Nelft Nhs Foundation Trust

Nelft Nhs Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom59 reviews

Great opportunity

Relaxed administrative environment. Lots of free training opportunities. Great employee benefits and pension. The trust is overrun with nepotism and nepotism.

Supportive Organisation

I have worked for NELFT for 5 years and feel that it is an excellent company to work for. They are comitted to supporting you achieve a healthy work life balance, great wellbeing initiatives and support for parents and carers

Insights into Nelft Nhs Foundation Trust

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Definitely recommend this trust

My time at NELFT had been amazing. I have never worked for a company where everyone is helpful, welcoming and friendly. Even Executive Directors and staff are wonderful. I think it was so far one of the best environments I have worked in and will deeply miss it.

Cons

Location of job. In a industrial area not much to do

Toxic and stressful at times.

If seeking employment here use it as a stepping stone. Many staff have left, that's when they ask if you are planning to leave to inform them prior to. If your face fits you'll be okay. Working on most wards some staff are not friendly or supportive. Working here will definitely allow some to develop more of a thicker skin. Some staff are for themselves. I was told before starting about the culture of the place, they were not wrong!

Pros

Pay day, break time, home time, working with certain staff who are not work shy regardless of their grade, some service users are a joy and genuinely pleasant.

Cons

Talk about general (stressful) situations in work but nothing is done. Don't listen to staff

Too big and a mess

Large trust scattered all over, too big to know what it is doing. They are trying to be King I think and want to cover lots of the UK but the right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing.

Pros

Jobs security.

Cons

Managers don't care.

Fun work place

Nice modern offices and friendly staff management work alongside staff to help where they can and bring in bank staff to help out for when workload get too much

Pros

Nice staff and modern workspace

Cons

Can be stressful with volume of work

Supportive and collaborative.

It's been a stressful year in the NHS this trust has gone above and beyond. Very visibly led by new CEO. .Previous senior leadership not so good. Fromm plentiful PPR 2x self care gift baskets sent to staff home address's (complete surprise) and now we've been told our birthdays are considered paid holiday The emotional and well being support has been superb. Relaxation groups, drumming, excersie the list goes on After nearly 30 years as a registered nurse I've worked in a few places - this is the best

Pros

Everythimg.

Cons

The governments view of nurses.

Stressful work environment with increased job expectations and low job benefits

For a mental health service they hold little value or care for their employees and will randomly send a wellbeing email for staff but that is it. You are expected to increase work and caseload with no benefits for staff. Pay is not great and there is little to no progression within the service.No flexibility on annual leave.

Cons

long hours and hard work

Amazing staff terrible payroll team

I was working for two months in this trust. The work environment was the best in UK, I cooperated with an amazing staff and I wish to work with them in the future again. But the payroll team didn't do waht they were supposed to do. I have been unpaid for 5 weeks in a row. I asked them so many times but they just don't care. They put me in financial troubles because they don't care. They blamed my agency but my agency supported me. When finally I got paid I discovered that the money were less than expected becuae someone of payroll team put me on wrong pay rate. Again I was in financial troubles. The payroll team is the absolute joke. They dont care of you are in troubles becue of them.

Pros

Amazing staff

Cons

Payroll team is joke

Awful managers

I would not recommend working for nelft. The manager I had was crazy, she bully’s the staff and harass’s them. She picks on lower bands when she started off as a low band herself. Human Resources managers are not very efficient and stick up for the bullies. They say they don’t tolerate bullying, but hr are also the ones responsible for bullying as well. Their alll in it together.

Pros

No pros

Fab place to work!

Relaxed environment with lots of free training opportunities. Great employee benefits and pension. I'm enjoying working with the team, everyone is supportive. I have learning a lot of valuable skills and knowledge, these have been utilize to help,support various projects

Under valued

Managers within the departments of the trust tend to be bullies. The hr teams within the trust seem to defend the bullies rather than tackle them. Lower bands are not really valued within the organisation.

Productive and supportive team . learnt a lot working within the setting

I enjoying working with the team, each and everyone were supportive throughout the process . I have learnt a lot of valuable skills and knowledge this I have utilize these to help,support and referred children and young people in the community and other organisations .The knowledge based work changes so often due to safeguarding and risk of children, hence it can become challenging at times when you come across some of the safeguarding cases. The manager and senor staff are always there to help and put you to the right person if you have a case that you are struggling with .

Fast paced, stressful, busy workload

Working on reception, greeting families and professionals. Dealing with telephone queries, uploading information on RIO system. Taking messages and typing emails. Scanning and photocopying, faxing and franking post. Distributing incoming post. Ensuring the reception area was clean and tidy and replenishing stocks of information leaflets and cleaning equipment. It was very busy, but I enjoyed meeting the public and making them feel welcome and comfortable in difficult circumstances. There was a great team culture of everyone working together and supporting each other. I was experienced at dealing with any problems arising. Management were not very efficient.

Priortising quality and Progressive

Quite innovative, motivative and diverse. This is the first place that I do see nurses smilling home after the daus work. Consyantly progressive and producing good staff as well as putting patients care first

Pros

Progressive

Cons

salary is low

Great place to grow and learn

Really enjoyed working in corporate. The staff are friendly anf helpful. The chief exec was down to earth and interested in the workings of the organisation. The salary tends to be lower than neighbouring trusts but the environment made up for this. Other staff may have other experiences but mine was positive

Culture of Bullying

So NELFT have lots of managers with poor training, mainly nurses that have been there forever. A few known bullies moved around instead of being sacked accordingly.

Productive and supportive

My situation changed as soon as I changed the trust and I was lucky to get a job share within the same organisation. I have enjoyed working for this organisation

psychological bullying by seniors and managers

Experienced psychological bullying by managers both as a student and qualified. No support for junior members of staff in my opinion. No forum to whistle blow without fear of harm to whistle blowers career. Senior managers like to pat each other on the back on social media whilst ignoring issues facing front line staff, It no wonder recent CQC reported in 2019 that nelft is not 'well lead' requires improvement'. Induction lasts 2 weeks for new employees. In induction week you learn about equality, respect and being professional and honest. Very idealistic and nice. However, when I was in my role I saw none of those values in practice by my clinical lead. As a junior member of staff I was belittled undermined and the clinical lead played mind games with me. This undermined by confidence, self esteem and competency as a professional. Please please think twice before joining nelft. There are some lovely people at nelft but they tend not to be in management positions If you experience any problems with nelft, I suggest you go to the CQC and report it and or go to your union for support. Nelft managment lacks transparency and lacks respect from front line staff. Its no wonder they have a high turnover of staff. For example, 150 new staff joined in November.

Velmi dobre vybavene + moderni pracoviste

NELFT je velmi velka společnost,ktera poskytuje byt soucasti tymu a další vzdelavani v oboru. Poskytuje vse dostupne k praci ,jako PC.

Reception/Admin clerk

Each day was different, nice variety of work from reception duties to booking clinics and ordering stationery. Management where very supportive and always approachable. Hardest part of the job was when clients blocked the car park and then assumed that the reception staff could move the cars. The best part was when the day ended and you could say you made a difference to the clients.

Pros

Variety of jobs and my colleagues

Cons

Car park complaints

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nelft Nhs Foundation Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement