Nationwide Care Services Ltd
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Nationwide Care Services Ltd Employee Reviews

Great place to work would go back

Featured review

Nationwide Care Services Ltd selected this as a representative review
Lovely managers and brilliant director he is very passionate about looking after his service users its should be about making staff and clients happy and they do that was happy working for them thankyou

Awful

Worked there for a few months, loved it to start then put me in places I didn’t want, constantly changed the rota….some days could have it changed 2/3 times, apologised for changing then later on would change again! Service users were lovely, other care assistants not so lovely, were just very very two-faced, constantly talking behind ppls backs & even making WhatsApp groups!. Gave you 5 minutes to get from one job to another, bear in mind when you’re walking it’s impossible…..even takes buses longer to get there! Stay away…..it’s not worth your sanity! You could be working 5 days yet they’d still phone for you to cover, they’d even phone in the day to put extra calls on you, luckily I knew wh9 were phoning so wouldn’t answer!

Pros

Having days off & not being there, working on my own

Cons

Hours, management, other carers, constant rota changes

Productive and friendly managers

A very nice relaxed atmosphere friendly staff that are helpful. Received a lot of help and assistant nothing was too much. Highly recommend the company

Pros

Lovely people

Cons

Job satisfaction

Great place to work and progress

Since working at nationwide Iv attended course and gained qualifications, my manager is helpful and approachable and she wants the best for all her staff and service users. If your looking to progress in the care sector then nationwide is definitely the company for you.

Pros

Progression

Great work place

I've worked for the Birmingham branch for nearly 2 years, I've enjoyed working here more than anywhere else, management is very good and understanding, colleagues and clients mostly speak urdu( Pakistani) , they are very friendly and easy to get along with. Overall good money and good hours too.

Pros

Hours

Cons

The CEO is quite grumpy

Management work with you and support your needs as well as the clients

Overall my experience with working for the Nottingham branch has been excellent, they are accommodating when meeting the needs of my family life/work life and if iv ever had a problem it has been dealt with quickly, naturally in care I am expected to work some early some late starts, but that comes with the job. If I need to work more hours they offer them. The office have always been supportive of my progression and I am currently working towards my level 3. The office staff are very friendly and I am comfortable going to them with any problems I have. If I have concerns over clients it is acted upon. I think you get good and bad wherever you go, but the staff I work with are professional, supportive, and generally a great team. We have regular supervisions to discuss future prospects, goals and concerns

Pros

Plenty of hours

Cons

Can be late finishes on late shift

Collaborative and understanding

I have been working with the company for approximately six years and so far it has been a great experience. When I am in need of extra work the coordinators are always happy to accommodate for bonus hours according to my rota. I feel as if I have developed a relationship and bond with the nationwide team and feel apart of the business.

Pros

Holiday pay & supervision pay

Excellent company

Not long been with them but have been welcomed with open arms. Extensive training and really from management down everyone is so helpful. I would highly recommend coming on board with the company.

Pros

Excellent training. Helpful

Cons

None. If you love caring come to nationwide

Working out the kinks

Derby is a branch working out the kinks. There is always room for improvement and the branch have acknowledged this and are working on a plan to get better and do more. I find the office team a really friendly lot who offer an ear to anyone in need and the carers working tirelessly to show compassion and empathy to all the service users

Pros

Friendly and warm team

Cons

Work force availability

Derby

Been with the company for over a year and a half, office staff have always been helpful and supportive. They all communicate with you well, I always get enough hours of work and happy with how everything is going

Pros

Hours, communication

Cons

Late nights

Derby

Whilst working for nationwide I have found the new management really supportive. Very approachable and easy to get on with. Office staff are always in a good mood and a call away

Pros

Amazing people

Cons

Cold nights

Good company to work for with opportunities to progress.

As a carer for nationwide, you have are given a full time working week regardless of zero hour contract with opportunities to work extra hours if needed. I was given very good training before joining the company and they ensured I was confident before entering the community as I had no previous experience in care. There is support from management for care workers throughout the day. My managers very approachable with ongoing support offered from them throughout.

Pros

Extra hours available.

Cons

Great company to work for !!!!!

I have worked for a couple of care companies and I can honestly say I have enjoyed this company the most. The support any guidance you receive is second to none, I don’t get that feeling of dread going to work on a Monday morning anymore. I feel I am listened too, and my ideas and thoughts are valued. Great company and they do actually care about the well-being of their staff and clients.

Pros

Supportive, feel part if a team, great support provided.

Cons

Can’t think of any con’s

Fun and well paid

This is a great company to work for and are very organised, the shifts are very good hours and are paid well, i would recommend this compmany as they have a great range of clients that are lovely

Lovely job to have

Only been with the company a short time however, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time here so far. The office staff are helpful, friendly and will try to accommodate as best they can. Always opportunity to pick up extra shifts and they have great rates of pay.

To

Do not join this company!!!The work hours are terrible and the office staff are rude. I was supposed to be part time but they still give me 40/50 hours. They will put random calls on you without even asking and swap shifts with out asking too. They break the rules for their benefit. I remember being sick and I had to work all day for five days straight.

Pros

Cons

Long hours No respect

Wouldn’t recommend.

A shame that a lovely job is turned stressful by management, the management are very unorganised, they put extra calls on at no notice at all, they never acknowledged uncomfortable incidences that could occur during the calls, the pay should be a lot more. You also MUST work 6 days a week if your ‘40’ hours (they give you as many hours as suits them).

Pros

Lovely clients

Lovely job

I have worked for Nationwide Care Services within Worcester for just over 3 years, great staff and service users. Always happy to help whenever i need

Pros

Great staff and service users

Not easy

The manager was more interested in his phone and passing work off to the deputy manager, the management was a joke in general but since then I believe it has improved.

Cons

long hours poor communication

Excellent care company

Brilliant care company. They care for each service users needs and ensure the right care is provided. Management is always happy to help and support all carers in any way that they can. I would definitely recommend working here. I have never had any problems it’s always a pleasure to work for a company who treat staff and clients very well.

Pros

10/10 service for both service users and carers

Worst place ever

This is a ZERO HOUR contract! and when you do get hours they expect you to work from 7am to 10pm! They only pay you when you’re at the service users house, they don’t pay for travel time so imagine being on your feet for over 12 hours and only getting paid for about half of that!!Management is a joke! All they do is gossip about you. Even with serious health conditions you can’t call in sick. Avoid this place even if you’re desperate for a job.

Pros

Service users are nice

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Care Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement

Compare Nationwide Care Services Ltd with

• Nationwide Care Services Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?