National Theatre logo

National Theatre Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.6Pay & benefits

Good

It was good place to work and gain experience. I had a lot of good times and it helped me immensely with my career progression. Would recommend if you get the opportunity

Pros

In centre of london

Cons

In centre of london

Productive and learning

I really enjoyed my time there. I met some interesting people and they took the time to explain things well. there are many opportunities for growth at national theatre.

creative

a great place to work if you you work in theatre, competitive. relaxed and safe atmosphere, long hours and lots of evening and weekend work. safe working environment

National theatre

Great place to work fun kind people to work around or with to result of working hard pays of in building as u can get extra hours if u are willing to put hard work in

extremely fun workplace

A typical day at work for me would include interacting with not only customers but colleagues, giving my best always and learning from my surroundings. I became more aware of the different roles a workplace like a theatre can have. Management can be like challenging and requires are lot of skills to overcome. The hardest part of this job would have to be dealing with the more complicated clients and their concerns. the most enjoyable part of this job would be the people who work there.

Pros

watching some of the performances

enthusiastic and encouraging

i was given incredible education and opportunities whilst here, ones i couldn't have imagine id be so lucky to be involved in. loved every second of it.

Exciting but Unbalanced

Working backstage at the National Theatre has been an exciting yet challenging experience. I have gained key skills in team work, building professional relationships with a variety of personalities and have been given the opportunity to lead. Daily, I carry out costume maintenance duties, for example, laundering, alterations, costume checks and backstage presets. The hardest part of the job is the work/life balance because of the unsociable hours. Not enough holiday or organisation is in place to work around this issue. Also, job security is a problem due to a cut in the arts industry by the government therefore no permanent positions have been available for a long time. The most enjoyable part of the job is constantly being inspired by the minds of great directors, designers and performers. A great perk is free and discounted theatre tickets.

Pros

Free or discounted tickets, teamwork, exciting environment and creativity.

Cons

Unsociable hours, underpaid and job security.

Thats a hardest part of the job. Getting around the place with permits and getting into rooms , where people are working. A good part of the job. When you have finished job, you that it will be A1.

Pros

Good people

Relaxed but hectic

Enjoyied the varity of day to day work load.Organising Events and day to day running of venue.

Pros

subised canteen

Jobs at National Theatre