Nationwide Care Services Ltd
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Nationwide Care Services Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom117 reviews

Great place to work would go back

Featured review

Nationwide Care Services Ltd selected this as a representative review
Lovely managers and brilliant director he is very passionate about looking after his service users its should be about making staff and clients happy and they do that was happy working for them thankyou

Avoid

Avoid this company!!!!! Will add extra calls on you and send tou everywhere and will ring you constantly on your day off and while your on shift!!! You will not have a life with this job. Dont even get payed in between calls or walkers travel.

Pros

Nothingggg!!

Long hours but rewarding job. Hard to balance social life as hours are long throughout the day although because you’re doing long hours you only have to do a couple days a week. But you don’t get paid for all day, you only get paid for the time you are at a clients home. Any time traveling in between is unpaid.

Good workplace and staff and management are great

I would love to go back and work there again the management are really good and I enjoyed the job role, the staff are really good with meeting everyones needs

Official response from Nationwide Care Services Ltd

29 April 2022
Thank you for your kinds comments, appreciate you taking the time to post this review.

Office staff are awful but lovely clients and carers.

Was told at interview that there would be room for progression - joke. Office staff are very cliquey and some even related! They are gossips and I used to find out things I definitely shouldn’t! Long hours - they don’t care about work/life balance and will always try and give you more calls and overwork you as the office staff think they are above completing care calls. Moved on to a better company now - definitely would not recommend. To senior management - You should start randomly drug testing your staff!!

Pros

Lovely clients.

Cons

Poor management, overworked, underpaid, work with gossips, no uninterrupted rest, expect you to work 7 days a week, rude office staff who think they are too good for care.

Okay place to work- managers expect a lot and no days off

Great place to work however extra calls get put on you all the time, no days off as constantly having to cover others, on call ring for you to pick up calls all the time

Pros

Paid millage

Cons

Long days

Ok place to work in

Work place was ok to work in at times was stressful, management was good too very understanding. Would recommend this place to everyone as the pay is very good and they always have work available

No social life

Not managed properly pay not that good staff are always overworked & tired, service users are lovely but overall it’s not a good company to work for )

Pros

Nice clients

Cons

Overall a good company, structurally there are issues but you have the same issues in any company you can work for. The rotas can change a lot but the coordinators always notify and ask permission first, be aware if your availability says you can work that day you will be put on that shift, annual leave can be hit and miss you do have to get them in fast and cannot always be guaranteed like any company, you are not paid for any left over or any carried over, the company has progression opportunities like carer to senior carer pretty fast if they see potential but it can come with a to of work but they do some times try to make this easier, but as all companies do it has it sups and downs.

Productive and inspiring

My application process was easy, they communicated well and I had my interview. I was asked to complete a half day of practical work so they could evaluate my skills and see if I was suitable for the role of administrator. This process was concluded within the week and I agreed a start date. The founder of the company - Mr Azam goes above and beyond for every employee. I've never known of a company where the founder gives so much time to every pay grade and the positive feedback is consistently provided from all staff. The managers have been supportive and everyone gets along great. There's a real sense of belonging and all employees are embraced. The company is passionate about their work and aim to ensure service users and employees are looked after. Hard work and dedication does not go unrecognised with carers progressing in to office roles along with the office teams working through the ranks and achieving their goals with all the help and support available. Nationwide Care offer their employees fully funded courses to improve their knowledge and progression. In the time I have been with the company I have progressed from administrator to manager. The company is expanding, they have taken new directors on board who have an incredible wealth of knowledge and experience between them. I genuinely believe Nationwide Care is THE care company to be employed by right now!

Pros

Dedicated teams. Progression. Friendly. Encouraging and inspiring.

Cons

None.

Official response from Nationwide Care Services Ltd

29 April 2022
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed and in depth review. Your comments and your experience of working with Nationwide Care are exactly the kind of positive experience we aspire too.

Very unprofessional, incompetent, disorganised and rude

Trying to communicate with management, who should have shadowed me in my job role , never once did she do that, the rest of the office staff helped and guided me.

Pros

Nothing, the office staff were kind and helpful

Cons

Long hours, incompetence, no guidance, you just have to get on with it

Worst company to work for

Worst company to work for, not paying right salary, no management support, so much neglect towards service users. Extremely unprofessional company. Not recommended.

Have a laugh with clients

Ive been working for nationwide for 2 months now I have a great laugh with the people I care for & enjoy working with them. Management are very supportive & wanting you to progress. The only down fall is having to fill up petrol & its only 20 a mile, also making the time to have a break between calls. Rota is always different from carehub app on the day.

Pros

Supportive management, lovely clients

Cons

Split shifts, millage, dont get paid full time your working

People that care about what they do

Nationwide is an amazing company because of many reasons, but what is the most important to me is the dedication that people who are employed by the company, managers and the CEO have for what they do. At the same time people are very friendly, always there to help and support you. Also, from what I see there is a path for progression no matter where you start in this company.

Pros

Dedication, support, pay, progression

Awful

Worked there for a few months, loved it to start then put me in places I didn’t want, constantly changed the rota….some days could have it changed 2/3 times, apologised for changing then later on would change again! Service users were lovely, other care assistants not so lovely, were just very very two-faced, constantly talking behind ppls backs & even making WhatsApp groups!. Gave you 5 minutes to get from one job to another, bear in mind when you’re walking it’s impossible…..even takes buses longer to get there! Stay away…..it’s not worth your sanity! You could be working 5 days yet they’d still phone for you to cover, they’d even phone in the day to put extra calls on you, luckily I knew wh9 were phoning so wouldn’t answer!

Pros

Having days off & not being there, working on my own

Cons

Hours, management, other carers, constant rota changes

Productive and friendly managers

A very nice relaxed atmosphere friendly staff that are helpful. Received a lot of help and assistant nothing was too much. Highly recommend the company

Pros

Lovely people

Cons

Job satisfaction

Great place to work and progress

Since working at nationwide Iv attended course and gained qualifications, my manager is helpful and approachable and she wants the best for all her staff and service users. If your looking to progress in the care sector then nationwide is definitely the company for you.

Pros

Progression

Great work place

I've worked for the Birmingham branch for nearly 2 years, I've enjoyed working here more than anywhere else, management is very good and understanding, colleagues and clients mostly speak urdu( Pakistani) , they are very friendly and easy to get along with. Overall good money and good hours too.

Pros

Hours

Cons

The CEO is quite grumpy

Management work with you and support your needs as well as the clients

Overall my experience with working for the Nottingham branch has been excellent, they are accommodating when meeting the needs of my family life/work life and if iv ever had a problem it has been dealt with quickly, naturally in care I am expected to work some early some late starts, but that comes with the job. If I need to work more hours they offer them. The office have always been supportive of my progression and I am currently working towards my level 3. The office staff are very friendly and I am comfortable going to them with any problems I have. If I have concerns over clients it is acted upon. I think you get good and bad wherever you go, but the staff I work with are professional, supportive, and generally a great team. We have regular supervisions to discuss future prospects, goals and concerns

Pros

Plenty of hours

Cons

Can be late finishes on late shift

Collaborative and understanding

I have been working with the company for approximately six years and so far it has been a great experience. When I am in need of extra work the coordinators are always happy to accommodate for bonus hours according to my rota. I feel as if I have developed a relationship and bond with the nationwide team and feel apart of the business.

Pros

Holiday pay & supervision pay

Excellent company

Not long been with them but have been welcomed with open arms. Extensive training and really from management down everyone is so helpful. I would highly recommend coming on board with the company.

Pros

Excellent training. Helpful

Cons

None. If you love caring come to nationwide

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Care Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement