Nellsar
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Working at Nellsar: 39 Nellsar Reviews

United Kingdom39 reviews

Good place to work in

Support with training including nvq. Supportive manager. Unfortunately often understaffed and relying on agencies. Differently treated night and day staff by senior management team( excluding home manager)

Respectful and work as a team

In my work place my co workers are helping very well.we are working as a team .working environment is good.The management is respectful.The way to give the care is good.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Lots of opportunities to improve as an employee. Not enough competent people to support us.

Hope to see more state of the art facilities so we can serve and care for the service users well. Love the opportunities given to grow as a professional and develop more skills.

Effective and safe working environment.Can work as a team,so that it would ensure a collaborative approach while rendering care

Effective and competitive firm.Working at this company helps me to improve skills that involves complete care of an elderly.Management is really supportive .

A friendly, nurturing environment

I have worked in a variety of care settings, and found my home with work at Nellsar. I’ve never had any difficulties talking to my manager or seniors when needing information or support, and have found the team friendly and supportive. It is a wonderful environment which I have worked at for over a year, I believe that the workplace has the best interests of the residents at heart, and engage as much as we can of their interests into their care. Good communication, great teamwork and training opportunities. Very flexible in terms of availability and shifts. It is very fast-paced, but everyone works together to complete tasks.

Every day is different

Nellsar is family. If you are looking for a great place to work, join the team and become one of the family. From the moment you walk through the door there is an overwhelming sense of ‘home’.Working here can be challenging but the support of the team always gets you through the day. If you have a desire to learn and compelled ‘to go above and beyond’ then the opportunities at Nellsar are endless.

Pros

Teamwork

If your face dont fit, youre slowly pushed out

Very clique- type atmosphere ,lots of unwillingness to accept change, no acceptance of authority .High need for agency staff to cover shifts spare!!!

Pros

Free meals when on duty

Cons

Long hours, excessive need for agency use, feeling hounded to accept extra shifts

Fun workplace

I really love working at Nellsar Hengist Field Care Centre.From top to bottom, management to carers, you get a good fellowship and professional team experience.I really recommend working for Nellsar. Nice environment and good opportunities to grow if you want to with training opportunities as well.

Pros

See above

Cons

None so far

Not valued at all and under paid for the amount of work you are given.

If you aren't part of the click you are made to feel unwelcome. You are over worked for little pay. You always have other who think they can do Ur job better. It's a toxic place to work honestly. Very toxic

Pros

Cons

Mostly everything

Worst place ever to work with

It is a company who always understaffed , never increase salary even after 10 years and after gaining diploma.The workload is hard and need to work instead of 2-3 people as no staff only agency.

Pros

You can choose your shifts

Cons

No appreciation, minimum wage, heartless managment

Fantastic team

Management is approachable and staffs are very friendly and they are working as a team. The teamwork of the staffs and kind-hearted management ease the pressure of the pandemic. During the pandemic, the company had brought lots of PPE's and we were always kept updated to the current guidelines which we felt that we were being protected against the covid-19 as well as our residents.

Pros

Free lunch

Family run company, homely environment, team work

Great team to work with, person centred care and genuinely caring staff, welcoming and hard working. Lots of opportunities to progress and develop further.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Fine if you fit in with the clique.

If you fit in with the clique of manager and senior then you're fine. Only opportunity for promotion is given to friends first. Nellsar as a company pay minimum wage but expect you to be an expert, even when you do manage to get promoted you'll have to fight for the pay they promised you. Terribly cliquey atmosphere, rife bullying that gets overlooked because management are friends with the bully. Staff so stretched and overworked,there's no patient care. Just keep telling residents to sit down.

Pros

Cons

Plenty.

Management just don’t want to support anyone

Unfortunately, I loved it here and I loved the residents it was emotional saying goodbye but it has come to the point that management are not praising and always criticising you and the small things in the home. Not looking at the big picture of all the hard work. Especially as it is always understaffed and there is agency not using English which makes the residents complain as at the end of the day it’s their home! But management disregard every problem you have and there is no incentives. The main thing that keeps you going is the relationships you gain between your residents and their families! It could be managed so much better.

Pros

The residents you bond with

Cons

Management in it for money, no chances of praise, will get criticism even about how you look after a long shift, mini bus you have to pay for, management just does not care.

Residents are the best part of the job

The home is Short staffed alot so they need to use alot of agency, not much appreciation for hard working staff. Good thing is the residents and familys support .

Bad place to work

This company are very much against you giveing opinions or ideas the higher management think that everybody below them my stupid they also have a culture I've not caring what you want .

Pros

Cons

Micro managed

Nice friendly clean welcoming home

Former healthcare assistant was a lovely caring home ,staff were friendly and always professional, home was always well presented and clean and found senior staff and management supportive

Pros

Seemed a fair work place

Cons

Could be long days requested

Nasty, lazy staff who pick on you all the time.

Horrible place to work wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Staff pick on you if they dont like you. Not a good place to work couldn't wait to leave. Not good for your mental health, manage is awful.

Pros

Cons

Short staffed, stressful, no support, bad management

My place of work is lovely

I absolutely enjoy working here ,every one Is so kind ,friendly & helpfully ,a true family feel with all the staff ,I have worked here for 13 years ,and I would never consider working any where else 🥰😍🥰

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Flexible hours to suit family needs

Excellent place to work

I have been working in Abbotsleigh care centre for nearly nine years.The management is really supportive and care the staff.The availability of flexible shift is really a benefit for me being a mother of two kids.I really grateful to the manager for being caring and understanding the needs of the staff.I have nothing to mention as a negative experience over these years.

Pros

Free lunch, employee of the month, gift voucher

A perfect workplace environment.

I’m working in Abbotsleigh care as a health care assistant home which is a part of Nellsar’s homes. I’m completely satisfied being a employee there. Our team is very hardworking and caring. Once I left there due to distance and found a job near my home and I couldn’t adjust my self in new environment and I came back at my previous place where I worked almost 3 year.our boss is very good she always take care us. Employee of the month is the best part of Nellsar’s care homes.They provide free lunch to all staff which is great. 100/100 👍Currently I’m on maternity leave but looking forward to go back soon missing my colleagues and residents so much.

Pros

Free lunch free uniform

Cons

Flexible hour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nellsar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement