Nationwide Building Society
View all Nationwide Building Society reviews

Nationwide Building Society

Nationwide Building Society Employee Review

Safe company

This is a good place to get that financial experince from. A good employer that will look after your needs with a good pension, work benefits and job security

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Good place to work.

Good place to work, systems can be slow and very dated. Not much movement for development opportunities. Overall stable workplace and good benefits overall.

Pros

Work life balance.

Cons

Low pay

Very supportive employers

The thing I loved about nationwide is how much they promoted and encouraged sharing positive encounters with members throughout the day, I found it really helped boost morale and made everyone want to work hard to achieve a good success story about going the extra mile.

Pros

Support from senior managers

Cons

Having to start half an hour early than paid hours start

It used to be great

Having been with NBS on and off since 2013 i have seen it's better days. I used to love my job (personal banking manager), face to face appointments and making an impact on people's financial situation was the motivator. I am also on decent salary - 24,5k (most new starters will get 18,5k now). Since covid evrything has changed upside down. Job role changed and we were told to do call centre calls, which is horrific. calls comming through one by one, you could be answering hundreds a day from idiots who can't or won't self serve. Management is hit and miss. I've had some fantastic managers who developed me in my role and as a person, but I've also dealt with lazy ones who care only about themselves. I'd probably avoid now as not worth it anymore.

Pros

pension, death in service (x8), 35hrs a week

Cons

working as call centre staff (even though you're branch based), generally low salary, no progression opportunities whatsoever.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Building Society. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement