Network Rail
View all Network Rail reviews

Network Rail

Network Rail Employee Review

Once a great job

When this was BR it was a great environment to work in. Since privatisation the job it self has gone down hill every man for himself culture management needing more & more out of the workforce at the end it became a very unhappy place to work. At the end of the day you are just a number & easily replaced

Pros

Pay

Cons

Management Treatment & no consideration of home life

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Good company, bad management

As above, just be very careful what department you got to. Good pay but people never happy. Also don’t care if they injure you medically. They will just blame you.

Signal operative

Dealing with major signal faults were trains are being delayed and cancelled makes the job exciting and fast thinking. At a grade 2 level Iearn and watch the higher level technicians do what needs done and learn how to succeed in the issue at hand. It's a job were I can constantly learn new things everyday.

Enjoy working here

I enjoy working for network rail and have made some very good friends. However I do not feel like I am progressing! I think that I could achieve more and could see myself in a higher role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Network Rail. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement