Nationwide Building Society
Happiness score is 53 out of 100
View all Nationwide Building Society reviews

Nationwide Building Society

Nationwide Building Society Employee Review

Slow pace but good work life balance

Having worked at NBS cince early 2021 I have seen some changes mainly due to a new CEO and leadership team and it feels like more change is coming to help modernise. My team has a good manahger and a good worklife balance, salary lower than market average, but only by about 5%-7%

Pros

Work Life Balance, good team, good office in London

Cons

Slow Pace, poor management in other areas, too much duplication

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Great place

Loved it, managers were great and so were the people I worked with. Only left as had to go on maternity leave and they couldn’t have me back part time.
Same location

I used to enjoy it

Lack of progression when attending academies to move onto further roles. Pay banding needs to be improved when applying for new roles and being successful at interview stage as no pay increase when learning new skills and working in new departments

Let down by call centre work environment

The Sheffield call centre is not a great place to work.Staff are constantly patching together broken processes while taking flack from members on the phone. Managers take no notice and send condescending emails. They don't understand the job anymore and fail to help when processes and issues are highlighted to them. Management don't see the bigger picture just focus on phone adherence. Tied to phone with no opportunities for progression unless you use your own time.It really needs looking at. The management structure seems to be all wrong. Lack of support, encouragement and inspiration from above. Staff are not heard in this job. Really needs improving.

Pros

Good pension, positive work environments in other areas at Nationwide

Cons

As above

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Building Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Nationwide Building Society with

Learn about Nationwide Building Society in popular locations

• Nationwide Building Society
  • Slow pace but good work life balance