Network Plus logo
Network Plus

Network Plus Employee Reviews

An honest take

Gallagher's for me was the first "real job" I managed to snag and to be honest it was an eye-opener. Whilst my work let me be relatively autonomous I felt very reactive rather than proactive due to the lack of communication. I felt very disconnected from the rest of business - whether that was due to the location far away from head office or due to the fact that my role was a "dead-end" so to speak I'll leave that for you to decide. Management ranged from upper-level apathy to an employee's work and/or struggles regardless if they where a line-manager or not to middle-management/ Project Management having one or two people who where incredibly abrasive to work with. One of my colleagues was promised an alternative role after the company hired someone else to replace them - surprise surprise, we never saw them again and they where never offered a chance to stay at the company. All in all - I think if you are considering working at this company maybe take some time to think about your decision - whilst I cannot dissuade you from joining here and if you do I wish you the very best of luck - as you're going to need it.

Pros

Autonomous working, Company Phone + Van, Some genuinely lovely people

Cons

Abhorrent management, poor/ no progression, work load unmanageable at times.

Avoid GTM

This review is for GTM which is their in house Traffic Management. Created to cut costs but they don't have the boots on the ground to meet the demand causing operational stress. No management. Poor communication. No way to contact anyone as the phone number cost 45p per min. They ignore emails and texts. Any issues-good luck!Hours are long as you would expect with any traffic management job. Double shifting n all that expected. The pay is not bad for lower qualified operatives but many of the more qualified have moved on to better paid employment.Lack of organisation, structure, authority, no barriers provided for jobs, poor health n safety in the yard, lack of PPE, devices are dated-no software for your jobs to come through on & continuous buffering and crashing of apps you're expected to fill out but blame lands on the operative, no digital risk assessment option and often you wouldn't be given any paper work to actually do a risk assessment (they're pretty much non existent which is an issue, if a major accident were to happen.... )I could go on. Bad experience, I know others that have had better experiences. I feel they have a lot more developing to do if they are to be to the standard of other employers.

Pros

Cons

Too many

Great place to progress

Started off here as an administrator and was promoted within a year, feel like they can take advantage of age and experience when it comes to the work you do and the rate of pay but work hard show a keen interest and willing and they look after you.

Pros

Look after staff who show willing

Cons

Low rate of pay

Great for Development

Just stared working here and I am very surprised, I have seen so many bad reviews and was expecting the worse, however ever since I have come, The colleagues, team leaders are so helpful and understanding. You are never left alone, people all around are so friendly and just make you want to work hard for the company. I have been made aware that the company is now owed by network plus now so i can probably see the changes that have been made. The only downside is that I live far from the work place but other than that can not see a negative. If you do want to develop yourself and eventually build a career here I defo recommend.

Pros

Worklife

Cons

Distance

Avoid

Planners planning work that have never done the job and expecting you to be in two /three places at same time. Not willing to listen to on site issues (just get the job done regardless). Your constantly tracked by phone or vehicle and get phone czlls asto why your taking too long on job regardless off on site problems.

Utilities

Run by kids and cowboys, treated like s..t always wrong on pay docking hours for no reason. Charging people for broken mirrors or if any equipment that is stolen!!

Not great

If your face fits or your a brown nose you’ll get on just fine. The manger is too faced and gossips about other staffs business which in itself is not only shocking but unprofessional leaving her unapproachable. The male team leaders are great, and colleagues of course are very nice.

fun workplace for some maybe, but not for me (not suitable)

Pressurised environment there were no parts of the job, I found enjoyable didn't like the culture I just wasn't suited to it at all, but at least for me I tried

Bad management!!

I overall loved the job at spondon, its very repetitive which I liked. However my team leader was extremely horrible to me and the team. They would constantly insult the team and put people down, management were aware and often overheard but never did anything about it. The team leader once told me that when I first started they told the management they didn’t want me working there. Everyone on the team had a problem with the leader. Money is good though if you can get past the abuse

Pros

Good money

Cons

Not a stable job

Great opportunities

I have been at Gallagher's at Sponden for a while now, it is a great place to work! The company started very small but has now won a number of contracts so there is a big space for opportunities' within Gallagher's expansion! The people are amazing and I thoroughly enjoy coming to work every day. The management team work really hard and you can see that day to day, especially the Team Leaders that I work directly with. They are very personable and I feel well looked after. :)

Jobs at Network Plus

See more jobs

Read before applying

So I have only been with this company for a short time and already I have seen 3 people leave. The management and team leaders who are not approachable) are extremely unprofessional and also the job description is not what the you actually. Also they do not advertise the working hours which are 8am until 16.30pm one week and 12:00pm until 20:00pm the next and you do 2 in 4 Saturdays. The job itself is easy all you are doing everyday is booking in appointments for engineers (you make cold calls ro customers not expecting your call if your into that then maybe tjis is for you) (its really boring and repetitive). Overall if you are looking for a place to develop and be challenged dont apply.

Pros

General Staff(not management)

Cons

Working house, Management, Hygiene

Really bad place to work

A really bad experience working for this company. Very old mentality from management & get treated badly, who make you feel lower as a human being. A very bad experience overall.

Pros

Good Days/Hours

Cons

Bad Management, No hygiene, Overworked, understaffed

Friendly and fast paced

They are very strict and make sure that everything is caught up to speed. The place is very friendly and everyone gets along well with one another. The place is well managed.

Pros

Free teabags, milk and sugar. Big fridges and lots of cutlery

Cons

Due to being site workers can get dusty and dirty quick

Subcontractors work, well paid but well earned.

Dirty work and physically hard. operating and clean industrial recycling machinery. operating road sweeper operating fork lift stock monitoring learned how to use email effectively. Got my forklift and tele handler license. Management can be a bit cliche but overall a good team

Busy and enjoyable

A typical day would consist of opening and distributing post, logging invoices/credits on system either by matching to purchase orders or direct entering, answering phone and dealing with supplier queries. I also log all invoice queries and liaise with suppliers/colleagues to rectify. I am constantly learning in my role which makes each day challenging and interesting. My colleagues are friendly and we are always talking about different things that have happened both personally and professionally. The hardest part of my job is ensuring deadlines are met which can be quite stressful but that is also the most enjoyable as I like to be challenged and busy