Nationwide Specialist Services
Happiness score is 46 out of 100

Working at Nationwide Specialist Services: Latest Nationwide Specialist Services Reviews

Proceed with caution!!

if your a window cleaner/cleaner be warned this is not your straightforward cleaning job. Unsociable hours , no clear direction from management and lack of communication overall and a "pass the buck " culture throughout. You will be expected to complete jobs within a unreasonable time frame with a lack of equipment and support. Management will pressure you into doing something unsafe In order for a job to be completed and if you say no they'll just send someone else who is unaware of the dangers.

Pros

You get paid every Thursday and plenty of overtime.

Cons

Unsociable hours. You will be expected to start work between 12am & 6am

23 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about NSS. We are sorry you didn't enjoy your time with us. If you would like to share more detail with us, please email the HR team hr@nssgroup.com and we can follow up with you.

Stay away

This was a great company when I first started but you soon learn that the only way you could get a promotion is if you're a family member of close friends with another manager. No tools supplied and when you are given some they expect you to be grateful. To much work given out to do jobs properly and manger only look out for themselves

Insights into Nationwide Specialist Services

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Not a great company to work for

Underpaid for the work thats involved, fleet department useless.Equipment in vans always braking down and takes for ever to get replacements of anything.To many over paid managers and not enough on the job workers.A lot of issues within the company from director's, managers to cleaners that are dam right lazy.All in all i wouldnt recommend nss as a company to work for. Unless your desperate for work.

Pros

When you finnish work and go home

Cons

No perks, managers, to many to list

Great environment and team

Really enjoy working at NSS, started as a temp then offered a permanent position. A new position came up within my department and I jumped at the chance to progress. Great team in the Leeds office, loads of training too.

Career and Progression

NSS has demonstrated a commitment to staff development and progression. I started as a cleaning operative and moved through the business as Area Manager, Contract Manager and Regional Manager. This is a company that will support and provide all you need to achieve your career goals. The management team give clear directions and ensure all equipment, tools and fleet are provided to allow tasks to be undertaken efficiently and safely. Overall a fantastic place to work with a really supportive culture and commitment to their staff.

Pros

Career progress, Good Pay, Supportive Team

6 June 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about NSS. We are so happy to hear this! Thank you for your review.

Progression

Worked at NSS for ten years now. I started as an operative and progressed to a supervisor then area manager and now a regional manager.If you put the effort in you can progress in what is a good company to work for.The whole of the management team progressing from operatives is testimony to this. The rates of pay and work/home life balance is great to.

Pros

Loyalty and progression

6 June 2022
Thank you for sharing your feedback about NSS. We are so happy to hear this! Thank you for your review.

Horrible management sack them all!!!

Horrible to work for.dont do it.incompetant managers. They should all be sacked!!! U have to buy washing up liquid etc yourself. Then apply for your money back what a joke.....not even a day training. Half a day...

6 June 2022

Busy and a lot of pressure

Extreme workloadToo much work outside of the actual job that you don’t get paid for, organising route ectMy manager is a decent guy company policies are mostly bad

Pros

Finish at 1 if you start at 5

Cons

Poorly managed, problems that aren’t your fault become your problem

Avoid at all costs

Place is a s*#t show, pay is terrible, management are clowns, feel like you're being over worked and under paid. Expected to cover everyone's back but no one has yours

Great work place

Great place to work, I feel appreciated and valued. A lot of progression in the company! Plenty of overtime when you want it and my manager is really helpful and understanding.

Fun and keeps you fit.

Not for you unless you like early starts but then you will finish early in the day as well. On the whole I enjoy it and there are plenty of opportunities for training and if you want it there is plenty of overtime but no pressure to work it.

25 March 2022

Superb employment experience

I speak as I find and I've had nothing but a good experience at NSS. Regular reviews with my Manager nip any issues in the bud. The business is growing and I can see that there are lots of opportunities for development and progression.

Pros

Career development opportunities. A great culture.

23 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about NSS, it’s great to hear you’re enjoying yourself. We pride ourselves in open communication. We’re glad to hear you’re having regular reviews with your manager.

Expect too much for salary

Good company to work for but long hours and plenty of driving if you’re interested in driving more than roofing then this role is definitely worth it

Pros

Everything supplied

23 December 2021
We appreciate your feedback, and we will take on bored your concerns about the driving times. As we have national clients it’s difficult for us to ensure our employees stay in one location. We’re growing rapidly and as a result hiring more roofers in different locations.

No glass ceiling.

Started at NSS about ten years ago and I have progressed from a window cleaning operative to a regional manager.All NSS managers have progressed from window cleaning operatives. This shows if you put the work in you can progress at what really is an excellent company.

Pros

The whole team from top to bottom.

Cons

None.

23 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about NSS, it’s great to hear you’re enjoying yourself. We pride ourselves in supporting progression throughout the company.

Professional, fast growing company

NSS has a great culture. Employees are recognised and rewarded for their work and commitment. Due to the growth, there is always opportunities to progress.

Pros

Fast Pace

23 December 2021
We are so happy to hear this! Thank you for your review about NSS.

Great workplace highly recommended!

I started at NSS recently as an apprentice, I felt really nervous as this would be my first job. They have made me feel so welcome and part of the team in just a matter of days. I’m so happy with my choice and can’t imagine working at another company. I feel empowered already to make my own decisions own my learning path.

Pros

Offering apprenticeship to gain experience

Cons

Deciding what to bring for lunch

23 December 2021
It’s great to know you feel empowered, this is one of our core values that we like to use in everything we do at NSS. Thank you for your feedback. We hope you enjoy your apprenticeship and learn new skills within NSS.

What a joke

Not the place for having a life equipment always breaking it’s just cheap stuff travelling all over the place in a 8 hour shift you can’t get to the places in tht time frame…example 3 hour drive to Oban travelling on your own time bearing in mind you don’t start your shift till 10pm and you finish at 6 you are not payed for the travelling time so 3 hours up there 2 hours to do job 3 hours back and you expected to go past Perth and do a job there that takes around 3 hours is laughable tryed explaining that this is impossible in an 8 hour shift to which they think it’s a 10 minute journey because they look at a map lol plus it’s on nightshift

23 December 2021
Thank you for giving us some feedback.We're sorry to read about your experience. We are always keen to listen and take feedback on board. If you're willing, please get in touch with us at hr@nssgroup.com and we can arrange a confidential conversation with you.

Do not work for NSS

At NSS you will be expected to give your all for nothing in return. You will be told that the mistakes made by management are your fault. No one cares about the workers and any constructive criticism is taken as negative and a personal attack.

23 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us.Although it’s difficult for us to hear negative comments, we do however appreciate you sharing your experience. We aim to listen to everyone feedback and grow. If you're willing, please get in touch with us at hr@nssgroup.com and we can address these issues.

Do not make a choice to work for nss

I hace worked with nss for over 2 years . When it was high access it was a great company to work for. Since the merge they don't know what's going on? Everyone is a Director or partner its a joke. Always look to blame employees if the job could not go ahead. They know you have to break H&S regulations to get a job that should of been cancelled complete it's shocking

23 December 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us.Although it’s difficult for us to hear negative comments, we do however appreciate you sharing your experience, so we can improve moving forward and address any concerns been brought to our attention. If comfortable we would like to hear more about your concerns, could you please send us an email at hr@nssgroup.com

The pits

For the love of God, do not apply to work for NSS, previously NATIONWIDE, the name has changed but the company hasn't, traveled from Scotland to England (without pay,) for a monthy meeting, where you're spoken to like a peice of dirt, while they check your van, a clear signs of mistrust.

Pros

there are no pros

Cons

there are no cons

23 December 2021
Thanks for your constructive feedback. We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. It's important to us that we live our values, so we're very concerned by your comments. We take these allegations incredibly seriously and will not tolerate any behaviour that's detrimental to our culture.We would really appreciate the opportunity to gain more insight from you about the issues you faced. If you'd be willing to have a confidential chat with us, please get in touch at hr@nssgroup.com

Great Place to work

I have worked at NSS for just under a year and i think it's great! The company is growing everyday and the opportunity's keep growing for all the staff. I feel valued for the work I do at NSS.

23 December 2021
Great to hear that your enjoying working at NSS! Thank you for your review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nationwide Specialist Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement