Nationwide Care Services Ltd
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

Nationwide Care Services Ltd Job security & advancement reviews

I think Is the best expriance of my life with nationwide.i really enjoyed with me teacher.Being enjoying working with nationwide.really looking forwad with them.
Pros
Effective training
Cons
Travelling and lack of resources
I came to join the company as I thought it would be a great experience but now I dread it!. Always Constantly throwing extra calls on you through out the day without your promotion. rotas are all over the place and changing them everyday, management are horrendous and dont help you with anything. Extremely rude and disrespectful. Dont get given proper training so i went into service users without full knowledge. As long as shifts are covered they dont care about wellbeing of service users or staff. Bad wage also. Awful place and awful office staff
Pros
Breaks
Cons
I have been working for 3 years with this company and have gained a lot of experiences through the years. I have had full support from my coordinator to management.The reason why I have stayed this long was due to consistency and flexibility. They pay above minimum wage, which is always a bonus!
Pros
Flexibility.
Cons
Non.
I work at the account department which was a new role, which i have settled well into. I found the staff very welcoming and friendly. Received a lot of training on job.I will recommend working for nationwide care services.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
I worked in the Dudley area on half dayz but always had to do long dayz when I said no and my manager shouted and screamed at staff. I have been shouted at by her .One of my friends was shouted at because she couldn't work what was on her rotaManager is so unkind and talks about you behind your back and manager gossips You need proof even when you have been in hospital and when you call in to say you are sick they wont cover any calls resulting in you having to take more time off , which they dont pay you. Senior is up herself and you never have a chance of passing a spot check If she can be bothered to go out. I got no support in calls when I started it was just a case of getting on with it . When I started I was so excited at my interview and training that it was very disappointed that it wasnt what I thought it was gonna b
Pros
Regular pay
Cons
Dont listen to staff
The training person wendy is amazing she is really helpful and goes through everything slowly and always is open to answer any questions the group I had was really nice and we got on well the location is good and not hard to find as there is parking onsite and on the street too
I thoroughly enjoy working for Nationwide care services. The atmosphere is great and it is a perfect working environment. The staff are all great and work well together. There is a lot of support available to us and a lot of progession oportunities.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Salary not the best
Working for nationwide was a good experience i learnt a lot. Managment was good and understanding but co-ordinators needed to understand the job more especially when they dont come from a care experience. Moving up the ladder was a non starter due to going to family and friends. Bur over all sad to leave.
I worked at derby branch for a year I loved my job and the are always finding ways to improve the company in regards to the quality of care and staff environment welcoming office and staff are very helpful in balancing home life and work loved working for nationwide care
Pros
Flexibility
Hi It's an awful organisation and the health care trainer is very nice. I've recently joined it and update my review in future I like it and recommend
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Nationwide Care Services Ltd?
i have been working for the company for 5 year. i enjoying working here wouldn't change it for anything else. i get regular hour all the time and get all the help i need and all staff are caring and understanding. manger is very helpful always communicating with everyone. good work and family life balance.i would recommend everyone to join the company.
Lovely company to work for ,office staff are approachable Co workers are reliable and friendly Training is through and insightful Work load is manageable
Pros
Job security, meeting different service users
Cons
wages
Lovely place to work if you do your job correctly, repercussions like any job if you have commited them but there all also rewards too. Understanding office staff that approach everyones needs differently ie short notice holidays. Co care workers are great and easy to get along with very welcoming when new. Everyone is given a fair and equal opportunity and there is always help further if needed unlike previous similar I have been in when once your trained thats it your on your own always further on going help available a phone call away. Even when I found an opportunity better suited left on a good note and was wished all the best of luck.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Gaps
I have recently started work for this company ,the staff have been very supportive in my job role and the management are very approachable. The staff in the office have dealt with all the enquiries that I have called about. The staff ask you what hours you are available to work and they will also ring you and offer you over time if you want it. The training is very thorough and the culture that is taught is about person centred care. I get great job satisfaction from knowing that I am making a difference in peoples lives.
Pros
supportive management team.
Since the current manager took over about 12 months ago, the company has improved a lot. Management are very supportive in regards to personal problems. Shift patterns are really good (4 days a week most weeks). If you need more hours, there are always some available. Recent changes within the office mean that training is one of the best I have had. Two weekly pay is a great benefit. Good quality care is the focus now for the branch and there is a positive feeling within the branch. All clients are assessed properly and if I ever need anything for a client, the office is always there to help. Progression within the branch is always encouraged, and QCF qualifications are offered. Overall a much better organised company to work for.
Pros
Flexible shifts and fantastic support from management team
Not a very nice premises very dirty.............staff very unprofessional .......post left all over floor..... could do with a deep clean.... careers jobs 10 to a 1p avoid this place ike the pague ...... go somewhere where they would care about staff.avoid avoid... with caution...............
Cons
I wouldn't advise anybody to work for this company nor would I recommend them to any families or clients. I initially enjoyed it for the first few weeks. It then became apparent that it wasn't about offering the highest quality of care as they advertise - but about trying to cram in as many calls as they could onto your shift and harass you via phone to work out of your availability to cover sickness etc. I was often doubled up with new carers fresh out of part time Saturday jobs with no idea or interest in the care sector. This would make our job more stressful trying to do the work of two people whilst trying to train them. Shadowing typically lasted for 2 days, then they were out in the field on their own. Nationwide's recruitment ideology was to employ young, naïve, no stings attached college drop outs, who were available at any time of the day or week. Every now and again we'd hit lucky and have a bright, driven individual wanting to deliver outstanding care in the community. But unfortunately they'd see the company for what it was and run for the hills. Sickness will not be tolerated. You will be expected to go to work if you are unwell. Many clients weren't correctly assessed. We were attending calls that should of been hourly calls, but were expected to complete tasks in 30mins. We had client's with advanced needs we weren't properly trained to meet. Communication between care staff and office were poor, important feedback often ignored. Office staff were undertrained and lacked motivation. Found their conduct very unprofessional towards co workers - more...
Pros
Opportunity to complete NVQ's
Cons
You are disopable. Zero hour contracts. Very poor pay for the work expected.
I loved working here, I didn’t have to work every weekend so my social life was balanced! The money was decent as I worked as much as I wanted best job so far
Pros
Got to do training while working
Cons
Late nights
Office only seem to care about themselves. So many people have quit recently, I'm not surprised. Requested to work in my area and they had me going to a different area. Was left stood in the freezing cold waiting on a senior and the office kept telling me to wait baring in mind i had already been waiting 1hr 30mins.
Cons
I learnt something new everyday while in a fun and productive environment. This made working at Nationwide Care Services a very enjoyable and educational experience.
The office staff and management think they are better than the care assistants. Office jobs are advertised however are taken by people that their friends or family recommend. There is no rooms for progression.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Very unprofessional