NBC Environment

NBC Environment: 22 Employee Reviews

United Kingdom22 reviews

trainingcompanyjobworkworkingdaymanagementgood

Not much work - life balance

Having a personal life was not existent if you wanted to earn enough to live just comfortably. Management just tell you anything to keep you quiet and stop asking questions. They lie often and change their stories if you catch them out. Expect management to keep changing their mind about your terms and conditions throughout working there and be bullied into doing overtime even though you’re not contracted to do any.

Poor management

You get a lot of promises and no follow up, difficult to get stock when needed. Hard to get backup from management. Bonuses were promised that would give a decent wage, these never materialised.

Pros

Not any to speak of

Cons

Promised good bonuses which never materialise, hours not guaranteed

Insights into NBC Environment

What people like
  • Energising work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Poorly managed, overloaded with work and dishonest re the bonuses.

No HR dept, one small office which is actually just a cramped, noisy room with a crumbling facade. Phones constantly ringing and no real training which meant often just guessing about customers technical queries. The management just locked themselves away from the admin office.

Pros

The technicians are overall lovely people

Unique and Satisfying

My job involves a lot of variety and this is what I love the most about my role. I have worked for NBC now for several years and have developed many skills since joining, development is there if you want it!

Pros

Recognition

each day was different

Fast paced and exciting management structure needs addressing but otherwise that is the only failing. interesting role and a lot of opportunity to self manage and work independantly.

Hard work but great fun

NBC are busy, very busy which can result in long days but your work is recognised and more importantly appreciated and they pay will with overtime but also productivity incentives and commission.The work is also varied, its not just checking boxes although of course there is some of that. Since working there I have put a net on a factory, flown falcons over a development site as well as lots of normal pest control.

Pros

Good pay, lots of overtime, nice people

Cons

Days can be long

Not your average pest control company

Working at NBC has allowed me to continue in an industy i love, aswell as experiance all the strange weird and wounderful projects NBC specialise in.

Pros

Good rates of pay, lots of training, excellent RPM bonus scheme

Cons

Can be long hours

Brilliant opportunity

The best job I have ever had everyday is different and very enjoyable and a lot of training given and it’s good that they want to better all of their employees

Pros

Enjoyable everyday

A welcoming place to work

Very good company to work for, really friendly and actually feel part of a team. Everyone helps everyone. Salaries are fair and the recognition for doing your job well are endless. The company are very quick to recognise any hard working members and show a lot of gratitude.

Productive and fun place to work

Excellent company to work for! Been here for a year now and loved every minute of it! Very supportive colleagues, advising and pushing me to achieve my goals!

Professional and expert

I Joined NBC January 2021 in this short time, I have been subject to a number of training and ongoing development.... Using Harris hawks!! Since working here, no two days have been the same, I highly recommend NBC for someone just entering the industry as the support is supplied on a daily basis.

Pros

Variety, Overtime, Support

Good company to work for

NBC is a great company to work for very knowledgable in their field and give great training to staff All staff are friendly and happy to help where needed rate of pay is very good

Great company, great people.

Really enjoy the changes the buisness offer on a day by day basis, with a wealth of experience not just within the falconry/bird control but proofing and pest control also.

Pros

Never 2 days the same, with the opportunities to gain experqince from working with hawks and falcons.

Cons

Long hours.

Absolutely shocking KEEP WELL AWAY !!

Do not even go there stay away full of empty promises and fake people best thing ive ever done is leave nbc as nbc stands for nobody cares and the way people treat birds of prey is shocking this companys needs shutting down and the birds need to go to proper falconers as noones got a clue about bird management and bird conditioning

Cons

At all costs do not join this company cons none, pros none

Avoid this company with all costs we’re to start , joined nbc after they have taken over are pest control company, operations manger, isn’t even qualified in pest control, also manger directors can never be contacted , schedule team send techs all over the place doing more driving then jobs are worth , a lot of bullying tactics going on throughout the company.stock and ppe forget it non existing avoid at all costs order

Do not work for this company NBC.

NBC will not provide you with any training or any help. You will find yourself very frustrated with this company and they don’t care about the care of the birds or the law.

Pros

Outside

Cons

Winter cold wet

Welcoming and helpful company with great training given.

I started working for NBC as a landfill falconer in May and the training given was detailed and greatly expanded my previous knowledge of falconry so I felt completely prepared for my new role. NBC provided experienced and well trained birds so that I was effective at my job from the beginning. All of the equipment needed was provided and help was on hand from management at all times for questions or problems. I have recently begun my new role as head of falconry resources at the company head office and help is always on hand and NBC strives for excellence in all areas of the company. All staff are very approachable and helpful, both to customers and other employees. It is a friendly and welcoming environment to work in. I have really enjoyed working for NBC so far and am looking forward to my future career with them.

Pros

All equipment and birds provided if needed, welcoming and friendly, help is always on hand.

An enjoyable workplace

When searching for my first job after finishing university I wanted a job where I would be able to continuously learn and develop new skills both professionally and personally. There are many opportunities to gain and develop new skills within the company and since starting with NBC I have been taught an array of new skills ranging from falconry to pest control. I have enjoyed working with NBC so far because everyday is different and you are presented with different challenges each day. Overcoming these challenges is perhaps one of the best bits about the job and this is where I have learnt the most and gained the most enjoyment.

Pros

Diverse range of jobs, Friendly staff, All the training and equipment is provided, Staff recognition

Positive and supportive colleagues. Great atmosphere and in depth training.

From applying for my role to being offered it I have experienced a professional and welcoming approach. My training and support has been brilliant along with a wide range of tools and equipment that has been provided. The interview process was thorough and a long process which makes me feel good to have been successful. I am loving the role and am excited about progressing within the company. From previous employment experience it is refreshing to see a hands on MD that is keen to pass on a wealth of knowledge and experience. I was recruited at the same time as another person which has helped with training etc. It has given me someone in the same position to keep in touch with and pass ideas between.

Pros

The ability to manage my own hours and job list, positive colleagues that are always on hand to help, active staff social media page.

Cons

Being entirely honest the day to day amount of jobs can feel daunting, but this does help gain experience and confidence quickly so not overall a con!

Brilliant Company , Welcoming and Supportive team at NBC

Since my first interview this company has exceeded my expectations, I have been provided with all the training and equipment to do my job confidently and professionally. The office staff are very helpfull and seem to bend over backwards to resolve any queries that may arise. There are clear opportunities to develop myself professionally, management who are supportive and very experienced in their respective fields. It was a massive decision for me to leave a company I have been with for twelve years and begin a new career with NBC, but there has not been a day I have regretted it. I would recommend choosing this company to work , as they take what they do seriously and provide the opportunity to the right persons to do the job of their dreams.

Pros

Full uniform and tools, travel, team building days, company van and friendly staff

Best place I have ever work, friendly, encouraging, supportive.

Nbc Environment is a great company to work for, from the moment I started the training has been from day one and offers or training given still today. There are alway people there to support you from the M.D, management and team leaders as well as other operatives. The work it’s massively enjoyable and the people that work there are so friendly and make you feel welcome from day one. They are always recognising and encouraging those that do a good job. NBC support you and encourage you in both work life and personal life, and the balance between the both in my opinion is spot-on. I would highly recommend this company for people that want to better themselves and want the opportunities to move forward and to work to a high standard.

Pros

great opportunities, development and pay. Friendly and welcoming people. And a pleasure to work for

Cons

There are no cons for working at Nbc Environment!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NBC Environment. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement