Neilson Active Holidays

Working at Neilson Active Holidays: Latest Neilson Active Holidays Reviews

United Kingdom6 reviews

Fun, Fast, Exciting

Neilson is a fantastic company to work for. Its a company that encourage development and open up a lot of opportunities for their employees. Its a relaxed working environment who enable you to travel the world. The hardest part of the job are the hours but the best part of the job is the people you meet and the opportunities you get.

An Amazing Employer

I cannot recommend working for Neilson Active Holidays more! Of course, the majority of their staff are seasonal workers, so conditions in general have the view of being lack, however, I strongly disagree. You are provided with accommodation ( which can be small, but has everything you need), food, and the opportunity to see the world. My interview process was what sold me on the job, it was such an enjoyable day. Since then, my view on the company has just continued to grow. From what I have heard from other seasonal workers, it seems they are the fairest and look after their staff the best. The pay isn't amazing, however, you need to bare in mind that it is an expendable wage, as all your bills are covered. I have recommended working for Neilson Active Holidays to many of my friends, and those who took the recommendation have never looked back. A Fabulous Company!

Insights into Neilson Active Holidays

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment
  • Inclusive work environment

Goodfun

Great opportunity cannot wait for next summer, Team was Part experiences and part new so made the job easier as we had people to learn from about the resort and products. Accommodation was basic but good for our requirements.

Lovely location, overlooking the sea, very friendly workplace culture. A typical day at work would be to ensure the office was running smoothly in all aspects, maintenance, supplies, H&S, cleaning and The Cafe. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with your colleagues and ensuring they were supported in their jobs.

A great business at the time

I have many fond memories of working at Neilson and enjoyed my time here. I met some friends for life whilst working here and got to travel quite a bit as well. I only left to seek a new challenge

Boy's Club

The company has gone very quickly downhill since the new management came in. Now it's a culture of sexism, oppression and choas. Advancement and new positions only come to friends of directors. A lot of the talent at the company has either been made redundant or has left the company. There are still some nice social aspects to the company but it's no longer a positive working environment.

Pros

Social life

Cons

Management at all levels

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neilson Active Holidays. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement