National Deaf Children's Society

National Deaf Children's Society Employee Reviews

Great Workplace

Wonderful Supporter Care Team. Excellent benefits and important support given to deaf children and there families. It is a very high pressure environment but appropriate training is provided and the teams are helpful and collaborative.

Really enjoyed it here

Great Charity, very relaxed and welcoming. A pleasant experience. If you were looking for an environment with not too much pressure and someplace where quality over quantity with regards to work presented is appreciated this is the place for you

brilliant

deaf friends good working they have a food support of staff. like working here. i sm glsf to work here. i hope to work here for more time in the future.

Productive and Fun

A typical day at work is quite fun but very tiring for me. Our job required us to walk around in the street of London to get sign-ups for our charity. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction I had with the staff. They are really friendly and quite supportive.

Pros

few hours

Cons

Gets tiring if you have any physical injury

Horrible rude snobby grad students

horrible staff and management, very unfriendly. No job security, low pay - do not work here - waste of time. Staff do not like to mix with anyone other then themselves. Stay in their little groups.

Cons

A typical day at work started at 9am until 6pm and I and the team would travel to different venues across london talking to potential donors who could help support our cause.

Hard work but worth it

Grew a lot in confidence. A typical day at work was travelling on the train to the site and then meeting targets for the day. Up tempo, have to have a lot of motivation. Good fun.

Pros

Good friends

Cons

Rejection

Very professionally run charity offering volunteer work on events

Events are run throughout the year for Deaf children. These can include one-day sports or outdoor activities, first time away from home weekends, other weekend holidays, or week-long residential holidays. All are great fun for the children and young people and for the volunteers.Training is offered: basic skills and policies that new volunteers need to know, more advanced training for more experienced volunteers who are looking to take on more responsibility, and many more training sessions such as autism awareness, first aid, epi pen training, and NAPPI skills.Volunteering on events and helping to look after children, give encouragement, and sometimes dealing with challenging behaviour is not an easy task, but I've enjoyed every single event.

Pros

all expenses are covered, i.e. travelling and food, and accommodation for residential events.

Cons

it's often hard work, but that makes it all the more worth it.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at National Deaf Children's Society?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Deaf Children's Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement