NATS

NATS Employee Reviews

After several months of promises by the company that we would always be looked after as an employee. As soon as the current situation occurred and financial strength began to weaken, most vulnerable assets were made redundant in order for the company to "survive".
Cons
Ran like any other business, no care for their employees
A really fun, vibrant place to work where I felt really appreciated. The training for the job was really enjoyable and when it was time to perform on my own (once validated), it was dynamic and challenging. The manager's door was always open and they couldn't do enough to help should there be any issues. Same can be said for colleagues in that they would always be friendly and happy to answer any questions. A really friendly and somewhat family feel within the department.I worked shifts so although the mornings were early starts, the day always went swiftly and you had the rest of the afternoon to yourself to get on with daily duties like shopping or going to the gym etc. before the early evening rush!No two days were the same so it kept things interesting and there are opportunities to move around the business should you wish to. The managers would also support you if you wanted to transition. Overall the department works well and everyone has an understanding of what the common goal is. This means the overall organisation has a great working culture.
Pros
Great department managers who want to help, good salaries, friendly colleagues, shift patterns so you can get things done in the week or around your shift times, opportunities to progress, job itself is fun!
Cons
None that I can think of!
Working for NATS is great. They have a very good work /life backhand culture and they pay well. I was a contractor so didn't benefit from other benefits but know them to be good. A worthy employer if it recovered from covid.
Pros
Work /life balance
Cons
Heavily impacts by covid
NATS is one of the biggest employers on the south coast and provides excellent career prospects in a variety of disciplines. For permanent staff they provide competitive salaries, benefits and pension scheme.
Basically, nepotism is rife and always will be. You’d be surprised how many generations have passed through the portals. That is where the main problem lies ; promotion is rarely achieved on merit. When these untalented individuals eventually attain a position of resonance, they attain contract status. Gaining higher share status, company car and basically strict guidelines in saving money reducing head count, limiting resources and making stress an everyday experience for everyone beneath them. It became a soulless profession and now they are reaping the whirlwind. They have started “shipping” all the contractors and it won’t end there.
Pay is great and we were payed weekly so it was nice never running out of money. some of the staff were hard to get on with and the hours weren't great and made my work/life balance hard.
Good company to work for and the managers are great, comes with great benefits, easy to commute too, if you like aviation you will enjoy working here.
Normal pot wash job, keep plate's and kitchen clean. Managers were good; all they ask is that you get on with the job in hand and don't mess around. Colleagues were friendly and easy to get along with. Free breakfast and dinner.
Good Salary, but conditions can be strained, although I was part of a team run by a person from THALES due to it being a joint venture. No flexibility in Working from Home even with a laptop.
Pros
Free fruit, coffee and tea
Cons
No felexibility in working hours
Great worklife balance. Takes a long time to change things and a bit clunky but overall good place to be
The job itself and the training department are wonderful and should be commended. In complete contrast the business side of the company are much removed from the training division and are heartless with no care for each individual often not in communication with the training division. I would recommend Nats to anyone but it will always come with the caveat that ive been told by multiple colleagues and ex-colleagues to be extra-careful because the business side of the company have no compassion.
Pros
The Training, Job, Hours, Benefits, Wage
Cons
Heartless Hierarchy on Business side
For me this was only work experience, however, what an amazing experience it was! Everyone i worked with in my department was tentative and very helpful, and ready to answer any questions you might have had! The working times were very flexible and the hour lunch break was appealing, with a range of variety when it came to food, location to eat and facilities to use.
Did not like a to far from home so I look for chagen in work so came home and know looking for any job that will suit my family life so feel free to ask any ??
Pros
Pay your lunches
Cons
12 hours
Staff are amazing, spirit within the group is excellent, wish I could have spent more time in this organisation! The training is exceptionally well-run and the staff were always ready to help if you didn't understand anything.
Pros
State of the art facilities, supportive staff, very interesting job.
Cons
Time away from family while training
Incredible business with great opportunities. The facilities are brilliant and all work is completed to high standards, so if you like a job done right and managed correctly, this is the place.
Pros
Very safe with good jobs and facilities
Cons
Very high security
Good managerial ethics. Excellent appraisal policy great pension package. Would recommend anyone thinking of working with them and promotion prospects are always on offer.
I very much enjoyed my time working at NATS. Air traffic control is a really interesting area of work, with many opportunities to develop technical and managerial skills.
Although this is a great place to work, I am relocating to Fleet and I can no longer work here at this time. The job can be tough but I will always give 100% where ever I work. NATS has been kind to me and I wish them all the best.
Whilst the job itself and the challenge it presents are great the lack of job security can make it a bit of a gamble applying to NATS. The difficulty of keeping up with the learning curve and the ruthlessness which those that can't keep up are treated means that you must always ensure that you have a contingency plan in place before relocating yourself down here and putting all your eggs in one basket.
NATS is more than just Aircraft. Typical day can be anything from hosting a meeting to climbing a 50 meter tower on top of a mountain. The operation never stops and safety is paramount. I have learnt so much from this company during my many roles in the organisation, they have ensured I have the right training all the way through each change. Working with such intelligent and challenging professionals ensures you keep you skills sharp on a day-to-day basis. The most enjoyable part of my job is being part of the team who interview the new Trainee Air Traffic Controllers, I have learnt some really useful skills which are easily transferrable to my business partner role.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
You need to be flexible
Start about 7am Working on project so quick update to the project manager and estimating time and reviewing if the deadline date would be achieved. Worked on projects which required min management experience but also would be assigned to help other as I had SQL skills that most of the team did not possess. Only thing was at lunch - walked the dog (although if needs must I used a dog sitter) What I learned I now know the terminology of arrivals and department of an aircraft so do not sit beside me on a plane. The13 scenarios of weather that effect an aircraft arrival at Heathrow I also learned all aircraft companies call signs Hardest part of the job was communications not much verbal discussions even though you were 2 desks away. Co-workers - permanent staff were very hard to interact with but other contractors were great (made a new good friend) Most enjoyable of they was plenty of jam doughnuts but on a serious note was when you management signed off the analysis you were working on Also enjoyable having a lunch where I could think whilst I walked the dog) on issues I came across in the morning and ways to improve or come up with a way round a problem Whilst a Lloyds Banking Group I went running round the docks in Bristol
Pros
10mins walk from house
Cons
Contract so no holiday pay or bank holidays etc
  1. Employee reviews