National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco Culture reviews

Not much training when you start your role and you just have to learn everything yourself as you go. Very much a blame culture, no one looks for solutions when things go wrong they just look to point their fingers at someone!
Pros
Good company benefits
Cons
Blame culture
There is a very clique culture at Nov. If your particular manager puts you in his, you are pretty much ok. If not, you constantly fighting for your own job at every round of redundancies
It was a pleasure working at NOV, I was only temping but learnt a lot in a short period of time. Friendly and helpful colleagues. Great work environment. I'd love to work there again.
It was a good place to work for many years. I had lots of great colleagues and we worked hard to deliver a good product to our customer and meet tight deadlines.
Well established company, compressed working hours scheme, great benefits, full training provided outstanding management, overall company is the place to be.
Pros
Every other friday off
Cons
A very eventful place to work, great team spirit across all divisions, someone was always able to help you when you got stuck with anything. Met some really great people while I worked here.
Whilst i enjoyed my actual job i believe that management had a low opinion of time served people and because of this started employing semi skilled which led to an inferior product which in turn in my opinion aided the start of redundancies and even the thread of closure which it is under now. Although i am from an engineering background I learned quite a lot about high pressure testing in relation to their product. The culture within the workforce was in general to do their job to the best of their ability. The worst part of the job was being rushed in order to get the product out the door. The most enjoyable was workmates whom all respected each other.
Pros
medical insurance & decent pension.
Cons
Management attitude to shop floor workers
always working to deadlines, helping colleagues if they need help. I am always eager to learn new roles and help out other departments with staff covering I enjoy booking courses for the offshore workers
Pros
good colleagues
excellent teamwork good management Structured day at work Up-to-date training in health & safety, 5S, slinging and lifting
A tough company to work for with the current climate. Poor management and little room for progression, salary is a little below competitive.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at National Oilwell Varco?
Energy required to get through days, always working close with staff/workshop personnel to ensure we met daily schedules/targets.
Pros
Achieving goals
Cons
high pressure envirionment
My co-workers at NOV were very helpful and supportive . The work was varied and there was very tight deadlines . There was no typical day
Everyday is a busy day at NOV, satisfying the requirements of our customers, in our industry (Oil & Gas) reaction & on time delivery of our products is essential, our office is very well managed with a strong commitment from all staff who get on well both inside & out of the work place. There is also a strong emphasis on training to help staff to better understand the products/equipment that we supply. The most enjoyable part of my job is passing on the knowledge & information I have learned in order to help my fellow colleagues.
mye bøying av rør og montering av hydrauliske komponenter. lært masse hydraulikk og mekanisk arbeid. min nærmeste ledelse har jeg hatt godt samarbeid med. folkene jeg jobber med har vært veldig hyggelig og jeg har trivdes godt med de. det vanskeligste med jobben er venting på deler og tegninger.
Pros
gode pensjons og forsikrings ordninger.
Good company systems and practices are being reviewed to make them more competitive. overall going in the right direction to compete with the best intentions of being a worldclass business
every day was busy till oil price went down , management is not bad , some of co-workers are friendly and always happy to help , best part of the job was to learn new tools
Pros
short day
No day ever the same, lots of training opportunities. Work in a helpful and efficient department. Compliance procedures becoming more and more prevalent, always learning.
Pros
Training, friendly
Cons
Lack of staff
Usually a busy day at work with challenges that keeps it interesting. A good team to work with and good working culture. A good company to work with.
Very good to place to work, with excellent staff, benifits & conditions.
Pros
work force