Nellsar

Nellsar Employee Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews

Fantastic team

Management is approachable and staffs are very friendly and they are working as a team. The teamwork of the staffs and kind-hearted management ease the pressure of the pandemic. During the pandemic, the company had brought lots of PPE's and we were always kept updated to the current guidelines which we felt that we were being protected against the covid-19 as well as our residents.

Pros

Free lunch

Family run company, homely environment, team work

Great team to work with, person centred care and genuinely caring staff, welcoming and hard working. Lots of opportunities to progress and develop further.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Fine if you fit in with the clique.

If you fit in with the clique of manager and senior then you're fine. Only opportunity for promotion is given to friends first. Nellsar as a company pay minimum wage but expect you to be an expert, even when you do manage to get promoted you'll have to fight for the pay they promised you. Terribly cliquey atmosphere, rife bullying that gets overlooked because management are friends with the bully. Staff so stretched and overworked,there's no patient care. Just keep telling residents to sit down.

Pros

Cons

Plenty.

Residents are the best part of the job

The home is Short staffed alot so they need to use alot of agency, not much appreciation for hard working staff. Good thing is the residents and familys support .

Nice friendly clean welcoming home

Former healthcare assistant was a lovely caring home ,staff were friendly and always professional, home was always well presented and clean and found senior staff and management supportive

Pros

Seemed a fair work place

Cons

Could be long days requested

Like a family atmosphere

As activities i'm challenged with keeping the residents happy and stimulated keeping mind, Body and brains active. i've learned so much being here and its like a family atmosphere i would really recommend to anyone who wants to work or needs a caring home to live in. i love the response i get from residents who enjoy the activity or outside entertainment we have. its a fun place to work and is very enjoyable.

The best possible Company to work for

Throughout my many years of employment including my NHS work, Nellsar Care Homes have by far been my best experience. I just love the family orientated feel it has and this radiates right down to every individual resident in every home, their morals are close to my heart. I feel supported and appreciated in everything I do. By far, the best Company I have worked for ..... ever. Highly recommend.

Great Workplace

I have worked for Nellsar for almost 2 years in 2 different roles . Lively fun atmosphere in the home . Management are very supportive . As the saying goes find a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life . That is was I have found in The Nellsar home I work at . Highly recommended

Pros

Free meals, supportive management, ongoing training

Great company to work for

Nellsar is a family run business with good values, management approachable at all levels, even DirectorsCare for residents is paramount and you can feel this at all levels - Senior Management really want what is best for the clients

Previous Care Assisant

I used to work for Nellsar and honestly I have nothing bad to say although it was a little difficult for me due to my mother working in the same care home as myself. The girls who work there are a lovely bunch honestly they made me feel really welcome and honestly if you want to work within the care industry j would highly recommend applying to Nellsar

Pros

See above

Love it.

Great bunch of girls who feel like family we do love where we work some times stressful got to think on your feet be that one step ahead be able to work well as a team. We r friendly and we love to make everyone smile

Very challenging place of work

Awful management. Unrealistic expectations and workload. Lots of shirking going on. Very unfriendly and clicky. Would not recommend working here if you value your sanity. No positives and too many negatives to this working environment.

Lovely place to work

This is the 2nd care home Ive worked in, the first my family owned. This care home feels like a family. The staff are attentive and work really well together. The residents are very well cared for and the management team are 2nd to none, brilliant. I love it.

Good company

I currently work for Nellsar and I'm impressed by not only the manager but the whole company. Management I've found to be understanding and compassionate. The home I work in is lovely , residents are taken care of very well as are staff , yes it's hard work but this is nursing care. I've never had issues with pay or holiday. Great company !

Management is very poor

Don't treat the staff very well, rude manager, never get the pay right. Disgusted and saddened. More agency then permitment staff. Never listen to your concerns.

Cons

The nicest care home around.

I am currently employed by Nellsar and have been for almost a year. The company is very good to work for, management have been supportive of me and have helped me to evolve within me role. A truly lovely home with the best and most caring staff. The whole team here are superb and I would always recommend not only working here but being cared for here too. The residents have second to none nursing care and have their needs met in every way. A typical day at work for me is mostly full of laughter and I feel very rewarded personally for the job I do. The most enjoyable part of my job is that there is a real team atmosphere here and you fall in love with the residents as they are all lovely. Don’t get me wrong, you have bad days, but by far one of the nicest places I have worked in for many years.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Place needs some more tlc with the decor etc...

Busy workplace.

Very busy and overworked can be enjoyable at times but is very demanding, if you like to keep on your toes then this is for you. Sometimes you don't always get a break and is long hours depending if you are working days or nights.

Pros

Free lunches (If on days)

Good working atmosphere

Good team, limited future development,salary lower than many other local nursing homes,limited training opportunities. The company are now working towards obtaining Gold Stardards Framework award.

Pros

See above statement

Cons

See above statement

good place to work

Good place to work but very challenging as it is a dementia residential home so things were always getting broken You have to keep paperwork updated as it would be checked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nellsar. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement