National Theatre

National Theatre Employee Reviews

Best Place I've worked

I was a casual worker from mid 2017 up to September 2020, I was let go after the furlough got cut.The place and people were really fun. Staff are well taken care of. We had sizeable locker/changing room, showers, own staff canteen and fully functioning bar. My work was split between the cafes, bars, outdoor pop ups in summer and various bits and pieces . If you look for opportunity, you can make a lot of money! I would like to return in a different capacity, maybe in a few years!

Pros

Food vouchers, generous pay

Cons

not enough progression in my area but still had plenty to do

Hard work, fun people

Working at the theatre bars was challenging but I found learning about the theatre environment interesting. My colleagues were mostly nice and occasionally see famous actors/people!

Pros

Free tickets to shows

Cons

Not much opportunity to advance

Good

It was good place to work and gain experience. I had a lot of good times and it helped me immensely with my career progression. Would recommend if you get the opportunity

Pros

In centre of london

Cons

In centre of london

Productive and learning

I really enjoyed my time there. I met some interesting people and they took the time to explain things well. there are many opportunities for growth at national theatre.

challenging, fast paced envirnment

a complex mix of departments wokng together, with lots of on site problem solving. communication and teamwrok are essential as well as being a quick study and a safe work practitioner.

creative

a great place to work if you you work in theatre, competitive. relaxed and safe atmosphere, long hours and lots of evening and weekend work. safe working environment

Welcoming Environment of Passionate Professionals

The people at the National Theatre care about customer satisfaction and art accessibility, and are driven to give their community the best opportunities to see public performances.

Casual, well paid, flexible, easy work

This is a good, well paid and easy casual job. You check tickets, usher patrons, bartend, sell snacks. You pick up rubbish at the end of shift. For most of the shift, you watch the show.

National theatre

Great place to work fun kind people to work around or with to result of working hard pays of in building as u can get extra hours if u are willing to put hard work in

extremely fun workplace

A typical day at work for me would include interacting with not only customers but colleagues, giving my best always and learning from my surroundings. I became more aware of the different roles a workplace like a theatre can have. Management can be like challenging and requires are lot of skills to overcome. The hardest part of this job would have to be dealing with the more complicated clients and their concerns. the most enjoyable part of this job would be the people who work there.

Pros

watching some of the performances

Jobs at National Theatre

See more jobs

About working in National Theatre

I have to make the program for the theatre, to represent the theatre in the relationship with officials and all the orthers around, I have to do the artistical view for the seasons....

Fun Exciting workplace

Learning how the company runs and what it takes to keep such a well known place like that as exciting as possible, colleagues are helpful and understanding helping you get the most out of your experience.

Pros

Amazing atmosphere

Cons

tiring work

Úžasné pracovní místo

V rámci Londýna to byla jedna z nejlepších prací. Možnost směn byla skvělá. Parta lidí byla skvělá. Lokalita taktéž a bonusy a benefity byly velmi příjemné.

Pros

možnost vybírání směn, slevy na lístky, občerstvení

Productive and supportive workplace

Productive and supportive workplace. Creatively inspiring, learned a lot during my time. Deadlines were tight as expected but the working environment was joyfully collaborative.

enthusiastic and encouraging

i was given incredible education and opportunities whilst here, ones i couldn't have imagine id be so lucky to be involved in. loved every second of it.

Most Fun, Activity-packed group work experience in theatre I've done

Everyday was well organised, structured and planned. We knew what we were doing at all times and learnt soft skills applicable to every job. Theatre based/ Front of House activities included set designing, catering skills and customer service skills.

Creative, busy, friendly

Audiences coming to the National Theatre are able to see a huge variety of performances and make use of the bars and restaurants inside so it's a really buzzy, creative vibe and the staff are really friendly and helpful.

enjoyable place to work

Fantastic place to work with a great group of people. It was such a good place to work you didn't mind working weekends Or even working overtime, getting to work on scenarios and then seeing the actors use it

Pros

great place to work

Fun and great team

National Theatre is a great place to work to have a great experience of working with interesting people and learning about theatre. Lots of staff benefits including tours and tickets.

This job is for Retirees/College Students

Working at this theatre is not stressful at all. I learned that as long as you respect everyone,they will respect you. The Managers at this Theatre are great to work with. This Theatre presents Broadway Shows. There is nothing hard about working at this Theatre. Meeting people from all over the world.

Pros

Good job for Retirees, College Students

Cons

no where to park without getting a ticket.

It was a completley new thing.

Started work there from college for work experience. It was something very new that I had never done before but it was relevant to my Art and Design course. I really enjoyed the team work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Theatre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2