NatWest

NatWest Employee Reviews

Other members of staff are amazing and very supportive. The company has dealt brilliantly with the covid pandemic, supporting their staff. Some management isn't the best, they don't seem to have alot of empathy. Customers (usually the ones with money) are so disrespectful, I have been called names and have been shouted at for only following the procedures set to protect them.
Pros
Dealt brilliantly with covid. Other members of staff
Cons
Some management, some customers
As stated above the pay is good however be prepared to be bullied by management. You cannot speak out against wrong doing as your life would be made even harder. Saw lots of bullying however be aware you are not safe to report this. Staff in branches work extremely hard but constant job cuts and extra work load plus increasing sales and service targets make it difficult.
Pros
1 hour lunch, good pay
Cons
Never leave on time, bullying culture
Good company to work for, great team work, supportive even though we are working from home, company listens to feedback and will act upon it were necessary
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Systems a bit outdated
You are bullied constantly , goalposts are moved constantly, The Job itself is ok, but how its mismanaged is terrible. Constantly threatened with my job. Told to fÂĄ$k off and find another job if I didnt like it. So After 10 years I did and never been happier.
Pros
Money
Cons
Stress no life work balance bad management
Unsupportive management, stressful and competitive. Left on your own to cope with volume of work, one till open with a long line of customers complaining at you. You are constantly on your feet, have to move a very heavy coin bin that kills your back, no safety precautions in place and zero training or support provided
Pros
Non
Cons
May lead to nervous breakdown
The stress of having to hit targets and sellProducts to customers, they literally would have sold there granny to hit a target, if you didn’t reach your target we were encouraged to stay and sell over the phone, I say encourglaged what I actually mean is pretty much bullied to stay, if you didn’t your life was made impossible. I loved my job as a cashier and it was all I ever wanted to do since I was a kid but the bully culture knocked that out of me and I left after 8 years.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Toxic working environment
Everyone is very very friendly and easy to get along with, the work is boring but relatively easy, however it is fast paced and time is definitely of the essence in this job.
Pros
Lots of holidays
Cons
All go, not very relaxing
Corrupt, cliques, if your face doesn’t fit then you’re in for a shock. They don’t trust anyone, make you feel like a criminal ALL THE TIME. Push targets on you so much you feel like you have to bully customers. No recognition for good work (unless you’ve just sold a loan for 25k to an 18 year old!) beware! All management are in each others pockets and I have seen staff criminal behaviour which has been ok’d by management. Good luck!
Pros
Lunch time
Cons
Everything else
I was only there for 2 weeks but really enjoyed it. The atmosphere was great as well as the people I worked with and the actual workers there. Nice place.
Pros
Didn’t work alone.
Cons
Long.
Fast paced and constantly changing industry training is always given.Team work is required in setting everything up for the start of the day.You may be required to work longer hours but overtime is not paid, you can request this time back.NatWest also offer a very good package of benefits
Pros
Package of benefits offered
Cons
Setting up tills. Filling ATM. Serving customers, keeping counter area tidy. Checking on colleagues. Answering telephone enquiries and customer queries. Advising customers of other products. Attending regular staff meetings and undertaking training. Covering at other branches. Balancing tills when required
Pros
Free uniform and other perks
Cons
Fast paced, stressful
I've worked for NatWest for six years (as of yesterday!). It was my first 'real' job after further education and i've been provided with the opportunity to gain invaluable skills and work myself up the metaphorical ladder. I've had three different roles within the bank and have always felt I've been treated fairly and encouraged to undertake both personal professional development. The work life balance you get here is second-to-none and they always put your wellbeing first. Overall, a great place to work.
Pros
A great work life balance, performance based annual pay review
Cons
None.
Enjoyed it first five years then all changed and too much stress Current environment is making it very hard to continue to meet the demand of the business not the Custoner I’m a people person and I miss that
Pros
Local
Cons
Stressful
Fast paced and constantly changing industry. Target driven and micro managed to achieve the targets. Natwest do not care about you as an individual, you are only a number and can be replaced.
Pros
good pay
Cons
ruthless staff
Worked in a branch for so many years. Did the various roles before lots of roles were centralized. Then the selling targets came in with unreasonable targets. Expected to do overtime for free. Work life balance poor. Best part of the job sorting out customers requests solving their problems. Worst part sales target goal posts were moved all the time.. If your face fitted then you were ok if target not achieved.
Pros
worked close to home
Cons
salary, micromanagement, bullying by management
I enjoyed my role here shame we got made redundant. Great place to work, great people, I loved my role and miss it. Training given and work ethics great. Social events and piers great to work with Very demanding fast paced
Pros
Great tk work for
Cons
Pay rises
NatWest looks for new and innovative ways to provide products for customers both current and new. It is this innovative mindset that allows employees the freedom to generate ideas and push them to where seniors can see.
It was very interesting to see how a normal day at a branch does occur. All of the staff were inviting and accepting of me shadowing them for my work experience.
Nat West was a great place to work, they where constantly training and allowing their staff to come up with new ideas for the smooth running of the company. I thoroughly enjoyed my 15 years of employment.
Very good place to work, flexible hours to suit family life. Good business benefits, good pension benefits . Only thing that lets them down is the pay.
Very relaxed environment, not professional as you would expect from a bank. Management just care about figures etc. 8% pension comes out of your wage which you cannot opt out of.
  1. Employee reviews