National Rifle Association

National Rifle Association Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom19 reviews

Unique environment

Often disorganised and unprofessional, however this suited the type of work and people they were employing (unfortunately) mistakes were common with working timetables.

blimey

...they have no idea how a kitchen works and they offer of support that is just rubbish just management speak .ive seen this job advertised quite a few times over the past couple of years and wondered why...now i know.. i have run the kitchen the past seven months i am still working there having handed my notice in ..trust me it its not worth it. they have how a kitchen works no idea and will run you into the ground.

Insights into National Rifle Association

Areas for improvement
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

A great place to work

It is a great place to work. You learn new skills and build on your confidence. The team is friendly, supportive and encouraging. Everyone works well together both within their department and across others. I would recommend The NRA UK as a place to work if you are looking for a friendly, busy and pleasant atmosphere.

Fantastic Team!

Great company to work for and feel very much part of a good strong committed team. Very unique role and is unlike any job I have done previously. It’s also enjoyable and you do receive genuine recognition for hard work, I’m very happy here!!

Amazing workplace!

The NRA has a great working atmosphere. There are a lot of negative reviews on here, seem to be disgruntled employees. I really enjoyed my time at the NRA. If you work hard you will be very welcome there and you can expect to progress within the company.

A great place for people with no ambition in life

If you like working hard for low pay, while watching managers do no work for higher pay then this is the place for you. If you don't mind others taking credit for your hard work then this is the place for you. If you like being gossiped about behind your back, then this is definitely the place for you. If you want to stand around talking all day with your mates...apply for a job as a manager!If you choose to work for the NRA it will help if you like sci-fi, because staff development is an alien concept here. If your face doesn't fit you won't last long at the NRA, but you will get to come back to this jobsite and suddenly understand why there are so many negative reviews.

Pros

Getting to leave early any day because the manager has no concept of what constitutes real work

Cons

None, it's been awesome!

Be carefull and read reviews

If you choice to join the nra be careful turn over of staff is veey high , 75+ in last two years. no progression for staff, no training or starting packages, health and safety out of date by 5 years or none, bad culture with no effort to change the way things are done, they have poor processes and planning, staff undervalued, if you are a temp you will get no training , they also sake most of their staff in October so becarfull long term . No covid process for staff is inforced . The rest rooms should be class as derelict they have trees growning through the roof . Their is a lot more I could say

Pros

Cons

Mangers pay facilities

Shocking management

Wish I’d read the reviews before joining. Management are disrespectful towards employees . Two faced towards staff & have no personal management skills . Play staff against each other, not a great working environment

Pros

Cons

Too many to mention

Basic management principles not met

Working within middle management to find upper management was lacking basic management principles such as constructive feedback, training and guidance. The culture is one of projecting blame to cover managerial inadequacies. This promoted stress and an abundance of unhappy and demotivated staff and a demoralized working environment. When confronted with issues management would detract and avoid responsibility at every turn, often blaming lazy staff for their inability to train and advise for an acceptable solution. As once described before the attitude of the upper management tiers is Toxic and unhealthy. The site is lacking many basic Health and Safety requirements which is scary for a shooting range and staff amenities is almost nonexistent. The individual members of staff are hard working and eager but regularly beaten down mentally and demotivated. I enjoyed working outside as it was a welcome change to the horse excrement excreted by management.

no progression

dont work here if your face doesnt fit you wont last long, most staff will last less than two years.they have no intention of correct industry protocols or procedures.very clique.

Pros

Cons

nasty work environment

Toxic miserable stuffy rude arrigant

Think the title said it all. I lasted four days. Being hauled in by the CEO and spoken to like a piece of rubbish. The two others in the office hated each other, gossiped constantly, a very depressing place to be run by rude arrogant people. You really need to conform here. No room to be myself. Constantly walking on eggshells.

Toxic!

If you are a lazy gossiping person that likes to cause trouble you will fit in perfectly. If you are hard working and want to progress forget a job at the NRA. The environment is toxic, the management are a joke and all the best people have left.

Range

Unorganised and often things are done last minute. No relationship between staff. If if you don’t fit their pompas culture you’re made to feel left out. Management are a joke. Wages are shocking for the work! Expectations of such a badly ran company are hilarious. Avoid this place at all cost if you wish to keep your sanity and respect.

Pros

Cons

Almost everything in the job

High preasure

A tough place to work with long hours of heavy lifting and being on your feet. But rewarding if you're dedicated and good at the job with tips from grateful patrons.

Pros

Workout

Cons

Bad back

Good

interesting and fun place to work, a lot of freedom with working hours and often will be working with friends. Although a difficult place to commute to with no car or other transport.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Difficult to secure work

A Good First Job

This is a great job, which enables workers to be independent. A typical day requires 8 hours work, 4 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon, however if your shooter finishes early, you finish earlier.

Fun workplace but challenging

Each day at the ranges differs, it may be a hard day or easy day. The targets may be hard to pull down but if your with the right people, the day will go fairly quick. The management is good and if you need help it will be at hand, you learn about new people, you talk through a radio to the firing point which can be funny if you have a good shooter and you may be tipped for good marking!

Pros

Can work when you want to, if they have the work avaliable

Cons

Physically hard pulling down targets

Exciting and sociable workplace

I enjoyed my time working for the NRA greatly, we were given plenty of autonomy and I spent most of my time working close alongside friends, it was a very sociable job. I have worked here since I was 14 years old and have ever since, however it was difficult management and after six years I have yet to see any advancement.

Pros

good hours, sociable work.

Cons

Difficult management and trouble with progression.

Great Workplace

Friendly staff easy to get along with. Flexible hours, basically work whenever you want. Over all a pleasure to work at.

Pros

Work outside

Cons

Short Lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Rifle Association. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

National Rifle Association reviews by location

• National Rifle Association
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?