Nationwide Platforms
Happiness score is 48 out of 100

Nationwide Platforms Employee Reviews

United Kingdom73 reviews

drivertransportsafetyhealthlongpoorofficeyear

Be careful do not trust her.

Good place to work if you want to be stressed all the time planners keep pushing jobs onto you & giving no time to do them as for the TM mason don’t trust her as far as you can throw her. Liars Promise you the earth and Absolutely nothing happens so guys be very careful of this one

Pros

Money

Cons

Long hours.

Terrible

Nationwide have a very cut throat approach towards their staff they don't look after them at all You will only ever progress if you become a yes man to everything they say

Insights into Nationwide Platforms

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Supportive environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Worst place I’ve worked at.

Toxic atmosphere, everyone is out to get one up on each other, lose overtime on the bank holiday weeks, very frustrating and stressful especially being a regional driver, hotels on stop min of once a week. I wouldn’t recommend working here to anyone. My last month pay I’m missing a thousand pounds, I wouldn’t go back there if I was down to my last penny.

Poor all round

Low pay Long hours Mangers attitudes stink Supervisors attitudes stink Time from the second you arrive to the second you leave. No ones gets on with anyone at all unless your in the supervisors click. Not a pleasant atmosphere at all

Pros

Really cant say theres any in this job

Cons

Long hours, low pay, bad attitude, zero moral

Not a nice company to work for

Engineers are at the very bottom of the pile, there are no benefits to working at this company and the salary does not come close to the hours you work, impossible work load expected and risk that comes with working on powered access.You get the feeling of just being a number from management as they do not care about employees under the level of location service manager.Do not waste your time by applying.

Pros

The Engineers and drivers

Cons

Management and Pay

Durham depot,

Durham depot is a good place to work, it is fast passed, fairly long hours and PHI takes priority but get a chance to get the hands dirty with repair jobs.

Pros

Relaxed manager. Helpful staff.

Toxic

Very poor culture, they do not care about people at all, the sole focus is on daily hire revenue. Employees are worked to the bone with little support. Senior management are so far disconnected with the people on the ground that they make poor decisions.

Cons

Long hours no support

Not bad

Probably one of the better jobs I've had. Hours can be long but pay is reasonable. Modern trucks and good training. Transport office could do with a shake up but most are the same, ran by people who don't know and have no idea about the job.

Pros

Reasonable pay

Cons

Poor higher management

Grossly underpaid.

dirty job, out in all weathers. Addresses to delivery point often WRONG, contacting the transport team is difficult, sometimes impossible. You are left on your own too make difficult decisions, and if you make the wrong one, your life becomes a nightmare, with phone calls from Senior management who would not normally give you the time of day. You will be told it's Job and finish but often it is not. Management are only interested in one thing,that's covering their own backside when things go pear shaped , and it's often the driver who gets the backlash. The pay is very poor, and overtime rate non existent. Trailers and ancillary equipment in very poor conditions and you as the driver will often have too effect a repair.

Pros

When everything is going OK you maybe left alone.

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, senior mangement have absolutely No idea how to talk too you, Health and Safety at a price that suits them, Delivery points in an articulated lorry often down roads unsuitable for a transit van.

Multi-drop for pennies.

Managers don’t have a clue what they are doing. Constant lies and false promises to try keep the workforce quiet. Long hours and multi-drop for pennies and no support as once you have your work assigned it is your problem.Health and safety only applies when it suits.Pay experienced staff less than new starters.

Pros

Free Parking

Cons

Terrible Pay.

Very very poor management

I worked for this poorly run company for just under 4 years, the first 2 years were good the last 2 years was the worst ive ever known.The management couldnt run a bath and when you do leave they mess with your money. There always trying to push for more and more work dont care about drivers hours or breaks and treat drivers like they know nothing, most drivers i know have forgotten more than any manager in the south east region will ever know.The place is run by incompetent managers from top at head office to regoinal managers.

Pros

Cons

Leaving

Worst experience

Worst company I have ever work for, don’t do it...ever! Management an absolute joke, not got a clue, constantly spouting lies, encourage bullying and backstabbing, it’s all about brown nosing for those control freaks who actually have no clue how to do their own jobs never mind manage others. Work/life balance is extremely poor. Machines oldest aged on the market and service/operations will lose you any/all relationships you have put a lot of time in to building. Can honestly say I would never consider rejoining and in fact happily go out my way to poach their customers. No surprise so many are walking.

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

Too many too list.....

Staff very friendly

Staff very friendly and helpful and understanding .good place to at ,I enjoyed my time here and I did all the train they ask me to do.I got my 3a and 3b and load and unload iPaf

Pros

Free training for ipaf

Cons

Hoirs are just right

All skirt and no ..... You get the drift

They love a poster and can do the talk but when it really comes down to it the machines they send out are shocking everything last minute they think they can turn around a machine in 20mins It's all about the numbers and don't really care about the employees they have lost touch.

Promised lots and actually got very little

The job itself was varied but lots of hanging around with little information of the job that day what could be stressful. They always Seam to dangle a carrot with lots of promises for what was to come. The sad fact was very long days with unreliable hours as you would only find out that night (6pm) if you was working the next day, If the management and office staff would be more honest there wouldn’t be such a turn over of staff..

Pros

Can be interesting work

Cons

False promises and the pay turns out to be lower.

Currently under furlough

Currently under furlough. I am allowed to work on a temporary basis. I have lots of experience in sales and have great customer service skills. I can adapt very well to varying situations from site visits then to meeting company directors.

lots of training

lots of driving and load and unload machine and delivery machine staff are friendly. chain down m achine and check the hight of your load before you go out the yard

Terrible place to work

Sent away all over the uk but told not to acrue any overtime, overtime which is a lesser rate than your broken down salary rate. Management apart from one or two are only there to gain brownie points by whatever means possible and will lay blame on anyone they can to avoid any comeback for their lacking, dont do it! D

False Promises & Lies

Management constantly lying to employees and promising them things that they cannot deliver on. Good company to work for if you want training though, but unfortunately management cannot deliver on their promises.

Great Company

Only worked for a short time was a great time working there and took a lot for the experience. This is a great company with great job opportunities and chnace to move up the chain and progress your career within the company.

Productive and fun working work place

If you are ready for a challenge,and want to be developed in your career and have fun whilst your doing it, Nationwide Platforms is the place to be. Working for a market leader has its benefits, don't take my word for it, apply today and get on the road to success!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Platforms. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Nationwide Platforms with

Learn about Nationwide Platforms in popular locations

• Nationwide Platforms
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?