Nacro

Nacro Employee Reviews

I worked for Nacro in Manchester as a Housing Project Worker and met some amazing people. The staff and mangers are really committed and passionate about helping people to change their lives. I wouldn’t be where I am now in my career if I hadn’t worked for Nacro. Grateful for the opportunities and exposure they gave me.
Pros
Great people, good pay, good development opportunities. I found the managers to be very approachable and supportive.
Cons
Very busy all the time, the IT systems aren’t the best.
I have worked within the housing support sector for over 25years, the last 2.5 at Nacro. I can honestly say its the most disorganised place I have ever experienced. No support from management, only delegation. No structure in place at all, even the I.T system is wholey outdated and non secure, often losing irretrievable work freshly created...
Pros
Freedom to work from home
Cons
Far too much to list
I worked for Nacro in a number of roles over a number of years. I experienced a organisation that supported me and my personal/professional development. The team in the North West was supportive and gave me the confidence and training to do my role to the best of my ability to support those accessing services in most need. If anyone is looking for a career in support I would strongly recommend Nacro
Pros
supportive and professional
Respectful, considerate employees who care for their staff and work hard for the people in need of support. Makes every effort to support people and help them achieve a positive outcome.
Pros
Effective hard working organisation that does its best to achieve its goals.
Cons
I don't have a positive thing to say about the company, some of the staff are really horrible people, they is a click that exist within the company and they make up lies and false statements, really unprofessional and rude to the residents worse job i ever had.
I really enjoy my job its so rewarding, no two days are the same.My colleagues are on hand to help if needed.The management are very supportive and always give feedback.
Pros
Satisfaction
Cons
I've been an employee for 12 months and it's the best work environment I have experienced. Every day is different and working with all kinds of clients. The support is outstanding from colleagues and management. Partly office based and also visiting clients, although covid-19 has us now working from home.
Pros
Great team spirit and variety of skills
Cons
Honestly couldn't name any
This Charity takes money for looking after vulnerable adults but offers zero support.. Amazed how they get away with this... No support during covid 19 for staff, laid off without pay.. Don't bother if you're a caring support worker, these lot aren't..
Pros
Clients
Cons
Nacro isn't what it was. Don't ever expect a promotion unless the higher management like you as they are not fair when it comes it career progression. Higher management in the North (Essex) are appalling. One in particular often publicly humiliates staff in a full office regardless of how it makes people feel! Complaints have been made but yet nothing ever gets done about it. Why isn't Nacro asking why so many staff are leaving? Baffling! If they want you gone, your gone! No staff safety at all, lone working policies were just ridiculous as the solar protects we were given never worked, regardless of repeat asking for the product to be fixed oand/or training. All thats cared about is ticking boxes and filling out yet another spreadsheet. So much work duplication its ridiculous. No real support is avalible to tenants as you are forever trying to catch up with paperwork thats unrealistic and unreliable. Ict equipment and connectivity are a national problem never being able to complete the expected to do!
Great company to work for, completely supported by my managers. I have never worked for a company where the higher level management are truly interested in you as a person. Workplace culture is fun and engaging, always ready to listen to new ideas. Good work is recognised, love this job! I recommend this company if you are looking for a supportive place to work where work life balance is considered always. I work in a great team with a really fun supportive manager.
It is a Good place to learn mechanics and also get your maths and English qualifications. A typical day is; you go in at 9am, 9:20 ish. half of the ppl go up stairs to do academics and half go in the garage, with 2 10 min brakes, 12pm you get lunch, 12:40 you go back inside and switch the go home at 3.
14 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I hope the course went well.
I was only on a 3month temp assignment but found everyone throughout the organisation friendly and very helpful. This assisted me in completing my projects
6 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. We wish you every success for the future.
i studied at nacro for 2 years where i gained compitant with maths,english and employability skills. whilst studding at nacro i gained qualifications in the motorvehicle trade.
Pros
free lunches and knowledge of the workplace
Cons
it was only a collage and i wasnt getting paid enough to live on.
6 April 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I'm so glad to hear that you had a positive learning experience with us. We wish you all the very best in your future career.
Higher management are terrible,no support or guidance,unfair pay,zero equality, Overall a bad company to work for,lovely staff in the centre i worked in but if you ever need support or help for higher management be ready to let expectations fall. Alot expected for poor pay,unfair pay across the board and no explanation when challenged.
12 March 2020
I am really sorry to hear of your experiences at Nacro and that you feel that pay and equality was an issue. We pride ourselves on being very transparent with regards to our pay structure and always undertake an open and transparent view to the recruitment of staff including the advertising of the pay on offer. Nacro is an extremely diverse organisation which again prides itself on equality across the board and so I am surprised to hear that you felt this was not the case.
The pay is appalling. I can’t speak for Nacro nationally but Essex is incredibly poorly organised. I started and it took almost 6 weeks until I received a laptop and my log in details . I was based in north east Essex but was immediately sent south, 50 miles. Vulnerable people not being cared for consistently or properly
12 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback to us. I am very saddened to hear of your experience's with Nacro and will be forwarding your comments regarding the care of vulnerable people to the senior management team.
It is a great place to work with a relaxed culture and friendly teams. There is free parking and all management are available to help you progress within your chosen path.
4 February 2020
Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear you enjoy working with us and feel supported.
it was a great course i learnt how to change all sorts of car parts and also enjoyed working along side others were we could learn more from the experiance of someone else.
4 February 2020
Thank for your positive comments. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your course and benefitted from it.
Bullying culture and uncaring management. strange atmosphere from day one. started as a permanent staff member yet made redundant after eight months. Hard work does not get appreciated.
17 December 2019
I am really sorry to hear of your experiences with us and will be feeding this back to senior management.
Nacro has been a challenging yet rewarding opportunity, where i have learnt and developed new skills. I work within a team and casework 13 clients, who i support to move on to independent living.
17 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I am really pleased to hear of your positive and rewarding experience with us.
Good manager a little disappointed that i was denied a reference after contract ended whilst job hunting . Never mind . I was disappointed that the contract came to an end that was a little upsetting. My role was part time salary pro rata.
19 November 2019
Hi, I am really surprised to hear that you were denied a reference as this is not usual practice for Nacro as we offer all employees a reference. If you were a temporary agency worker via an employment agency however then we would expect the agency to provide a reference for you as your employer and not Nacro. I hope this helps?Kind regards
Great place to work, directors and managers who listen and take on board ideas and develop new was of working we do it well or not at all been asked back to work there 3 times
19 November 2019
Thank you for your positive comments and feedback. I will ensure this is fed back.
  1. Employee reviews