Network Rail
Happiness score is 63 out of 100
View all Network Rail reviews

Network Rail

Network Rail Employee Review

Great pay and benefits but low morale

Graft Canberra hard but for the pay it is worth it but the management above does not seem to understand there boys and take as much as they can without any payback

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

No life

Work every weekend and constantly going from nights to days body clock all over the place everyone is depressed and constantly complaining about the job. Managers speak to you like s**t all the time.

Pros

Plenty of holidays

Cons

No life
Same role

Comfortable and accommodating workplace

I have worked at Network Rail for three years now and can honestly say they are a good company to work for. They have accommodated my wishes to work from home and go into the office once a month and agreed that I can work three days a week. The management are easy to approach and will listen if you have any concerns. I previously worked for BT, and wish they had been so responsive to my needs. There is free tea and coffee in the office, and also a good canteen with reasonably priced meals. All in all a good place to work. Shame there’s no free travel though!
Same location

Family focused and supportive

My current role as a performance analyst involves interrogating reports and data from contractors and shift contractors on works complete on previous shifts. I produce a weekly executive reporting pack which gives a breakdown of earned value analysis, shift productivity and cost per shift. I act as the interface between the customer and contractor to keep strong stable relationships. the culture is very relaxed and typical "construction" I adapt to which ever culture I work within.

Pros

8 days A/L

Cons

commute to Newport

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Network Rail. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Network Rail with

• Network Rail
  • Great pay and benefits but low morale