Natures Way Foods Ltd
Happiness score is 40 out of 100

Natures Way Foods Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom52 reviews

nightshiftlonglothourdaygoodplace

Fast paced and stressful at times, but colleagues are supportive

The job requires that you'd be fast in packing products/or arranging the crates on the pallets - you know, a typical factory setting where time management and speed matter a lot. Occasionally, colleagues will step in when the work gets overwhelming and the same is expected of you too. A simple, but tasking job.

Terrible workplace

I worked for these people for 3 months, long hours in cold conditions. The people are quite rude and mean they don’t care about you as an employee and management are pretty sly nasty pieces of work.

Pros

Good work/life balance plenty of time off

Cons

Freezing facilities, long hours for terrible pay disloyal colleagues

Insights into Natures Way Foods Ltd

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Worst workplace ever!

Worst workplace ever! Avoid at all costs or you will say goodbye to your nerves!Poor, very poor management!!! Incompetent colleagues, poor or none training for new starters!

Pros

None, zero, null!

Cons

Shift pattern will ruin your life

The shift pattern is not for anyone who has a family and enjoys seeing them as it chops and changes form days and nights. The agency staff are rude and do not listen to instruction.

Pros

Not any I can think of

Cons

Cold work environment Bad shift pattern Unfriendly Agency staff

Cold, long hours.

Refrigerated factory so always cold. Shifts are 7-7 rotating pattern days and nights. More days off but you’ll always be tired. When it’s busy there’s enough to do but when it’s quiet there is a lot of downtime making the shifts drag on forever

Pros

More days off

Cons

Long hours, cold

Has gone downhill

Used to be a good place to work, not anymore. People in central functions are paid well, but operatives are neglected. Some long standing employee in senior management team/ directors have left and since then the business has lost control.

Pros

Some of the colleagues are great and I will miss them.

Cons

Low pay, no work -life balance.

It was years a go but good company

A lot of works, pemenently in rush. Nice people. I spent there six months as a employee. WOrk as paking operatives is not easy, rush, atention for good sealing and packaging.

Production

not workplace Very cold very lots cool..fans Night days same rate no bank holiday..They not incerase yeary rate..Cut bonus still worker money no good equipment..main manager not care about worker. That company not care about workers

Pros

Cut break

Cons

Nights same rate like days

Great company. I spend 12 years and really enjoyed. 2 weeks days 2 weeks nights. Managers was not to bad, but some of them definitely need simple education how to communicate with diverse people.

Fast pace.. low staff... very long shifts

Ive been working here 18 months and since I started there they told me each dept should have 8 -10 staff to keep the pace decent. Well since I've been there this never happened. My current shift has 4 sometimes 5.. high turn over staff wise and alot of pressure to get the work out in time even tho we domt have the man power... constantly chasing jobs and on your feet non stop 12 hours 2 weeks of days and 2 weeks of nights confuses your body and feels like I'm just living to work there. they were supportive of me massively when I had personal issues that were serious.. they were outstanding... But I was asked to go back onto nights after I had gotten better and I was not wanting to do nights and they couldnt make an exception for one as would have to do it for all.. But people talk and theres 2 staff there that have been on dayshift longer than I have and doesnt seem to he an issue with those people as sadly its not what you know its who you know and if your pals with certain managers you can get away with alot more..So to say they cant make an exception they already have for 2 others.. I also had respiratory issues that were bad they were aware.. I took 1.5 shifts off one day as I had sle kind of breathing attack and since then they got funny with me and try sticking back on nights... Yet other didnt have to.. We all tall there so why they think I wouldnt know this is silly... Anyway the shifts leave you no life style what so ever.. you get pulled for sickness if u have 3 times off in 365 days.. yet managers and certain staff can apparently take time off sick without a sniff -

Pros

Non

Cons

Overworked, not enough staff ever, and people get special favours more than others if they are friendly with someone higher up..

Great teamwork ,work and life coorelated

Great people, very competitive but in a good way , always will push you to express yourself, lear, excelent in house learning and development classes . Long shifts but lits of free days also. Managment is very work force orriented , and are always there to help.

Pros

Lots of free days, grat life work balance

Cons

Long shifts, 12 hours shift, but this is nothing comapred with the life work balance that you get

Progressive company, enjoyed my time there

I spent many years working for NWF in the salad factories and progressed from the shop floor to a management position. Excellent place to work and offers opportunities to develop/progress to motivated staff. In my experience the salaries are very competitive. As per most food manufacturing plants in this industry, production jobs are shift based and involve night shifts which aren't for everyone.

Pros

Development and progression opportunities

Cons

Night shifts in production

cold uncomfortable enviroment (refrigerated factory)

12 hour shifts including nights, in a refrigerated environments and fast paced stressful . not for the weak or faint hearted. and phisically challenging.

Brilliant Place to Work

Can not fault NWF as an employer Joined them in 2018 to climb the ranks and that is exactly what I have done. They have provided opportunities and training for me. They look after their employees and the structure in place makes it a brilliant place to work. The recent pandemic has just highlighted what a great company they and how proactive their approach it proud to work here

Fast Paced

Fast paced environment, flexible working arrangements available. Need corporate experience to survive, so this place is not suitable for someone looking for a first job.

IT Bods the Kiddies

A nice place to work. Sadly a little 'out of town' but they need the land. Good staff. A good 'work hard, play hard ethic'. CEO at the time was great.

Enjoyable

Enjoyable and interesting place to work. Very supportive in work/life balance and lots going on to get involved with both in and out of work. Would have stayed there much longer if I hadn’t had to relocate due to personal issues.

bad to work

Hard work to start with , a lot of responsibility for small salary , they dont care about workers , no bunuses , stressfull place to work , overall poor

Cold, long hours, poor pay and no english people

The place is cold and miserable. They turn the chiller on lower in winter times. The hours are long and overtime pay is shockingly bad. The advert states you will get between 17200 to 21500. You will never get 21500. You wont achieve this even if you know all areas of logistics and have an unbelished and long career with them. People rarely speak english. In fact every other european language but english. If you are english and don't speak another language you will hate the place.

Pros

Paid holidays

Cons

All the above

Horrendous place

I have witnessed their "restructure" last and this year too. Unfortunately the business is doing poorly, the talented ones left by themselves, the good ones who expressed their concerns about the performance were fired and the dumbest people stayed - with a few exceptions. Senior managers there do not care about leading the business they only care about their own (short-term) benefits as they know they will leave the sinking ship before it's completely gone.

Pros

not a lot

Cons

low pay, bad management

Avoid, even if desperate

Workplace bullying is rife within the commercial sector of the business, especially the marketing function. A steady strategy and direction within marketing is lacking. The expectation is to work all hours of the day and night, as this is what the leadership team do. All round unpleasant culture with few benefits. The office is stuck in the middle of nowhere, the local traffic is appalling. Avoid!!!

Pros

The offices are fairly new

Cons

Long hours, stressful environment, poor business culture with bullying at the very centre, average pay, few benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Natures Way Foods Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement