Nando's

United Kingdom1,475 reviews

Found 1,475 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,009 reviews

Fast paced but enjoyable

Featured review

Nando's selected this as a representative review
I’ve worked many places before but this is hands down the best place I’ve ever worked. If you’re not afraid of actually working hard & being a team player, this is the place for you. I honestly believe most people leave this job due to the ‘high work load’ but it’s always the ones who never want to work that complain, so don’t let that put you off if you know you work hard.

4 February 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Amazing to see 5 stars and you're loving your time as a Nandoca :-)

Really enjoyed my time with the company and would recommend to others! Free meals on shift and paid breaks, could get very busy and stressful at times but nothing unmanageable.

26 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars and you really enjoyed your time with us, we'll let the Bolton team know too. Hope all is well where you are now.

Insights into Nando's

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Fun place to work

Fun place to work pay could be slightly better, senior management team are fair and respectful, work life balanace is good but could be better, overall good place

25 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Great to see you had fun working with us, but you're welcome to drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk if you'd like to expand further on your comments. Hope all is well where you are now.

Decent job

Once you get the hang of it, it's okay! The company really cares about its employees and has good benefits. They're also flexible with how many hours you wanna work. The team was really welcoming and lovely too (except for one assistant manager).BUT In a fast paced environment and as a new member of the team, I felt like the training wasn't adequate and often found myself wanting more support from staff and not receiving any. Early starts, late finishes and pay doesn't reflect the work you do as a nandoca.

Pros

Free food!!!

Cons

Long shifts, little direction given to new starters

23 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review. Pleased to see you were a fan of the flexibility and free food, but you're welcome to drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk if you'd like us to look into your less positive comments further and get back to you about them. Hope all is well where you are now.

fun to work out

Nice place fun to work at would recommend as a first job the team is nice and friendly good atmosphere the restaurant doesnt close too late which is a plus good teamwork

23 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars across the board and you enjoyed working with your team, hope all is well where you are now.

Good co-workers but at times horrible management

Upsides: Good coworkers (Most of the time) and on shift food Downsides: Manager’s that expect the impossible, if your on a close don’t expect to go home till 1am-2am even if your shift finishes at midnight (Note: the store I worked at refused to follow many company wide policies but when the audit came about everything changed for a week and then went back to normal)If you start your shift around 5pm-6pm expect to have the area you work in be completely trashed by the staff eager to leave before the rush. Proper training wasn’t given as it was rushed and I was teaching new employees on my 4th week there on positions that I had only about 3-4 hours of training on(The head manager I had also loved to degrade his employees and berate them in front of customers)

Pros

Free on shift food

Cons

They expect way too much from their employees and have a lack of respect for them

23 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review. We'd like to look into your feedback further - can you please drop us an email with more detail to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk so we can look into your comments and get back to you?

fun workplace

Fun and easy job . People who work there including managers are all friendly and relaxed . Sometimes overwhelming when it gets busy however it’s nothing that can’t be handled . Shifts are flexible so suitable for students

20 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Great to see you had fun and enjoyed working with your team, hope all is well where you are now :-)

Nice

its great lovely place to work at and very easy to make friends can be very very tiring especially when you get long hours and you can finish very late but its a fun place to work at

20 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Great to see you had fun and made friends when working with us, but we'll make sure your feedback around hours is noted too. Hope all is well where you are now.

It's the people that keeps you going

I work in a team where it keeps me going no matter how stressful is it, but in real world, where we need to pay bills, look after our health, and have time for other things that is difficult to do. Work life balance is bad because of the long shifts, most of the time you'll be at work missing other life event. The pay wasn't great either considering the the stress and hard work of the job

Pros

Free Food

Cons

Long Hours, No Work life Balance

18 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review. Pleased to see you enjoyed working with your team, but we'll make sure your feedback around work/life balance is noted too. Hope all is well where you are now.

Hard work, very late hours but good pay

Working till past 2am most nights if you are a closer, extreme cleaning tasks every night, very busy shifts, good meal allowance for breaks, shifts can be long and tiring.

Pros

Good break allowance

Cons

Very late closes, long hours.

18 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Great to see you're a fan of the free food, but we'll make sure your feedback around cleaning is noted too. We would suggest speaking to your Patrao around your rota to see if they can help support with it, if necessary.

worst place iv worked

it was soo good at the start, but soon went downhill, you get treated so unfairly, get spoken to with no respect. If you're going through a tough time they truly cannot be arsed for you, they become un supportive, they are not supportive as the job description sells.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

managers

18 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review. We'd like to look into your feedback further - can you please drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more info so we can look into it and get back to you?

Fun workplace

Really Enjoy working there. Fun and sociable environment. Really good place for career progression in my opinion. Can transfer to different departments too.

16 May 2022
Morning, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars and you have fun working in Cobham, and appreciate the progression opportunities :-)

Stressful

I was constantly getting shouted at on my first because of small mistakes. I only had on day of training too.Some staff are supportive while others are tend to be quite mean

16 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review. We'd like to look into your comments further, can you please drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail so we can look into this and get back to you? Hope all is well where you are now.

Productive and friendly workplace

Great place to work , everyone is really friendly , pretty laid back , can be fast pace when busy . Free meal every shift . Management are nice and understanding about family ect

16 May 2022
Morning, many thanks for your review! Amazing to see 5 stars and you enjoy working with your team and Managers, and loving the free food :-)

Fun workplace and great people. Very flexible. Not a good salary.

Really good company to work for when you are a student and need flexible work. I met amazing people here and had a lot of fun. The company doesn't pay very well and everyone has the same salary even when your performance is better than others. They don't appreciate people that work hard and want to grow with the company.

16 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review. Great to see you appreciated the flexibility and had fun, but you're welcome to email us on HRsupport@nandos.co.uk if you'd like us to look into your comments around progression further. Hope all is well where you are now.

Trowbridge store toxic

Some stores are great with a family feel but trowbridge is vile and toxic. Management are useless and they can't staff a restaurant. Would not recommend.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Rubbish shifts

16 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review. We'd like to look into your feedback further - can you please drop us an email with more detail to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk so we can look into this and get back to you?

Loved it til they fired me illegally

I was fired for following gov guidelines to self isolate when my dad who I lived with he suspected covid. They said come into work and face a fine off the gov or get lost essentially. If you enjoy fearing for job security and wanna be fired illegally go for it cos the pay is decent but really not worth the rubbish they put me through and the year of financial duress during a pandemic.

23 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review - really sorry for the delay in responding. Can you please drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk about this so we can look into it further and get back to you?

Buena experiencia

Muy buen sitio. Trabajo que se aprende rápido y con buen trato por parte de los manager

Pros

Sueldo

Cons

Estresante en horas punta

23 May 2022
Hola, muchas gracias por su comentario, disculpe la demora en responder. Realmente genial ver que disfrutaste trabajar con tu equipo y Gerentes. Espero que todo esté bien donde estás ahora.

Fun workplace, great job for students

Great job, can get tiring depending on what restaurant you are work at overall best job I’ve had so far. I would definitely recommend it, especially to college / uni students. Very Flexible.

10 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars and you're a fan of the flexibility, and it's the best job you've had so far :-)

Great company to work for especially for first time job

I have been with Nandos for over 5 years now it was my first proper job and I've loved every bit of it. The company is great to work for very family oriented vibe, so its great fun with friends.The hours are okay I do feel it can get very unsociable at time especially when your doing 12 hour shifts every day and work most nights. But as a first job its great fun and I've learnt a lot and developed a lot as a person thanks to my job.Great Benefits of work are free food every shift, and discounts throughout the week outside of work. Also you get a 4 week fully paid holiday outside of holiday hours for every 5 years worked for the company.In summary its a very good job especially for students and people who want to progress.

10 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars and you're a fan of the perks, but we would suggest speaking to your Patrao around your rota if you need support with it, if necessary.

Stressful but management are easy going

All about family values, can be stressful and is very fast paced. Flexible hours so easy to work around college/uni and good benefits, food allowance and discounts on food.

9 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Great to see you're a fan of the flexibility and the values, and the free food :-)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Nando's with

• Nando's
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?