employee Reviews

United Kingdom139 reviews

centreorganisationsupportsenioryoungrewardingstaffchallenging

It took 3 Months to have checks completed, however, there was a lot, to check!

As, Night Security Worker, I worked 10Hr. Shifts and that worked for me. A typical shift involves; Security checks of, premises, responding to noise issues and sometimes, Emergencies. Some, light cleaning duties (If, you clear up any mess you make, clean everyone is happy) Fire alarm activations and Welfare checks.The Staff I worked with were, brilliant and very helpful. The computer work is easy to navigate and essential for, Reference!Sometimes, the role can be demanding. Mostly, easy. Helping the Residents/Service Users, was the most enjoyable aspect of the role, however, do not get to friendly and keep a Professional approach to Nacro. You should then, be in a good role!

Pros

Suitable Hours

Cons

Can, be stressful at times!

Great environment

Very enjoyable job , supportive management. Down side is that salary very poor and doesn’t match level of responsibility . Lots of flexibility and no micro management

Insights into Nacro

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Good working staff knowledge

I think working for Nacro is good but don't see career progression certainly not where I work, but I guess if I were to move to another city the maybe

Pros

Client Group

Cons

Salary

Productive at times

On whole good place to work . Just needs more structure of role at times .Management need to be on ground level more to understand the barriers with prison work .

Pros

Hours and can work from home

Cons

High case loads

Hearing the voice of our SU's.

A company that is not only passionate about the work they do but their staff. A place where you know that the work you do is making a difference every day. Management Team are encouraging and supportive. Support is on offer to grow and develop your own skills. You are encouraged to explore and engage with new opportunities. We work with some complex individuals and Nacro is about ensuring we offer best practice to those in need. Their campaigns are a direct result of listening to the voices of our service users. The work we do isn't always easy, it isn't about ticking boxes but going the extra mile. It is a great environment to work in, a great workplace culture. There is no typical day, it is varied due to the cohort of SU we work with. The best part of the role is seeing the difference it makes to our SU.

Terrible , high staff turnover, low paid

The recruitment needs to stop employing young immature workers, ideally over 40 with real life experience not staff in the early 20s who have no experience or culture

Challenging but rewarding role

I would say that the majority of people work at Nacro, because they want to make a difference. I believe that you get back what you put in. Work hard, support peers and you will feel supported, appreciated and part of a bigger picture. There is good and bad in every workplace, however, my experience is that the majority of people here on all levels have good work ethic and are supportive. I have worked in different roles during my time at Nacro and each one has been a challenge, but very rewarding role. Staff do work hard, the pay isn’t the best, but certainly not the worst in the sector. As with all services working with vulnerable individuals, people and services are stretched.

Pros

Supportive colleagues across the business, Good multi-agency working, Career progression opportunities

Cons

Post vacancies meaning larger workloads for current staff

Great company to work!

This was my best job ever really enjoyed my time with Narco, moved on to earn more money which sometimes is not everything. Great management very supportive.

Build confidence and supportive team

Great ethos and team spirit. Hard work and challenging role but supportive management help work through and manage stress. Feel I am am helping peoples improve their life.

Pros

No two days are the same

Cons

Wage could be better

Nice staff

More listening needs of the employee. To much work on some staff. Good pay. Good holidays. Family flexibility. Downside also funding, never know if it's being renewed

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Workload

Fun and rewarding environment

Could be stressful at times of course but such wonderful staff and a fun environment at times as well! Would definitely recommended if you want to work in this line of work!

A unique company, very supportive of their staff

Nacro had a unique culture, supportive of staff as individuals and their work life balance. The company supports growth and learning, it’s a challenging bit very rewarding work place. No two days are ever the same, which makes it an exciting place to be!

Enjoyed my time there

I worked in Nacro for 6 years and only left when the contract ended. The job could be difficult, especially with government cuts and dwindling resources but I was part of a really good team. I was sad to leave

Don’t do it

My line manager is great. Hybrid working is good. Nacro have taken positions away to save money and dumped those jobs on frontlines staff . Disgraceful pay rates, no staff recognition . Wasting money on irrelevant things and generally do not offer a single thought to front line staff . Think an embarrassing 2.5 % pay increase is good when inflation has risen by 6%. Offer no help for offenders to move on and find work , no affordable rents to encourage and support move ins.

Pros

Hybrid working

Cons

No support or gratitude and extremely poor pay

Stressful, lack of advancement, limited Support

At least three different roles in one, Support Worker, property maintenance officer, rent arrears officer and pressure to find move on options for service Users, which should be a responsibility of the Ex offenders Probation officer, you be lucky if a Probation officer reply’s to your email enquires about the Service User. Limited actual support work with Services Users due to the amount of daily weekly paperwork, form filling, checklist/ action list, property contractor visits, cleaning of rooms and removing service Users personal belongings, energy meter readings, covering other properties. Senior management faceless, service leads non supportive and increase stressful working environment with constant emails or calls, poor IT systems always crashing, and can take up to a week to be rectified, which then leaves you to catch up on tasks for that week which management will pursue you until that have been completed.

Productive and Challenging

There is never a full moment in Nacro. You are constantly being pushed to do your very best to support the young peoples needs of the service and ensure the best outcomes for young people.

Staff Poorly valued & working in an archaic system.

The work can be chaotic, and there was no streamlining of record systems, but this is slowly changing.. No Policies to support new ways of working. Satff work hard at reducing voids, and rent arrears, and that is the main focus of work. Informal workplace which sadly lags behind other market leaders that have their fingers on the pulse with good ICT infrastructure, and much more engagement with staff. Staff work really hard, and have little recognition nor senior management support. Most used phrase amongst staff 'That's just Nacro'-usually in response to excessively slow responses to requests, or the little validation of staff voices. Busy workload. A lack of good staff support from HR and poor culture & understanding around some areas of disability and health being embeded into practice. Poor investment in staff development and training including career opportunities. It does not create a culture of good staff retention or validation of staff who work extremely hard.

Good company, enjoyable work

Worked with great team.Great relaxed atmosphereWork was varied and achievableFeel Nacro looks after staff. Management in my team were approachable and supportive.Work is rewarding and enjoyableOffered good training opportunities

Pros

Training Work load Culture

Cons

Salary

work life balance

great on nights nice and steady, daytime much buiser.great residents.great team.overtime available

Pros

the residents

Cons

part-time contracts not many full time

RubbishOverworkedUnder staffedToo many chiefs not enough indiansNo induction just thrown in to deep endSteer clear

No thought for new staff, no inductionIt equipment that does not do what it supppse to do.Ignorant management staffQuick to blame when managment dont have a clue themselves!

Pros

No pros

Cons

Meeting new people

Wish I'd never accepted the job

Would not recommend this organisation. It has been a bad experience from the minute I walked in. Absolutely no support or direction from management. They continued to employ incompetent people, and continue to ignore any issues that are highlighted. They need to review how they recruit people. And they need to address how they deal with staff stating they are stressed out. They need to treat their staff better. I have not had a supervision since I started 8 months ago. I did not receive an induction or any relevant training on the systems. I was just dumped in the deep end and expected to get on with it. I have not heard anything positive from anyone I have met, apart from a 1 senior manager.

Pros

Paid lunch hour, that you end up working through.

Cons

See review

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nacro. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Nacro with

• Nacro
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?