Nationwide Building Society

Nationwide Building Society Reviews in London

London41 reviews

progressioncentretargetbranchsocietyrolecanteenswindon

cashier

seeing all types of members meeting their needs making them aware of products and services handling cash taking enquries diverse independent training 25 days holiday

Fab

Love it very goood staff and working environment thank you I’ve enjoyed my time here over the last few years but due to the pandemic I now work from home

Insights into Nationwide Building Society

Areas for improvement
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Job security, welcoming colleagues and great management. Great place to start working and stable job to begin your career. Safe place and environment especially during Covid. Get to learn lots of new things which will benefit you in the future.

Pros

Great support

Cons

Internal opportunities

Great company

Nbs is a great company to work for, they have a great work life balance however it is just the pay that let's their staff down which is a shame. Their pension is great.

Poor

Poor management, unsupportive, blame/scape goat culture. Lack of personal discretion. Targeted even though apparently targets no longer exist. Wrong people in wrong positions.

Good Company

Nationwide highest management team has the best intentions for its staff members but middle and low management always ruin everything for the staff members.

Overall it's been absolutely atrocious. I'm only talking on behalf of my branch. Overall career progress is 0 based on my branch you cant progress. The annual pay is very bad and the work just keeps getting more. Less for head office to do more for MRs to do. I do believe that this is a good place to start for young people if they want experience but not for long term.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

A very nice place to work.

Located in the heart of the City, Nationwide is very central. I am an IT contractor but it is a very nice place and the people are very friendly. The Café on site is also nice.

draining and repetitive

learnt not to let people take advantage of my niceness. most enjoyable part of the job was learning something new everyday about different people. being able to date customers. management were friendly but a lot of favoritism towards certain individuals.

I enjoy working at Nationwide and have been given training and support throughout my career, I have met some amazing friends also. ii I have progressed in many roles throughout the years

Great company but difficult to work in branch network

Branch network it's always under staffed so there's always much more things to do compared to what you are supposed to do. However, my team and in general teams are amazing and also the culture is really good. I've been involved many times in volunteering activities in and outside the branch.

Used to be fun

My time at Nationwide was lovely until the directors decided to refurbish the branches. Dreadful, so many things restrict you from giving great customer service. And IT always crashing , unbelievable. Everyday at least 1 ,2 or 3 teller units fail. Embarrassing. With the new system , transactions take twice as long as need to enter details on two different systems. Bonkers. It is such a shame. I would still be there if it wasn't for all these issues.

Pros

Love helping people.

Cons

Not paid for extra hours just expected, High staff turnover in branches, People leave because manager incapable of running branch and helping out in busy periods, Morale low due to not enough staff.

Full Time Customer Representative - Hard Working and Under Paid

Overall Rating - Working at nationwide I have met some life long friends. Depending on where you're based you can have a good or bad relationship with your colleagues. I have hears some not so pleasant stories. Job Work/Life Balance - For a full time employee you are there Monday to Friday, Some saturdays are required (around 2/3 per month). You are expected to be there at 8:30 though you're paid from 9. Saturdays are usually 4 hours depending on your branch . Salary/Benefits - As a CR, I do feel that those in the role are underpaid and hard worked. We are expected to do more than is in our job description and not paid for it. You will find that you pick up the slack for those in higher paid positions. They do offer a range of benefits in the likeness of salary sacrifice schemes to save on tax but they're only really benefits if your use them. Job Security - Jobs are secure unless you do something very very bad. In terms of advancement it is very much a who you know, going along with the status quo and senior management liking you. This is especially apparent within the branch network. Management - Overall management is not amazing, definitely room for improvement. Job Culture - As long as you're seen to be doing what your doing you'll be fine. NOTE: if applying for this role you can negotiate salary. When I began I was told this was not the case and then later found out it was.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

Poor Management, Low salary

nice

VeryGood Rate this company*required Overall rating* Salary and Benefits Job Security/ and Advancement Nice Management Job Culture Job Work/Life Balance

Good company to work for. Provided many opportunities for career growth.

Great company, with excellent senior management, who are supportive and open to challenge and who want to continually improve how the business is run for its customers.

Pros

Supportive culture

Cons

No longer in the CRE new lending space so future opportunities limited.

Nice Place to work

Good place to start work and gain some solid experience in a regulated, audited environment but this was not a significant career progression step for me.

Develpement

Depending on individual branch choreography, in my current role I have control of my day to day business and thus, my development is self empowered. Management are always on hand to support career progression in any way you see necessary.

Great work life balance and Immense opportunities to build on your skill set

Very proative culture Great people to work with, seniors are very helpful and supportive Immense opportunities to build on your skill set Exciting experiences dealing with senior stakeholders from various business areas within Nationwide and also the third parties

A well structurd and supportive company.

As customer Service Manager the daily tasks included the basic running of the branch, ensuring service standards and sales targets were met, basic staffing issues from training to disciplinary matters and audit and compliance duties.

Pros

Varied daily role.

Cons

Lack of opportunities in Sout West to progress

Interesting and fun place to work

Excellent career paths available and plenty of inhouse training provided. Opportunity to progress with full involvement. Excellent team environment.

There are some great people working here and lots of opportunities to do really interesting and challenging work

working for Nationwide has been a great experience for me, they offer a great range of products and services and are good to their employees. My day to day work involves welcoming customers into the branch, meeting their day-to-day needs whilst providing an excellent customer service. identifying the needs of the customers across a range of our products - everything from credit cards and loans to savings accounts and insurance - building strong relationships, meeting the needs of the customer whilst being focused on providing a great service.

Cons

Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Building Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement