National Nuclear Laboratory

National Nuclear Laboratory Employee Reviews

NNL has a very welcoming environment for its new starters, the work done by NNL is very interesting and provides lots of opportunity for development for young people looking to make a strong start in any future career. Every team i have been involved with have the best interests of their own team members and support them as best as possible.
Lovely place to work, enthusiastic like minded colleagues. Secure jobs, flexible working, nice people. Good work culture and good resources to carry out work successfully.
Good team to work with and a good relationship with the operations team. the project teams were covering many different aspects of general engineering along with nuclear safety.
The culture is very bad and a lot of politics and if you can not play along office politics you are out of the door. I left as I was not comfortable with the office politics and the culture. The management and the Project Management Authority are worst. A lot of people have left and will continue leaving and management seems not to bother to look into the reasons people are leaving. Worst place to work.
Pros
Not a good company
Cons
Poor managment, bad culture and bullying by PMA
Generally okay place to work. Diversity was shocking. I try not to think of it as a reason for my redundancy.Sadly experienced some snobbish people. Generally didn't find my time there comfortable. Politics at senior level affected projects and thus contract lengths were reduced. My short interaction with the CEO was pleasant which was a saving grace. Would I work there again? I'm not so sure.
Wasn't the best company I have worked for. producing a form to write a form. frustrating to be able to get any work done. The culture was poor. got told on a number occasions I was a square peg trying to fit in to a round hole . Wow
Pros
Gained experience in that indusrty
Cons
Bad management exerperience
lots of great people at NNL sadly the current culture feels quite abrasive and lots of people are looking to leave. The physical working environment isn't great - office can be noisy Office looks tired and lack of meeting spaces
I really enjoyed the technical aspect of my work and most of my work was technical. I had a great time with the team in Reactor Analysis The company is really good. Good T&Cs. I got five days honeymoon leave - no one does that! Good progression and opportunity to become chartered with the Institute of Physics. I understand that other institutes are just as accessible.
Pros
Not allowed to bring work home (for some projects)
Supporting colleagues with day to day and longer term support for ERP system and all aspects of IT including hardware and software, liaising with external support providers where necessary. Administrating all a team requirements including meeting and travel arrangements.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
upper management not listening
As the chinese proverb states beware of interesting times. The government will need to make its decision soon on nuclear power for the UK and this will affect the NNL
Pros
Lovely place to work in the summer
Cons
Horrible and cold in the winter
This was a work placement so would be unfair to give a review on whether it is a good or bad place to be employed, but I enjoyed my short time there.
Professional, enjoyable workplace. Working hand in hand with Sellafield Ltd.