Nationwide Care Services Ltd

Nationwide Care Services Ltd Employee Reviews

Nationwide is a great place to work overall with service users, I enjoy my job as a whole. The only downside is the management team, they give out unrealistic working hours with breaks in-between that could last 2 hours. The other problem I'd address is that you could have no work placed for you for a week or more, along with management being completely unresponsive through emails and calls as well as lacking any sort of team environment, which makes it hard to communicate.If care is a sector you would like to go into, personally I would recommend a proper care home with stability.Overall 2 stars for the company and 1 star for management.
Do not apply for this company. I took this role thinking it was a great opportunity unfortunately this wasn't the case. Save yourself some time and stress and don't go for this company.
Pros
Great clients.
Cons
Long hour, poor management, clueless in there role.
The very few positive comments are from the office staff who are all related to one another, so there going to put positive comments. Don't believe this company they all stick together and lie about there attitude towards the staff that keeps them where they are today.
Pros
No time to stop
Cons
Long hrs
You need to use your own car and the pay you get don't cove your fuel you put in your car as you use it all day going from house to house long hours pay rubbish
Pros
Free ppe
Cons
No breaks
Nationwide cares services....... well where do I start.I was at NWCS for 2 years.. and it really took over my life. I was depressed for the whole 2 years. The job is really demanding(physically and mentally) straining. The clients are lovely. You do get the odd horrible ones but majority are lovely.. the management at NWCS(Nottingham branch) are very unprofessional.. when you first start, they say if you have any problems or can’t attend your shifts. They’ll compromise and find cover for you.. this is all lies.. they tell you to find your own cover..... even if you’re new. The office staff gossip. The office staff have their favourites(usually the ones who’ve been there for a long time).. I’ll never come back here..
Pros
Days off
Cons
Long hours, no LIFE, repetitive work! Hated it
I love working for NCS i have no worries about my hours, loads of work and I like to work with other care staff all friendly and willing to help. i like the training given and i like the office environment.
Pros
all good
Cons
I have been working with NWCS for over a year now and from the very beginning I felt very comfortable in this work place. I was working for a different Care company before and I felt very tense there and was not able to express my feelings or views, I was also not allowed any flexibility. At NWCS I feel like we are a big family and I have a very good co-ordinator who always listens to my concerns. I have recommended NWCS to my friends and family who have also joined the company and have been very happy. I also give this company a very good name and will always represent them in the best possible way
Pros
Very supportive staff in the office and flexibility
Cons
I have been working for 3 years with this company and have gained a lot of experiences through the years. I have had full support from my coordinator to management.The reason why I have stayed this long was due to consistency and flexibility. They pay above minimum wage, which is always a bonus!
Pros
Flexibility.
Cons
Non.
I work at the account department which was a new role, which i have settled well into. I found the staff very welcoming and friendly. Received a lot of training on job.I will recommend working for nationwide care services.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
I worked in the Dudley area on half dayz but always had to do long dayz when I said no and my manager shouted and screamed at staff. I have been shouted at by her .One of my friends was shouted at because she couldn't work what was on her rotaManager is so unkind and talks about you behind your back and manager gossips You need proof even when you have been in hospital and when you call in to say you are sick they wont cover any calls resulting in you having to take more time off , which they dont pay you. Senior is up herself and you never have a chance of passing a spot check If she can be bothered to go out. I got no support in calls when I started it was just a case of getting on with it . When I started I was so excited at my interview and training that it was very disappointed that it wasnt what I thought it was gonna b
Pros
Regular pay
Cons
Dont listen to staff
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nationwide Care Services Ltd?
Absolutely horrible place to work,some carers are ok, but the office staff are horrendous.no mannerism treat you like a dog and not a human think there better than you,big liar's,they are racist towards white employees,they all close rank if they think a carer as done wrong,they are just in this for the money and not the care, shocking company I could go on but I've got better things to do.
Pros
Cons
Terrible
The training person wendy is amazing she is really helpful and goes through everything slowly and always is open to answer any questions the group I had was really nice and we got on well the location is good and not hard to find as there is parking onsite and on the street too
The manager his full off himself they team can b ungrateful no matter what hour u do and pick up drop shift will b glad to move on your only good if u do extra hour have favorite carers
Pros
Cons
Judge quickly
Worst company to work for.The dudley office is awful the manager is rude full of herself and never even has a conversation with the care staff she’s better then is she thinks.The mess with pay change your rounds without asking.Hardly any time for the clients as they are always adding extra calls.All about the money nationwide is and no care for care staff or clients
I thoroughly enjoy working for Nationwide care services. The atmosphere is great and it is a perfect working environment. The staff are all great and work well together. There is a lot of support available to us and a lot of progession oportunities.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Salary not the best
I could have not have asked for a more supportive employer. Good work ethic from all staff at the company. The pay could be better, but other than that I would definitely recommend working here. There is a good working relationship between all staff. They care about your needs and will go above and beyond to ensure that you are supported in every way with the facilities, support and guidance provided to all staff.
You can either put your head down or get on with the job or approach their friendly staff who are always willing to help. If I need extra shifts they help me. If I have family problems and can’t work they cover me.
Pros
Great job with great management and staff
Cons
Pay could be more competitive
Erdington branch is the best place to work in. Great company, amazing staff everyone is so friendly. Close-knit company. Definitely do recommend to work for this company!
the business itself needs a change as they feel as if they can talk to their carers rudely. i've been shouted at by the erdington branch manager himself and he got away with it as all the managers would support each other instead of their own workers. (the worker can do over 40 hours and they Still won't show any appreciation towards them). The erdington branch manager thinks he can shout at people as this very unprofessional. he was very rude. the overall job do NOT appreciate your work for them. they expect you to do extra hours for them but can't cover you if you call in sick the office people are rude. they think they can walk all over you. no l overall they are rude and i would stay away from this company. all asians work there and they all act the same in terms of work wise.
If anyone recommends to you or you do find this job and you think it might be of an interest to you, then run for the hills... The management is AWFUL out there and the staff members don't care about Carers. If you quit the job, then they will threaten you by calling the Police because you just have thier Uniform which is outrageous. They will drain you mentally and physically! They have broken thier own policies and getting away easily with everything. Treating other carers like you are nothing... For example, a family member passed away today? The don't care, they want you to work tomorrow. You are sick? Too bad, they'll force you to work or they'll threaten you. They will force you to work MORE than your shift pattern availability. They are good at talking behind your back with others and make you the guilty one. Supervisor will never listen to your feedback or complaints you have. They think they know they are right and you are wrong...
Rude management, no respect to staff, unfair treatment, find excuses to humiliate you, create drama not to pay you correctly, so many staff in the office only working with a mind set to leave as soon as possible
Pros
Bad management and directors try to save money by hook or by crook
Cons
Not applicable