National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco Employee Reviews for Service Technician

every day was busy till oil price went down , management is not bad , some of co-workers are friendly and always happy to help , best part of the job was to learn new tools
Pros
short day
Management never seen, supervisors who barely speak to you and don't know the tools, only in a supervisory position because they came from a company that was bought over. No direction or leadership, can do what you want. Not treated very well, no infrastructure to help you do your job. Never seen a place where everyone is out for themselves more than here. I have always heard terrible things about NOV but didn't believe it until I seen it for myself. Please take my word, do not work for NOV, its reputation for treating staff bad is well merited.
Pros
None.
Cons
Management, attitudes, a ship adrift at sea.
Once I'm into my job, I ensure an assessment of the work and area is done for safety porpose, then go through the jobs that has to be done for the day. Working here has taught me that safety is of highest importance. On a day to day basis I follow what jobs the supervisor has ordered so as to create a continuum and ecourage the smooth operation of the job. I work well as a part of a team. In my job I don't find that there are any hard areas, however I do find it a challenge when we have to wait for unavailable equipment to carry out a specific job.What I enjoy most about my job is getting the job done on time and having happy customers.
Pros
half hour
Cons
9 hours
Jobs at National Oilwell Varco