Nando's

Found 1,496 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,040 reviews
rotafreeunsociablemealnandocasfoodnandocarestaurant

Fast paced but enjoyable

Featured review

Nando's selected this as a representative review
I’ve worked many places before but this is hands down the best place I’ve ever worked. If you’re not afraid of actually working hard & being a team player, this is the place for you. I honestly believe most people leave this job due to the ‘high work load’ but it’s always the ones who never want to work that complain, so don’t let that put you off if you know you work hard.

4 February 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Amazing to see 5 stars and you're loving your time as a Nandoca :-)

It’s a fun place to work at.

The management and organisation of the workplace could be better. Some managers could be nicer and speak to the staff like they’re normal human beings instead of threatening to “let them go”. Communication should be top priority in a job like Nandos.

29 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review. We'd like to look into your feedback further - can you please drop us an email with more detail to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk so we can look into it and get back to you? Hope all is well where you are now.

Insights into Nando's

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues

Decent place to work

Is a good job if you wanted to be treated badly by management (not all) They don't resolve issues within store and there is a lot of favoritism within the store. However they are really supportive with mental health and will do there best to help and seek advice for you.

28 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review. Great to see you feel supported but we'd like to look into your less positive comments further - can you please drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more info so we can look into it and get back to you?

Good amazing busy atmosphere for a workplace

Good lovely environment and team to work for and busy all the time and good set amount of hours and weekly pay which was good . Good team to work with and always had a laugh

Pros

Free meal on every shift good pay & hours

Cons

Working late to tidy & clean up to about 2/3am

28 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Amazing to see 5 stars great to see you enjoyed working with your team and the free food, but we'll make sure your feedback around hours is noted too. Hope all is well where you are now.

Fun but very stressful

I have worked for Nandos for 7 years, I loved the job as I learned and developed myself a lot while working here, started as a nandoca and progressed to supervisor after roughly about 3 years. There were a lot of parties and events, i honestly met a lot of amazing people , however what made me eventually quit is that I didn’t really have a good life-work balance, I was overworked and stressed and the pay wasn’t enough for me to sacrifice any more years.

23 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review. Great to see you enjoyed your time with us and appreciated the progression opportunities, but we'll make sure your feedback around work/life balance is noted too. Hope all is well where you are now.

Stressful but rewarding

The hardest part would definitely be when the restaurant gets busy and often times you are expected to be fulfilling many roles quickly but front of house is not too badthe thing that I disliked most was training back of house and everyone guiding you differently and then when you do something one way someone will correct you again and againoverall a very nice team and atmosphere

21 June 2022
Morning, many thanks for your review! Pleased to see you enjoyed working with your team but you're welcome to drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk if there's anything around your less positive comments you'd like us to look into further. Hope all is well where you are now.

Stressful but fun

I loved working here especially during the first couple months but it does get very stressful as time goes on. They’re very strict about time off for holidays or sickness. The management team needs a lot of improvement since even the deliveroo drivers have noticed how bad it is.

21 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review. We'd like to look into your feedback further - can you please drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail so we can look into it? Hope all is well where you are now.

dont work at nandos if you want to be treated well

I work in Nando's, its too hot in the summer, its too cold in the winter, overworked, understaffed, managers don't put enough staff on during shifts and we have one person doing a two person job, i.e. takeaway station while other Nando's typically have 2 people doing it, takeaway for one person is too much to handle, managers are rude and overall not nice, pressure workers into paying shortages of the till, even if they have no grounds to do so, pay is okay but my managers refuse to put me up on the same wage as someone the same age as me working the same position as me for roughly the same time. Contant high pressure, constantly understaffed, job hours are unsociable so there isn't much space for social life if you are a full time nandoca, shifts are sometimes disorganised, some workers get away with being lazy and making newer employees do all the work, going to work feels like a chore and coming home feels like relief. The managment needs work and need to stop being so harsh on the workers because although its a business environment, a manager is not meant to be rude and mistreating, they are meant to be supportive and direct us in work, sometimes when you ask managers for help they will just ignore you, it takes forever to book a holiday because managers dodge booking holidays, they dont read whatsapp text messages usually, or atleast not within the same week, managers are not very helpful on weekends. If someone calls in sick you are expected to pick up all of their work. If you leave at 10 and the closer calls in sick you need to get all of your jobs and theirs finished -

23 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review. We're sorry to read your comments and would like to look into them further - can you please email us on HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail so we can look into this and get back to you?

Great place to work at

Absolutely fantastic. Best restaurant chain I worked at. Can recommend to anyone. Manager griller or waiter you will not regret working for nandos. Fun to be part of the family.

20 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars and you're loving being an AM in Thanet :-)

best place to work

Great place to work , Excellent company to grow up. This days nando's is very careful about staff's work satisfaction . If you’re not afraid of actually working hard & being a team player, this is the place for you.

20 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars and you're loving your time with us :-)

So far the best job I've had

Nando's really put development at the forefront - they will always support you to progress and cross-train. It was a work hard - play hard environment and successes were celebrated.The hardest part of the job was long closes, especially before an audit. Sometimes customers were difficult to appease.

Pros

coworkers and a supportive management team

Cons

long hours, demanding customers

20 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review. Really great to see 5 stars and you appreciated the development opportunities, but we'll make sure your feedback around hours is noted too. Hope all is well where you are now.

Great place to Work

Relaxed fun atmosphere with great progression if desired currently pays minimum wage to all 18 year old and above - perks of the job include staff nights out and team building which makes work worthwhile

Pros

Free food

Cons

Can get stressed

20 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars and you're loving life as a Patrao :-)

Fun

Nice place to work, management is lovely, always room for growth within the business. Good pay! have the chance to travel to south Africa. Flexbility in working hours.

20 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars and you appreciated the flexibility and travelling opportunities, hope all is well where you are now.

Very stressful

If you want to be miserable and stressed out for an extended period of time work here. Would NOT recommend job to anyone with mobility issues or issues with standing for long periods of time,I.e. chronix back/leg/hip pain etc. Only do this job if you can't find anything else. I want better for all of you.

Pros

Free lunch, subsidised meals

Cons

Longs hours, very short and over policed breaks, even when working double shifts

20 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review. Sorry to see you didn't love your time with us, can you please tell us more via HRsupport@nandos.co.uk so we can look into it? Hope all is well where you are now.

cool team and productive

very simple job and easy loved every second of it. day consists of cooking food, chicken and grilling. Most enjoyable part is when everyone is working together at times when its really busy

20 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars and you loved every second :-) hope all is well where you are now.

Good team

Good job as a way to kake easy money, progression easy when there are opportunities, good vibes with the team, management care and look after everyone, company benefits such as nights out events family day etc

Pros

free food on shift

14 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Great to see you're a fan of the free food and progression opportunities, as well as working with your team :-)

Really nice place to work

Great for a first job, too. Lovely environment, you have an interview through a discovery day (a trial on the area you’d be on, like floor or grills). I really enjoyed my time there. I was on floor as a waitress, customers are rude but the team is lovely. Lots of you and a real family feel. I then moved to back of house. Easy progression, became a buddy after 9 months. Really supportive workplace.

Pros

Free meal on shift, 40% off food, easy progression, nice workplace

Cons

fast paced, long hours (finish at 11pm a lot), rude customers, no false lashes or nails for girls!!

13 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Great to see 5 stars across the board and you felt supported to progress, but we'll make sure your feedback around hours is noted too. Hope all is well where you are now.

fun

long hours however the team is great and there and the pay is alright for a job you do on the side especially if you are at school or university. i would reccomend

Pros

free lunch

9 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see you recommend us and enjoyed the free food, but we'll make sure your feedback around hours is noted too. Hope all is well where you are now.

Overworked and unappreciated

Very overworked especially if you are under 18, management are rude and bully staff. very stressful environment to be in, negative attitudes throughout the shop whether that's customers or employees.

6 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review. We'd like to look into your feedback further - can you please email us on HRsupport@nandos.co.uk with more detail so we can look into it and get back to you? Hope all is well where you are now.

Value driven company

Most companies have values, Nando's activity try to live them Sense of job securityLack of skill based training the higher up you go. The soft skills you gain are fantastic but you need more than that for everyone to work to a similar standard

Pros

Free food

Cons

Managers expected to work a lot of hours

6 June 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review! Really great to see 5 stars and you enjoyed the free food, but we'll make sure your feedback around hours is noted too. Hope all is well where you are now.

good

nice officefree luncheslots of work to dotravel once a year to a destination of departments choosing for couple of days for freeparty culturefun people to work with

Pros

free lunch

Cons

not very professional

31 May 2022
Hey, many thanks for your review. Great to see you enjoyed the free food and the team trips, but you're welcome to drop us an email to HRsupport@nandos.co.uk if you'd like to discuss anything around your less positive comments further. Hope all is well where you are now.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nando's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Nando's with

• Nando's
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?