National Theatre

National Theatre Employee Reviews in London

Hard work, fun people

Working at the theatre bars was challenging but I found learning about the theatre environment interesting. My colleagues were mostly nice and occasionally see famous actors/people!

Pros

Free tickets to shows

Cons

Not much opportunity to advance

Good

It was good place to work and gain experience. I had a lot of good times and it helped me immensely with my career progression. Would recommend if you get the opportunity

Pros

In centre of london

Cons

In centre of london

Productive and learning

I really enjoyed my time there. I met some interesting people and they took the time to explain things well. there are many opportunities for growth at national theatre.

creative

a great place to work if you you work in theatre, competitive. relaxed and safe atmosphere, long hours and lots of evening and weekend work. safe working environment

National theatre

Great place to work fun kind people to work around or with to result of working hard pays of in building as u can get extra hours if u are willing to put hard work in

extremely fun workplace

A typical day at work for me would include interacting with not only customers but colleagues, giving my best always and learning from my surroundings. I became more aware of the different roles a workplace like a theatre can have. Management can be like challenging and requires are lot of skills to overcome. The hardest part of this job would have to be dealing with the more complicated clients and their concerns. the most enjoyable part of this job would be the people who work there.

Pros

watching some of the performances

Fun Exciting workplace

Learning how the company runs and what it takes to keep such a well known place like that as exciting as possible, colleagues are helpful and understanding helping you get the most out of your experience.

Pros

Amazing atmosphere

Cons

tiring work

enthusiastic and encouraging

i was given incredible education and opportunities whilst here, ones i couldn't have imagine id be so lucky to be involved in. loved every second of it.

Most Fun, Activity-packed group work experience in theatre I've done

Everyday was well organised, structured and planned. We knew what we were doing at all times and learnt soft skills applicable to every job. Theatre based/ Front of House activities included set designing, catering skills and customer service skills.

Fun and great team

National Theatre is a great place to work to have a great experience of working with interesting people and learning about theatre. Lots of staff benefits including tours and tickets.

Jobs at National Theatre

in London
See more jobs

Fun workplace

A great place to work. Community feel. Creative building. Hard working staff. Organised and structured work place. Supports local community. Interesting project. Internal Jobs.

Pros

High pay, free tickets

Cons

Zero hour contract

Exciting but Unbalanced

Working backstage at the National Theatre has been an exciting yet challenging experience. I have gained key skills in team work, building professional relationships with a variety of personalities and have been given the opportunity to lead. Daily, I carry out costume maintenance duties, for example, laundering, alterations, costume checks and backstage presets. The hardest part of the job is the work/life balance because of the unsociable hours. Not enough holiday or organisation is in place to work around this issue. Also, job security is a problem due to a cut in the arts industry by the government therefore no permanent positions have been available for a long time. The most enjoyable part of the job is constantly being inspired by the minds of great directors, designers and performers. A great perk is free and discounted theatre tickets.

Pros

Free or discounted tickets, teamwork, exciting environment and creativity.

Cons

Unsociable hours, underpaid and job security.

A work placement

A really interesting work placement at the National Theatre on the Southbank where I got to experience each of the departments and to work with the public.

mixed duties

different hours, never can plen ahead management unprofessional

Cons

very short hours

fun and productive

it helped me gain more experience in customer service, it helped me with my communication skills and was really good.

Relaxed but hectic

Enjoyied the varity of day to day work load.Organising Events and day to day running of venue.

Pros

subised canteen

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Theatre. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2